What are you preparing for?

lilouisianagal

Mouseketeer
Just curious. What is your next race that you are training for? What are your goals for that race?

I'm getting ready for Race for the Cure 5K that my Christian Student Center campus group is running/walking in. It will be March 11. My goal is to be able to jog the whole course and get a time of 35min or better (30 would be really nice).

So how 'bout you?

Well, I have registered for three half-marathons....April 1st in Columbus OH (with Liz and Lily and ohmom and my DS who is a freshman at OSU), the Chicago Distance Classic Aug 1st with a host of Dis'ers and DH, and the inaugural Disneyland half, again with a host of Dis'ers and DH. I am undecided about WDW in January. It is a VERY busy time of year for my job and I hesitate to ask my boss for it off again. But, if I do get time off I am seriously considering going for the Mickey medal, which is truly nuts since I am a walker!

I actually am a complete beginner and I am working towards training for the Race for the Taste 10k in October at WDW. I figure 8 months will give me plenty of time to get up to 6 miles. I just started preparing yesterday and I walked 1.5 miles in a little over 20 minutes and then this morning I walked a mile in 18 minutes. I am starting off slow with walking and then will add jogging/running in as I progress. Don't want to do too much too fast.

DH and I are going to do the BUNNY RUN 5K on April 15th (i think that's the date) I'm hoping we can do it somewhere around the 34-36 minute time frame.

I'm preparing for a half marathon from Georgetown to Idaho Springs (in Colorado) in mid August, then the full marathon at WDW. I'm a walker too. :teeth:

At the moment I'm not officially training for anything yet - but I just had to share the answer a guy gave a friend and I once when we asked him this question on a training run - he said 'tomorrow'. We asked him 'what race is tomorrow' and he said 'no race, I just train for tomorrow' - just thought that was a really cool answer.

I love that answer...."I train for tomorrow". Sounds like my new catch phrase ;). Thanks for sharing it!

As for what I'm training for officially, my very first EVER race is a 5K on April 22nd. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do the DL half but just can't squeeze that into my schedule :(. I am definitely doing the WDW Full marathon in January. I'd like to find a race somewhere in between....early fall. But I haven't found one yet. I'd prefer a half marathon as part of my training for the Full. But we'll see what i come up with :teeth: .

The Run to Remember in Boston March 12. It is a 1/2 Marathon and I am hoping to just finish with all my knee trouble it will be more of a wog than anything.

Right now the only one I am registered for is the 1/2 in Columbus Ohio on April 1st. I'm working on more, will see what I can schedule...

Training for tomorrow! I like that! Fits me perfectly! Yep, that's what I'm doing! Maybe once my knees are fixed I can actually train for something specific, but for now, tomorrow is good! :cool1:

The next big race I'm training for is the Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon in Cincinnati on May 7th, and after that, the WDW Full Marathon on January 7th. I'm sure I'll do a ton of 5k's and 10k's this spring, summer, and fall. My goal for the Flying Pig is to finish and I'd like to beat my Disney Half time, 2:41. That goal might not be completely attainable as Cincinnati is very hilly and the Disney course was flat, so that will affect my time a little bit. We'll see what happens!!

By the way, I love the training for tomorrow philosophy!!

I am training for Webster Danskin Tri and I am also training for 2.4 mile open ocean swim called "Peaks to Portland."

I want to do another Tri this Summer. Maybe the Danskin in NY.

pregnancy

LOL!

Siggy says Minnie but I quit training for that long ago. I am doing the right thing and not doing it at all. I had the notion of a quicky training but it would be dumb and foolish to attempt that. My knee needed the break after all the hard work it did post surgery to get me ship shape for Disney in time. It now feels awesome. I'm up to doing lunges even though there the leg is still a tad noticably weaker than the other leg.

Disneyland is next on the agenda if pregnancy doens't occur first. This is contigent on me being able to buy an airline ticket and pay my hotel room. :)
I'm booked...just had some trips recently that ate into my new hard earned money from my job.

I'd like to do San Fran NIKE Marathon in 2007 or 2008. My final attempt at WDW will be for a Goofy in 2008 or 2009 and no more for me on that course. I'm not particularly fond of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter