What are you getting your Valentine?

GoldieSaysMeep

DIS Veteran
Just curious...

If you are celebrating Valentine's day, what are you getting for your SO (or whoever you are giving a Valentine to) ?

:love: :goodvibes :love:

I got my BF a video game I know he wants and the game will be hidden at the bottom of a bag full of candy.

I'm also making up a little "menu" to give him the day before. I always cook for us, and he always talks about how much he loves my cooking so I am making up a menu of choices for entrees, appetizers, side dishes, desserts, and beverages and each one will "cost" a hug or a kiss or a backrub or some other such Valentine's themed "price" & having him decide what he wants. Then I'll make us dinner.

After dinner, I'm planning a movie night at home w/ a DVD of a movie I know he hasn't seen in a long time and is dying to see again. When we finish watching it, I'm giving him the DVD as well (but I don't want him to know what we'll be watching until I hit "play" on the DVD. ;) So the case will be hidden before then.

He already knows he'll be getting a menu ;) and that there will be a "special movie event" heehee. But he has no idea what will be on the menu, or what the movie is.... :goodvibes

I bought my wife the entire Deadwood series on DVD ... yes, she will like much better than candy, flowers, or perfume. She is so cool! :goodvibes

My SO stays at my home free for most of the week, he's getting a card esp when I know I wont be getting much if anything.

A card and some chocolate like every year. We don't get much for Valentine's Day.

I bought my husband a video game he's been wanting. Thanks to the OP for a creative way of giving it to him.:goodvibes

I bought my wife the entire Deadwood series on DVD ... yes, she will like much better than candy, flowers, or perfume. She is so cool! :goodvibes

I have the worst crush on Doc:love:, don't tell my DH.:rolleyes1

GF and I are going to Disneyland and on the 17th going to a black tie dinner and show at California Adventure, we are spliting the costs and calling it our present to each other. Yea she'll get some flowers and a card as well I am sure.

DH & I don't really do anything for Valentine's Day. We sometimes rent a cabin for the weekend or get couples massages, but we're not doing anything this year.

He does, however, buy for DD8 on that day. Each year she gets a rose to signify the grade that she's in. (ex. 1 rose in 1st grade, 2 in 2nd grade...) This way, she'll receive a dozen roses her senior year of high school. He also gets her a balloon and a box of chocolates.

DH & I don't really do anything for Valentine's Day. We sometimes rent a cabin for the weekend or get couples massages, but we're not doing anything this year.

He does, however, buy for DD8 on that day. Each year she gets a rose to signify the grade that she's in. (ex. 1 rose in 1st grade, 2 in 2nd grade...) This way, she'll receive a dozen roses her senior year of high school. He also gets her a balloon and a box of chocolates.

Awww, what a nice Dad!!

I ordered dh a gift basket from Harry & David but it came already so I had to give it to him. I had planned getting him his favorite wine and making him a CD of classic 70's love songs to put in it so I'll just give him those things on Valentine's day.

That is so sweet. :goodvibes

An actual date!!:rotfl2:

If I can get everything squared away and the kids off to their aunt's house, we'll be having a night together in a nice hotel in Atlanta and having dinner at Ruth's Chris!! (Hoping to take him completely by surprise. . .he was really sweet on our anniversary this year, so I want to reciprocate!)

DH is getting a box of candy and Season 6 of Rockford Files (his favorite)

DS and DDIL are getting gift cards to a restaurant

DD is getting candy and a ring

My mother's birthday is on Valentine's Day, so it was always special in my family

T-Mobile G1. He's being eyeing it and talking about it forever so it seemed like the way to go.

An actual date!!:rotfl2:

If I can get everything squared away and the kids off to their aunt's house, we'll be having a night together in a nice hotel in Atlanta and having dinner at Ruth's Chris!! (Hoping to take him completely by surprise. . .he was really sweet on our anniversary this year, so I want to reciprocate!)

Great minds think alike. DH and I are spending the weekend in Atlanta at the Westin Peachtree. Hopefully, we can get in at the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner.

We don't have children, but I am giving to my cousin's children, just some lollipops with a $5 bill wrapped around the stick, so they can get what they want.

So far, I have fixeed up a little baggie of some of DH's favortie candies and a card. He aksed me about flower last night, but I told him I owuld rather have something I can enjoy all year, like another Vera Bradley bag :upsidedow

Suzanne

A weekend at the Celebration Hotel with a (their special) dinner. We celebrate the 13th instead of the 14th, and this year the 13th is on Friday, so that is an even nicer bonus. :thumbsup2

It's a surprise for her, so don't tell, ok? :teeth:

Estes Park, Colorado for the weekend! It's for both of us though.

I'm dreaming of the snow covered mountains right now.:love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter