• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you getting your TEEN DD's THis Christmas 2013 thread

Our DDs seem a lot alike! Music lovers! Mine has 2 guitars she loves and is very good at piano but due to space constaints she sold her older keyboard last year and now wants a full sized one back. Might do that...Wish Imagine Dragons were coming here! That would be a great gift!!!
:thumbsup2 If you don't already, make sure you get the deal of the day emails from MusiciansFriend.com. That's how we buy a lot of instruments and gear for her. Got a good deal on her full size digital piano that way.

Anyone ever buy a bracelet from recycled guitar strings? They are sold various spots on the internet and thought this could be an interesting gift for DD14....not sure which one to get..

Looks cool! You're right, lots of styles to choose from. I wonder how hard these are to make. Might look into it and buy her supplies to make her own! DD has a pick holder necklace that she wears nearly every day. Changes out the pick to match her outfit!

:thumbsup2 If you don't already, make sure you get the deal of the day emails from MusiciansFriend.com. That's how we buy a lot of instruments and gear for her. Got a good deal on her full size digital piano that way.

Thanks for the tip. just signed up! I am looking for a keyboard for her. The one she had years ago was 61 key. Costco has a 76 key and 88 key but boy that 88 key is double the price for 12 more keys. Think the 88 key is necessary or 76 ok? she outgrew her 61 key and tired of piano and moved full swing into guitars. I sort of hesitate to buy an 88 key as not sure her interest is fully there yet but 71 key I could handle. Yet I don't want something that doesn't fit the bill so not sure on the 71 size...Thoughts?

DD turns 13 on Christmas Day! We celebrate her birthday the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So for her birthday she will be getting her first Disney Dooney & Bourke! DH and I did a couples only trip in September and went to 5 stores before finding the perfect placement for her!

For Christmas she will be getting the Iphone5c, the matching Disney Dooney & Bourke phone case, sno cone machine & accs, and a few smaller things.

well crap.... I didn't go look at delias until today and my dd has found a bunch of stuff she likes. Do you think they might do the bogo again?

well crap.... I didn't go look at delias until today and my dd has found a bunch of stuff she likes. Do you think they might do the bogo again?

They frequently have really good sales/deals. Sign up for the catalog and emails.

18 yr old is getting a new car! and luggage.

16 yr old has asked for MAC brushes, One Direction perfume, Too Faced mascara, NARS blush, Sephora favorites kits, gift cards to Chipotle, Ulta, Forever 21, and gas station. She is getting her sister's old car too!

My 13 year old wants boots (short and tall), makeup (she likes the good stuff), jewelry and clothes. The 3 kids together are getting Disney Infinity as a group gift. She really wants an iphone but I told her we're waiting on that. :)

Someone upthread mentioned a snow cone machine. I can't believe I didn't think of that before. My dd16 eats popsicles and slushies more than anyone I have ever seen. She'd LOVE a snow cone machine. I don't want to spend too much on it. Does anyone know of a decent and not too pricey one?

Wanted to thank the OP for starting this thread and for everyone who has contributed.

My DD is 15 and here is what she is asking for (she won't get everything):
new Katrina booty shorts (she is a dancer and wears them year round).
Freecity sweatpants
Miley Cyrus tickets
SLR camera
blue tooth speaker for her room
a few blu rays (monsters U, princess bride, Despicible me 2)
some designer viynl collectibles
an infinity scarf (or 2)
a few video games (marvel lego, disney infiinty)
a new record player
a few records from some of her favorite artists
sims 3 expansion packs
muppets season 1 on dvd
a few sweaters from urban outfitters
clothes from Brandi Melville

she won't be getting event a 1/4 of this but she will get a good amount from us, and various family members.

Another fun gift I am going to do for DD 13th birthday ( week before Christmas ) that some of you out might like as Christmas gifts is a years worth of gifts. In January I got married and gave my husband a box full of dates for a year! We were having a disney family moon and January's date was the Segway tour at Epcot, luckily we had friends also vacationing and they took our kids for a couple nights, so we could have a "real" honeymoon.... Hence our disney souvenir who is 4 days past due. :P This got me thinking, if I could do a year full of dates for my husband, then why not do it for my daughter!!!! She is turning 13 and I think it will be a good way to get she and I some alone time after new baby, alone time with dad, and some family ones thrown in! Actually, I'll take any ideas you have :) I hope this helps someone else! Some ideas I have so far are : ( none set in stone as far as months, expect he January one, as that is when we will be in wdw)

January - lunch with mommy and an imagineer ( already booked this months ago, and was planing on giving it to her, so this worked perfect!)

February: $ 5 gift card to dunkin donuts for hot chocolate and a donut with family member of her choice ( inexpensive but something she loves to do)

March: family date night, her choice! She gets to pick the dinner, desert, movie and game that night! My son will hate this, which will make her love it that much more!

April: I got nothing yet....( my husband wants to come up with some ideas)

May: envelope or wallet filled with $ for a shopping day with mommy! This one will be a bigger amount, and considered her "big" gift. The beauty of these dates is not knowing what they are until each month arrives!

June: mommy- daughter slumber party! Baby will be old enough to hang with dad and big bro for a night while she and I lock ourselves in her room with pizza, movies ( or golden girls DVD box set, I'm so serious that she loves it and watches it not he weekends! She's an old soul!) Im planning on putting this one in a box with redbox voucher (that I'll make) , nail polish, pop corn bag, gift card to our local pizza place, and some candy?

July- gift card too up local fro-yo place . She is obsessed with fro-yo!

After that I have nothing. Well I have some ideas, but nothing written in stone. I know DH wants to do a Starbucks gift card and go for coffee with her ( I told you, she's an old soul), and he may want to do a movie theatre night with her, and I may throw in a gift card for somewhere she and her BFF can go?

I'm going to couple this with the awesome deal I got on Delia's stuff last night ( thank you diser!) , and let her have a pizza party and sleepover and that should cover the bday! Which still leaves Christmas loolol loolol! However I did buy that disney villain elf makeup thanks to another diser!

Sorry I'm rambling, 4 days past due date and baby brain has fully taken over! Keep the ideas coming, I've been enjoying this thread and seeing what others kids like!

Can you explain this more? u mean eachmonth is a sealed envelope that you can't open until themonth it is due? do u put 12 envelopes in a box?

Can you explain this more? u mean eachmonth is a sealed envelope that you can't open until themonth it is due? do u put 12 envelopes in a box?

Yes, exactly that! However, I'm going to attempt 12 wrapped boxes thus time though :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I got a deal at Walgreens on Sally Hansen Insta Gel strips. There is a coupon in their monthly coupon book for $5 off of them. At my Walgreens, there are some of the gel strips clearanced out for $7.50, so with the coupon, they are only $2.50. I bought 2 boxes today and may go back for more. I think they require a starter kit which is on sale this month at Walgreens for $19.99, but it still seems like a pretty good deal for girls who like to do their nails.

I also wanted to give credit for where I found this offer. It's from www.hip2save.com - I would have never noticed it on my own.

I got a deal at Walgreens on Sally Hansen Insta Gel strips. There is a coupon in their monthly coupon book for $5 off of them. At my Walgreens, there are some of the gel strips clearanced out for $7.50, so with the coupon, they are only $2.50. I bought 2 boxes today and may go back for more. I think they require a starter kit which is on sale this month at Walgreens for $19.99, but it still seems like a pretty good deal for girls who like to do their nails.

I also wanted to give credit for where I found this offer. It's from www.hip2save.com - I would have never noticed it on my own.

Is this the thing with the uv light? Gel nails? I'm looking into this. I saw the starter kit for $50 on Amazon but I know that Walgreens has coupons and deals on it occasionally.

Is this the thing with the uv light? Gel nails? I'm looking into this. I saw the starter kit for $50 on Amazon but I know that Walgreens has coupons and deals on it occasionally.

Here's the link from Walgreen's website:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/sa...arter-kit/ID=prod6145143-product#BVRRWidgetID

I see it gets pretty mixed reviews on Walgreens and on Amazon. Amazon has it for $15 with free prime shipping if you have that.

I think I'll go ahead and get one of the starter kits along with the couple of boxes of strips I got and give those to my DD. Even if she doesn't use them a ton, I think she'd still get some use out of them.

DD (15 on Sunday) asked or the following:
North face Hoodie
Dvd's (Warm bodies, Rock of Ages, Here Comes the Boom)
CD's (Miley Cyrus, The Band Perry, Great Gatsby Soundtrack, Jason Aldean, Lourdes)
T shirts from a local sporting goods/hunting supply store
Costa shirt and visor
Nike style softball shorts and shirts
Juicy, Ed Hardy or Taylor Swift perfume
Bath and Bodyworks shower gel, lotion and spray
New hair straightener (Remington wet 2 dry 2 inch)
Lifeproof case for her iPhone 4S
Beats headphones (probably won't get since DH is opposed)
Adidas slides for softball
Black suede like slouchy boots with a low heel
Monogram necklace
Makeup
Basic jewelry like hoop earrings
Toms (black classic style)
Infinity scarf
Books-a huge list, of which I will buy many. I'm a teacher so books are always a given if they are on the list
Clothes-jeans, shirts, undies and socks (She loves Forever 21)
Nerf N strike centurion gun that shoots from 100 feet away
Skyrim Expansion pack GOTY edition for PS3

Between Mom/Dad, family and Santa, she will get most of her list since we don't buy much throughout the year. I also buy stocking stuffers that are crammed full of lip gloss, nail polish, pocky sticks, gym, and other random stuff.

We also bought both girls (10 yr old DD) together a BB rifle, a badmitten set, and each gets pajamas on Christmas Eve. I love the idea of experience gifts such as trips, zoo memberships, a day as a dolphin trainer, etc. it's almost to the point that neither one needs anything, at least until younger DD is responsible enough for a smart phone or Older DD needs a laptop for college.

DD (15 on Sunday) asked or the following: North face Hoodie Dvd's (Warm bodies, Rock of Ages, Here Comes the Boom) CD's (Miley Cyrus, The Band Perry, Great Gatsby Soundtrack, Jason Aldean, Lourdes) T shirts from a local sporting goods/hunting supply store Costa shirt and visor Nike style softball shorts and shirts Juicy, Ed Hardy or Taylor Swift perfume Bath and Bodyworks shower gel, lotion and spray New hair straightener (Remington wet 2 dry 2 inch) Lifeproof case for her iPhone 4S Beats headphones (probably won't get since DH is opposed) Adidas slides for softball Black suede like slouchy boots with a low heel Monogram necklace Makeup Basic jewelry like hoop earrings Toms (black classic style) Infinity scarf Books-a huge list, of which I will buy many. I'm a teacher so books are always a given if they are on the list Clothes-jeans, shirts, undies and socks (She loves Forever 21) Nerf N strike centurion gun that shoots from 100 feet away Skyrim Expansion pack GOTY edition for PS3 Between Mom/Dad, family and Santa, she will get most of her list since we don't buy much throughout the year. I also buy stocking stuffers that are crammed full of lip gloss, nail polish, pocky sticks, gym, and other random stuff. We also bought both girls (10 yr old DD) together a BB rifle, a badmitten set, and each gets pajamas on Christmas Eve. I love the idea of experience gifts such as trips, zoo memberships, a day as a dolphin trainer, etc. it's almost to the point that neither one needs anything, at least until younger DD is responsible enough for a smart phone or Older DD needs a laptop for college.

Thank you for posting your DD's list! It reminded me that my DD has been asking for that wet/dry hair straightener! She didn't put it on her list but I know she wants it.

DD (15 on Sunday) asked or the following:
North face Hoodie
Dvd's (Warm bodies, Rock of Ages, Here Comes the Boom)
CD's (Miley Cyrus, The Band Perry, Great Gatsby Soundtrack, Jason Aldean, Lourdes)
T shirts from a local sporting goods/hunting supply store
Costa shirt and visor
Nike style softball shorts and shirts
Juicy, Ed Hardy or Taylor Swift perfume
Bath and Bodyworks shower gel, lotion and spray
New hair straightener (Remington wet 2 dry 2 inch)
Adidas slides for softball
Black suede like slouchy boots with a low heel
Monogram necklace
Makeup
Basic jewelry like hoop earrings
Toms (black classic style)
Infinity scarf
Books-a huge list, of which I will buy many. I'm a teacher so books are always a given if they are on the list
Clothes-jeans, shirts, undies and socks (She loves Forever 21)
Nerf N strike centurion gun that shoots from 100 feet away
Skyrim Expansion pack GOTY edition for PS3

Between Mom/Dad, family and Santa, she will get most of her list since we don't buy much throughout the year. I also buy stocking stuffers that are crammed full of lip gloss, nail polish, pocky sticks, gym, and other random stuff.

We also bought both girls (10 yr old DD) together a BB rifle, a badmitten set, and each gets pajamas on Christmas Eve. I love the idea of experience gifts such as trips, zoo memberships, a day as a dolphin trainer, etc. it's almost to the point that neither one needs anything, at least until younger DD is responsible enough for a smart phone or Older DD needs a laptop for college.

the Beats are so much better for their hearing than those little disk type ear buds...maybe tell DH that.

dry 2 inch)
My DD wants both of those too. She'll get the Lifeproof but not Beats. They are too expensive! BTW, make sure you get the Lifeproof from a legitimate source or it might not be waterproof :faint:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter