What are you reading at the moment?

No :)

The most I've ever had on the go at once is (I think) nine books :)

It drives Jon mad :teeth:

natalielongstaff said:
ive just finished ' a child called it ' by dave pelzer. very sad and moving, definatly do not read in public. what that little boy went through at the hands of his mother is just heart rending

Natalie are you going to read the next 2 books in the series - The Lost Boy and A Man Called Dave? They continue Dave Pelzer's story.

I agree, very very heart rending books. What he went through was shocking, I just couldn't get my head around how a woman could do that to her child.

Miss Mickey Mania said:
Natalie are you going to read the next 2 books in the series - The Lost Boy and A Man Called Dave? They continue Dave Pelzer's story.

I agree, very very heart rending books. What he went through was shocking, I just couldn't get my head around how a woman could do that to her child.

yes i have read them all and in very quick succession, how he pulled himself up from that into the well rounded person he appears to be now is truly inspirational

Just read the Da Vinci code too and found it very absorbing....... so now my next book will probably be another Dan Brown story.

One of my sons chose to do a project on Lance Armstrong for school and read It's Not About the Bike and found his story really inspirational, so I'd like to find time to read that too Shaun.

I really enjoyed the Da Vinci cose,so thanks for the tips about his previous book I'll look for it.

I'm just about to finish reading 'Frankie and Stankie' by Barbara Trapido.It's about 2 girls growing up in South Africa it is absolutely excellent,I'd highly reccomend it.

I've now got another book of hers to read 'Brother Of The Famous Jack'.

I've just ordered 4 books form Amazon,has anyone read them?
The Butcher Boy by Patrick Mccabe
Let Me Go by Helga Scneider
How To Breathe Underwater by Julie Orringer
We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver.

I heard about them on the book review programme on TV then looked at them on Amazon,they sound as if they are all different but excellent.They all have many 5 star customer reccomendations as well :flower:

Just finished the Da Vinci code. i have to say I really enjoyed it, although I wasn't expecting to. It was hard to put down!!!

Angels and Demons next.xxx

Verity

I'm reading a Jeffrey Deaver - Garden of Beasts. This is quite different to his other books, but he has a unique story telling style which makes his books so enjoyable

I also enjoy reading Bill Bryson - love his descriptive, humorous writing.

Tammy

I'm currently reading The Lost World by Micheal Crichton, I just finished Jurassic Park the other day (read it cover to cover in 4 days!) Before that I read The Dinosaur Hunters by Deborah Cadbury and next in line is a book that introduces you to astronomy that Patrick Moore has helped to write. Mum's giving me my dad's old telescope if she can find it so I'm very excited about having a look into the night sky!

My and my housemate are both looking forward to Harry Potter coming out, we've both read the whole series twice through. He's reading the Jonathan Stroud books, he's just finished the first one and really enjoyed it. He's reading "Eragon" now before reading the second Stroud book, it's another fantasy type book but more LOTR than Potter but he recommends it to anyone that's into those types of books.

Boudica.....

page 125 out of nearly 800 and something has just happened.

It's a little like those oranges that are hard to peel, they take you ages to get into them and you hope that they are juicy.

Richard Bruvofetc said:
It's a little like those oranges that are hard to peel, they take you ages to get into them and you hope that they are juicy.

LOL Richard, what a great description! I've read a few books like this.

Just finished 'the bad mothers handbook, a good chick lit light read! Ihad harry potter earmarked for holiday reading but it comes out too late Gill

Just finished reading 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel, not something I would usually go for but I enjoyed it, the story of a boy who survives a shipwreck and is joined on a lifeboat by a hyena, a zebra, an orang-utan and a tiger...

I'm waiting for the new Patricia Cornwell to come out in paperback (25th April) which I will save to read on the plane. :)

I've also pre-ordered Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince and will be at Waterstones at midnight to collect it! It was such a good atmosphere when the last book came out, waiting in the queue with people dressed as wizards etc, and not just kids either ;)

I enjoyed all of Dan Brown's books too. :flower:

Eragon by Christhoper Paolini, vey enjoyable, especially as I love dragons, :sunny: before that His Dark Materials for the second time, and I'm still not sure what it is all about :confused3 . I must try The Da Vinci Code next,as you all recommend it so highly. :cool1:

Hi, also read the Dave Pelzer trilogy, amazingly moving, for light reading am thoroughly enjoying Marian Keyes 'the other side of the story' had some good reading recently with 'around the world in 80 dates' and Ben Eltons Past Mortem but my absolute favourites are anything by colin bateman, christopher brookmyre and carl hiassen - all a bit satirical crime/thriller storylines are totally unputdownable :cool1:

Well, Im probably the only person on the planet who didnt like the Da Vinci Code. I thought the premise was very interesting, but it was badly executed. I found all the characters shallow and uninteresting (with the possible exception of Silas), the dialogue excrutiatingly corny and the flow of action unbelievable.

I have just finished "Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell and this was EXCELLENT. Actually one of the best books I have ever read. I rarely re-read books (to anxious to get onto the next one!!) but will definately read that again. An exceptional read, highly recommended!

On the go at the moment I have "The Promise Of Happiness" by Justin Cartwright which is also proving to be a good read.

Still reading Lord Of The Rings (but Ive had this on the so since last summer!) and just finished a couple of short books..."Light on snow" by Anita Shrive which was well written but quite tragic and "The Bad Mothers Handbook" which I didnt really enjoy.

Have never read one Harry Potter (waiting till the kids are old enough and then we can read them together!).

~Piglet~ said:
I'm waiting for the new Patricia Cornwell to come out in paperback (25th April) which I will save to read on the plane. :)

:flower:

I like Patricia Cornwell too :) If you are a fan you might like the Karen Slaughter books as well. :flower:

verity.xxx

OK, you've all persuaded me, today I went out at lunchtime and bought The da Vinci Code....watch this space :earsgirl:

I'm reading "We were the Mulvaneys" by Joyce Carol Oates- I discovered her just after Christmas and have really enjoyed two of her books so far....this one is supposed to be Oprah Winfreys book of the year or something...

My fave writer is Anita Shreve- love everything she has written, try The Pilots Wife- you won't put it down!!

Cyrano said:
Only just started reading Disney War which arrived yesterday from www.amazon.com

Reid

I'm about half way through this one too. Thought it would be a rather dry read, but how wrong I was, I'm really enjoying it, though I do need to keep going back a few pages to see who was being spoken about. Hopefully it will spur me on to read the loads of other Disney books I've collected.

Disneydes have you tried team rodent by carl hiassen about the way in which disney bought the land in florida from unsuspecting locals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter