What are your 2015 graduates studying in college (career path)?

rszdtrvl

DIS Veteran
My son is stuck in community college, because while he may be my special snowflake, his grades in high school have not been so special.

He is looking to go into the sports field somehow, working with sports teams, but not playing the sport. Maybe communications and being a sports commentator, or doing sports analysis. He is thinking of either football or basketball (with basketball being his first choice).

I am curious to know what your children are going to study for - which career path they are looking in to?

My 2014 graduate (which isn't the question, but the close I can get) is studying Music Therapy. She wants to work with children, mostly. She'll also probably do some French Horn performance and/or private teaching on the side.

I have a 2013 graduate. She is majoring in Health Sciences - hope to continue to grad school for Occupational Therapist. I also have a 2014 graduate. He started out doing Sports Management but switched to Business Management.

My son was in 4 yr school and that didn't work out too well (started as Biology and changed to Economics) and is now at Comm College studying Computers (can't recall the actual program name).

DD is studying Nutrition. She started out as Uncommitted Freshman year and figured out what she wanted to actually study while there. Junior coming up. Lots of science which seems to suit her fine. Lots of options for a career afterwards....with internship and/or Masters to follow.

My 2015 HS grad is going in as a english and communications double major with a minor in film studies. She wants to be a screenwriter.

I have a 2016 grad- as of now, she is leaning toward either chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, or biochemistry. She starts a mentorship with a university biochem professor this summer, so it kind of depends on how much she likes her/it whether she stays with biochem.

My 2015 grad is going to pharmacy school. My 2012 graduate changed his mind 4 times before landing on accounting. He'll graduate on time next year and go to grad school.

My 2015 graduate wants to study computer science. He is starting out at the community college. If hr can get into the Marine band then that is what he will do and go to school also. If he goes that way then I don't have to pay.

Business with a minor in sports management. His dream job is to work for Nike or Adidas.

DD will be studying Special Education. She's already spent three summers volunteering as a camp counselor at a camp for girls with special needs and will be back this year, so she thinks she has a good feel for how demanding and draining the job is and how well she copes with that.
She also hoping to fit in a minor in reading education and diagnostics

My daughter is going to a big university for computer science. It is the highest paying major. I'm so happy that means she can take me on a lot of trips to WDW!

My daughter just got her bachelors degrees in political science and international affairs. She is now going into a Phd program with the intention of being a professor. I hadn't realized this but apparently there is sooo much you can do with a political science degree. Also it's a very good time for women in that field apparently. The grad school universities were in a bidding war over her so to speak :)

My DD is planning a major in English Education with an emphasis in Creative Writing. She is minoring in Shakespeare Studies. She plans to teach English on the secondary level, and write for herself in the summers.

My son is majoring in Neuroscience, but he also is considering Electrical Engineering. Because of this, I figure he will end up with a degree in something like Economics, lol. I don't care if he majors in ditch-digging. I just want him on the path to being able to support himself and have a good life and not live paycheck to paycheck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter