• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you getting your TEEN DD's THis Christmas 2013 thread

I haven't got a list from DD14 yet but paln to do that within the next week. However from finding out about them from this group I did get her each of the ELF Disney Villian Makeup Sets and the Nail Polish set. My mom will give her two and we will give her the other two.

Keep the ideas coming!!!

I have gotten DD13 3 pair of character Chuck Taylor Converse shoes, roller derby speed skates, a 24 pack of multi-colored jumbo eye pencils and have ordered her several pieces of that cheap jewelry posted in the other thread about cheap xmas stocking stuffers. That just about uses up her $350 christmas budget. I will get her some other cheap things closer to.Christmas like make up and underwear.

Re; Wreck this journal. read about here last year did not get it. Saw them for $3 in a clearance bin at books a million. Flipped thru it. Looks cute got one for both daughters. I assume $3 is a good price. It looked like there is a new one out this year.

Thank you for posting your DD's list! It reminded me that my DD has been asking for that wet/dry hair straightener! She didn't put it on her list but I know she wants it.

We have that same straightener and it fried DD's hair. Our hairdresser asked what do you do? She said they are really bad for the hair. So I got her another one and I used it, fried mine too but not as bad. They had Chi for $69 and other great brands at Marshalls for $29.99.

Re; Wreck this journal. read about here last year did not get it. Saw them for $3 in a clearance bin at books a million. Flipped thru it. Looks cute got one for both daughters. I assume $3 is a good price. It looked like there is a new one out this year.

I checked on Amazon and they have it for $12 ish. I think the new ones have different covers but content is the same from what I read in the reviews.

Yes, exactly that! However, I'm going to attempt 12 wrapped boxes thus time though :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

This is a great idea and one my kids would love as well. Spending more time together is better than any other gift I can think of:) How about a picnic, manis & pedis, invite friends for a sleepover - there are so many possibilities!

I haven't got a list from DD14 yet but paln to do that within the next week. However from finding out about them from this group I did get her each of the ELF Disney Villian Makeup Sets and the Nail Polish set. My mom will give her two and we will give her the other two.

Keep the ideas coming!!!

which sets did you get? my walgreens had nail polish sets (2 different tubs) and 2 sets of false eyelashes....are there other sets?

Just ordered DD13 tickets to see Les Miserables in March. :goodvibes
I also ordered her a professional makeup brush set from a Groupon deal. Not sure what else she'll be getting besides for the yearly underwear & socks. :lmao:

I just want to Thank Everyone who has posted here! I've gotten some great ideas,really LOVING the wallet filled with gift cards ideas. My 2 DD's aged 14 & 16,asked for gift cards. DD 16 also asked for a Chi iron, but that's all they asked for. I know I should be happy,but I told them you ask for stuff all year that you don't get( they just ask,ask,ask,like we should buy it because they want!) I did pick up a $25 Hello Kitty Samsung 3 phone case at CVS,marked down to $6.00! DD 14 will get that.

Great ideas!!!

I have two teenaged DDs, and this thread is going to help me a LOT!!!

One unique thing I'm getting my girls is our old home movies on DVD. They are currently on VHS tapes, and we haven't had a VCR for probably 7 years or more. They often remark how they wish they could watch them.

I loved this thread too!
Christmas is different for us this year because our big gift is our December trip (we come home on the 23rd). I will still get the kids things, but spend way less than I usually do.
So I am kind of stumped. There was a really good sale at Aeropostale a little while ago and I got dd16 some leggings and long sleeve shirts. She's not into any clothes with logos, but these we plain pieces. The only things she has asked for are clothes, make up and gift cards.
I picked up a $20 Starbucks card.. she loves her Tazo tea:thumbsup2.

I am used to spoiling the kids for Christmas because we really don't buy wants throughout the year. It's a challenge for me to keep the budget at a third of what it usually is. Don't get me wrong.. they would never dare complain, and they are soooo excited for the trip, but *I* am the one having a hard time not buying all kinds of gifts.

Why don't you buy them things that relate to your trip, for instance, Disney gift cards or just give them Visa gift cards or something that they could use there? There are Starbucks there too, so the gift card for that would be great! Just wrap them in bigger boxes and make them work to get it open (multiple boxes, wrappings) sometimes I will wrap silly gifts, and my daughter wraps a can of clams for her brother every year, it's been a tradition for them! I love surprising my kids at Christmas, and although we're not going to Disney for another 2 years, I always have a Disney themed gift to give them! What a great gift in itself, your trip to Disney, I'm excited for you!! :banana:

My DD14 loves Anime so I know I'll be looking for something that she'll like in that. There is a Character World Store in the Mall of Georgia that usually has anime things. I need to take her in there to tell me if there is anything she wants from there.

She loves Hot Topic and certain bands so I'll be looking for a sweatshirt or t-shirt for her from there. They often have buy 1, get 1 50% off sales too.

Other than that, I have no ideas this year.

For her stocking I have already gotten her a Dr. Who Sonic Screwdriver - she loves Dr. Who. And I'm planning on adding nail polish, itunes gift card, a fun pair of holiday socks.

I also add a movie to the stocking - usually something I would never watch but that she wanted to see. Last year was Mean Girls. She has watched it tons of times this year so I know she like it.

I need to look over this thread for some other ideas.

My DD14 loves Anime so I know I'll be looking for something that she'll like in that. There is a Character World Store in the Mall of Georgia that usually has anime things. I need to take her in there to tell me if there is anything she wants from there.

She loves Hot Topic and certain bands so I'll be looking for a sweatshirt or t-shirt for her from there. They often have buy 1, get 1 50% off sales too.

Other than that, I have no ideas this year.

For her stocking I have already gotten her a Dr. Who Sonic Screwdriver - she loves Dr. Who. And I'm planning on adding nail polish, itunes gift card, a fun pair of holiday socks.

I also add a movie to the stocking - usually something I would never watch but that she wanted to see. Last year was Mean Girls. She has watched it tons of times this year so I know she like it.

I need to look over this thread for some other ideas.

Our kids would get along! :thumbsup2 My DD likes the same things. (FYI Hot Topic is having their buy one get one half off sale now. But they seem to always have that promo lol) I just had DD update her Xmas list and this is what she has on it:

Loki lifesize standup poster
Iron Man 3 DVD
Loki's Cosmic cube escape Lego
World of warcraft battle chest
Lord of the rings Ring
Thor: The trials of Loki graphic novel
Journey into Mystery graphic novels
Supernatural POP vinyl figures
Iron Man XL11 armor action figure
itunes gift card
Hot Topic gift card
Wet/dry hair flat iron

I know she wants some more band tees and tees from the shows she loves like Supernatural. Also, she likes this Anime books called Black Butler & I noticed our FYE & Hot Topic stores sell some merchandise from that, so I'll get some of that stuff too. She can use an iHome docking station for her phone. They have them onsale at Kohl's this week. Also that Loki standup thing is 25% off online so I'm just going to order it now.

It's a really small, inexspensive list considering that I'm not the only one buying these things. Family members will be buying some stuff too. But, I am grateful it's not a long list because her Sweet 16 party is a month after Xmas and that's costing me an arm and a leg! ;):lmao:

I have been struggling too but we decided a disney trip!! Everything will be trip related like custom shirts, personalized ears, pins to trade, autograph books, etc. her only gift is an electric scooter!! Also to be used at the fort :) im so excited!!!

scottmel said:
Hi there. We had this thread last year and I LOVED IT. I got a lot of ideas from it! Hoping to rekindle the ideas for this year.

My DD14 ran a very successful dog business this summer and ebay business and earned over $1500. Heck I should be in that business! LOL. As a result she used her hard earned money to buy BEATS, Ed Sheeran custom guitar and a laptop. Good for her I said ! We are proud of her. However Christmas is going to be a bit of stumper this year.

Looking forward to great replies on ideas for the holidays this year!

The only thing DD16 has asked for is monsters university on DVD. She'll get that, of course. I also had her make a video game wish list on Amazon. We can't afford a trip in 2014 (gotta reroof DH's workshop), so i'm trying to make Christmas extra special. I've bought her a kindle fire, and we'll also buy her the mineral makeup she uses, and some clothes. She needs new jeans.

Thanks for the tip. just signed up! I am looking for a keyboard for her. The one she had years ago was 61 key. Costco has a 76 key and 88 key but boy that 88 key is double the price for 12 more keys. Think the 88 key is necessary or 76 ok? she outgrew her 61 key and tired of piano and moved full swing into guitars. I sort of hesitate to buy an 88 key as not sure her interest is fully there yet but 71 key I could handle. Yet I don't want something that doesn't fit the bill so not sure on the 71 size...Thoughts?

I know there are songs that DD couldn't play on her 61-key. An 88 key would mean you'd never run into that problem. So, the 76 is a step up, though she may want to play something that she's not able to, because the note simply isn't there. Also, weighted keys were a "must have" for my DD.

DD has this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/casio-cdp-120-digital-piano

We got it on / around Black Friday last year with a nice stand and bench for $400. She is in a band that plays at local restaurants / fests so we transport it around a lot and it has held up well. It's even been (lightly) rained on a few times during some outdoor gigs this summer. Also, other members of her band play piano (she is mainly the singer...only does guitar or piano on a few songs) and practices are always at our house, so she is not the only one using it. Basically, it gets a lot of use!

Oh, wow! I just hopped onto Costco.com to see if I could see the 76 key you were possibly looking at and found this....

http://www.costco.com/Casio-CDP220-88-Key-Keyboard-Bundle.product.100058113.html

Seems like a great deal and very similar to what we have. If you were looking at the $299 76 key, this is only $50 more for an 88.

She is more into her guitar, too at this point, but seems to go back and forth.

Good luck!

I know there are songs that DD couldn't play on her 61-key. An 88 key would mean you'd never run into that problem. So, the 76 is a step up, though she may want to play something that she's not able to, because the note simply isn't there. Also, weighted keys were a "must have" for my DD.

DD has this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/casio-cdp-120-digital-piano

We got it on / around Black Friday last year with a nice stand and bench for $400. She is in a band that plays at local restaurants / fests so we transport it around a lot and it has held up well. It's even been (lightly) rained on a few times during some outdoor gigs this summer. Also, other members of her band play piano (she is mainly the singer...only does guitar or piano on a few songs) and practices are always at our house, so she is not the only one using it. Basically, it gets a lot of use!

Oh, wow! I just hopped onto Costco.com to see if I could see the 76 key you were possibly looking at and found this....

http://www.costco.com/Casio-CDP220-88-Key-Keyboard-Bundle.product.100058113.html

Seems like a great deal and very similar to what we have. If you were looking at the $299 76 key, this is only $50 more for an 88.

She is more into her guitar, too at this point, but seems to go back and forth.

Good luck!

WOW!!! THanks for the Costco link! I had looked at that at 450 and it was just too much for something I wasn't sure she HAD HAD to have. But it is on sale per your link!! thanks!!!! the one that is less is at the warehouse for 249 wonder if this is there too on sale? Going to check today. THANKS!!!

May I ask all of you Disser's a favor? I want to get my DD an ITunes card, which seems some of you on this thread are going to purchase for your teens. When somebody sees a deal can you post it on this thread? I know several weeks ago someone posted that Staples (I think?) had a $50.00 card for $40.00 - I would love a deal like that! But I am afraid I will miss it! But I NEVER miss checking the DIS everyday! :) TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter