What are your before bed rituals.......

wash face, brush teeth, take the dog out, check DD, fall in.

I rarely check the doors and have been known to get up to an open garage door.

I do not have enough energy to do all the checking and rechecking that you. Once I'm in bed, I can't get up for anything besides the toilet.

I make sure front and back door are locked. I walk to the garage door and HAVE to open it to make sure big garage door is closed and garage light is off. Then I turn lights off and go upstairs. I go to the twins room first, make sure they are under the covers and stick any limbs back in the appropriate bed, then I go next door to little man's room and make sure he is covered up, then into my bedroom.
I don't do a spider check, or smoke alarm check...that is interesting. How would one go about doing a spider check, where do you check? Up? Down? Behind things? How long does this check take? :confused3

I usually go downstairs and turn off the 15 lights the kids leave on, sometimes I think all of them are afraid of the dark. Then I go room to room turning off radios and tv's. Brush teeth, wash face put on pj's and go to bed. I don't ever really check the doors to see if they are locked. But since I have read this thread I probably will be checking the doors tomorrow night! Whenever my sister comes to my house to visit, she always checks the doors and will sometimes even go out and make sure the cars are locked.

Kelly

Brush teeth, wash face, potty, make sure the doors are locked and the cat food bowl is full, make sure the children are still breathing :rolleyes: ,take my handful of night time meds, put on fuzzy socks, grab remote, watch Adult Swim until I fall asleep.

Brush teeth, wash face, take out contacts, put on moisturizer, check on kids, make sure their bathroom light is off, make sure cell phone is on charger and that we have a cordless phone in the bedroom (esp when DH is on call), get kids' clothes out for the next day, sign kids' folders, take nighttime meds, watch a little tv, potty, set the alarm and go to bed ......FINALLY!!!!!

I don't currently have a routine, but I think I will adopt one that includes reading this thread. Reading all your OCD stories has worn me out completely.

1. Check the locks and smoke detector
2. Check on DD
3. Pee
4. Check the bed for ants
5. Get into bed
6. Situate my underwear and make sure I'm not laying on a seam
7. By then I need to pee again, so I get up and repeat numbers 2-6 until DH tells me to settle the #%@$ down
8. Then I read until my book falls out of my hand, unless I Godforbid have to get up and pee again.

I have a long list

1. wash hands
2 go to bathroom
3 wash hands
4. brush teeth
5. wash hands
6. turn out all lights
7 wash hands
8. put lip balm on
9 wash hands
10. go to bedroom
11. turn off light while closing door while running to jump in bed
12. grab hand sanitizer
13. make sure cell phone is on charger next to me
14. make sure laptop is off and plugged in
15. grab and use hand sanitizer again
16. put in retainer
17. i am usually asleep before I can hand sanitize again

No, not sicko, you just have a touch of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Or Anxiety Disorder, or a bit of both. I know because I have both. Millions of people live normal lives with it, and it is no wonder so many of us have it with the crap they feed us on TV and in the news.

You were ok up until you said you get out of bed to check the window locks again. The first check is a little anxiety, the second check is just obsessive.

I knew it!! I could go on and on about my other little obsessions, but I don't want to scare anyone here. Or myself by typing it out for that matter! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter