What are you getting your TEEN DD's THis Christmas 2013 thread

Oh, and I forgot:

a new wallet with gift cards planning on:

Starbucks
some kind of fast food
theater
restaurant close to the theater
and a Visa GF for clothes or whatever at the after Christmas sales.

Uggg, DD keeps telling me "all I want is...." and keep changing what it is she wants! First it was Demi Lovato tickets, which I was all set to get her 2, until she told me she wants floor seats. Not going to happen. Then all she wanted was a new North Face, which is fine, but she also wants a letter jacket and I really don't want to spend that much on 2 jackets.

I had planned on getting her a new laptop to use now and to take to college in the fall and some odds and ends to take to school with her. New winter boots since she will be walking in the snow more and take kind of thing. She also likes Too Faced make-up and I was going to get her more of that, but at this point who knows. She also knows I am no longer working so that is an issue too.

My DD is off to college in the fall as well, and she definitely needs a new laptop, but I told her that we need to wait to see about the laptop because what laptop she needs may vary by the college she ends up going to. One of the colleges she's considering requires a very specific laptop that costs about $1500 but they sell it at the bookstore and it comes loaded with certain software that is required. So I'm not buying a laptop for Christmas for her because of that. I thought it might be worth mentioning to you as well because it would be awful to buy one now and then find out you need to buy anotehr new one in August.

We're probably getting our DD, 16, a mac as her big gift, one or two hockey jerseys from her "guys" (we're HUGE hockey fans) & we're buying her place ticket to CA to visit friends in April. Stocking is always field hockey balls & socks and VS Pink stuff. Her field hockey team also sells gift cards as a fundraiser so that finishes out her stocking (and everyone else's gifts!) Not exactly budget stuff, but she's an only so we like to splurge at Christmas.

Oh, and I forgot:

Starbucks
some kind of fast food
theater

What kind of wallet are you getting? DD could use a wallet or a wristlet, and it would be a fun way to give the gift cards, but I want to give her one that she would think is cool, but I don't want to ask her. I won't have a lot of surprises for her as it is.

Here's the potential list of items for my dd16.

Just Dance 2014
Guitar Pic punch
Towel wrap for hair
Headphones
Guitar music
Disney sterling silver individuality beads from Kohls
Disney Infinity (for her and her brother)
Taylor Swift Keds
Extreme Dot to Dot books (she loves these!)

Love the idea of the Bluetooth shower radio that someone mentioned. Gonna add that to the list. Anyone recommendations on brand?? I'd love to get a Bose one but I couldn't find one that is waterproof for the shower.

My DD is off to college in the fall as well, and she definitely needs a new laptop, but I told her that we need to wait to see about the laptop because what laptop she needs may vary by the college she ends up going to. One of the colleges she's considering requires a very specific laptop that costs about $1500 but they sell it at the bookstore and it comes loaded with certain software that is required. So I'm not buying a laptop for Christmas for her because of that. I thought it might be worth mentioning to you as well because it would be awful to buy one now and then find out you need to buy anotehr new one in August.

She has already been accepted at her #1 choice, so we are set there. Her DB did need a special computer for his major, but she won't so we are looking for something cheaper than we got for him (he needed a mac book).

We're paying for summer camps: football skills camp at U of Michigan for DS15 and marine biology camp at Texas A&M Galveston for DD12. Neither of them want anything - they work for my FIL over the summer and tend to be able to afford many of their "wants" on their own, plus we have extended family that goes a bit overboard with the holiday giving - so we decided to go with "experience" gifts this year.

Under the tree, DS will probably have an Xbox game or DVD. DD is getting a signed copy of the last book in the Divergent series. They'll also get a small gift card and some special toiletry items in their stockings, and our Christmas Eve tradition of a new pair of PJs and a Christmas ornament for each of them to open before bed.

Oh, and I forgot:

Starbucks
some kind of fast food
theater

Wallet! Great idea:)!
Dd lost hers this summer (there was nothing much in it fortunately) so it's time for a new one. I might still wrap a few of the gift cards so there is more to open.. but I'll put the smaller ones in the wallet.

One thing I usually get dd for Christmas is ticketmaster gift cards. There is usually some big show she wants to see. I don't know if I will do them this year though.

My daughter is 18 and moved into her own apartment so she will be getting toilet paper! lol. Actually I have sheets for her, a kitchen aid hand mixer, and am planning on getting her some fun gift cards so she can eat out, a gift card to get her oil changed (not very fun but it will need to be done and I know she will push it because she doesn't want to/have the money for it), a certificate to get her hair done, and a certificate to do a snow tubing day at one of the local ski resorts. I saw a thing on Amazon that is game that you put cash/gift cards in so the person has to solve the puzzle to release the money. I might do that for some gift cards as that seems more fun to me.

My daughter is 18 and moved into her own apartment so she will be getting toilet paper! lol. Actually I have sheets for her, a kitchen aid hand mixer, and am planning on getting her some fun gift cards so she can eat out, a gift card to get her oil changed (not very fun but it will need to be done and I know she will push it because she doesn't want to/have the money for it), a certificate to get her hair done, and a certificate to do a snow tubing day at one of the local ski resorts. I saw a thing on Amazon that is game that you put cash/gift cards in so the person has to solve the puzzle to release the money. I might do that for some gift cards as that seems more fun to me.

Ohh, can you post the name or link for the puzzle? I would love to get that for DS.

DD13 is stumping me this year. The only thing she really wants is an iphone. She has a phone that she rarely uses and already has an ipod touch. We don't have contract phones so she needs to keep thinking! I can't think of anything for her other than some new dance shorts and maybe some mustache stuff. She is pretty specific on clothes and really hard to buy for.

I look forward to reading all the ideas on this thread!

StitchandPooh'sMom said:
What kind of wallet are you getting? DD could use a wallet or a wristlet, and it would be a fun way to give the gift cards, but I want to give her one that she would think is cool, but I don't want to ask her. I won't have a lot of surprises for her as it is.

Dd likes the hard wallets and I just pick a print she likes She has a zebra print so probably leopard print Nothing expensive She likes to switch up too often

Ohh, can you post the name or link for the puzzle? I would love to get that for DS.

DD13 is stumping me this year. The only thing she really wants is an iphone. She has a phone that she rarely uses and already has an ipod touch. We don't have contract phones so she needs to keep thinking! I can't think of anything for her other than some new dance shorts and maybe some mustache stuff. She is pretty specific on clothes and really hard to buy for.

I look forward to reading all the ideas on this thread!

MagNif Money maze puzzle is what it is called on Amazon. I tried to post the link but it wouldn't let me- it said I have not posted enough to post links!

I'm enjoying reading the responses. I'm trying to make this a budget Christmas, but my DD is also going to college in the fall and really needs a new laptop. Besides that I have already bought Disney Infinity for the kids to share. Typically if they get something big like a laptop they don't get much else. I have gotten her some nail tools for her stocking, too. Besides that, I don't know. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things she could use in college?

MagNif Money maze puzzle is what it is called on Amazon. I tried to post the link but it wouldn't let me- it said I have not posted enough to post links!

Awesome, thanks!! DS, both DDs, & my niece, nephew & maybe brother will all be getting these!

I'm enjoying reading the responses. I'm trying to make this a budget Christmas, but my DD is also going to college in the fall and really needs a new laptop. Besides that I have already bought Disney Infinity for the kids to share. Typically if they get something big like a laptop they don't get much else. I have gotten her some nail tools for her stocking, too. Besides that, I don't know. Does anyone have any suggestions of other things she could use in college?

My oldest is a college sophomore. Things she enjoyed having or needed for college -

set of towels - got them on a really good sale at JCP before holidays - cheap but they seem to be holding up fine so far
laundry hamper bag that can be carried to laundry room
slippers or slipper socks
flip flops for bathroom & halls
a bath towel that velcros shut to wrap around after shower or robe
good walking shoes, outdoor coat since they typically do a lot of walking
fun desk organizers
printer
laptop case or sleeve - DD likes a sleeve so she can put it in her backpack
(there are all kinds of cute prints)
gift cards for food, movies, etc. - DD asked for a movie card for her bday
bathroom organizer/carrier
Tervis tumbler
organizer/calendar

DD has always enjoyed getting practical stuff and loves school supplies. Good luck to your DD!

Awesome, thanks!! DS, both DDs, & my niece, nephew & maybe brother will all be getting these!

My oldest is a college sophomore. Things she enjoyed having or needed for college -

set of towels - got them on a really good sale at JCP before holidays - cheap but they seem to be holding up fine so far
laundry hamper bag that can be carried to laundry room
slippers or slipper socks
flip flops for bathroom & halls
a bath towel that velcros shut to wrap around after shower or robe
good walking shoes, outdoor coat since they typically do a lot of walking
fun desk organizers
printer
laptop case or sleeve - DD likes a sleeve so she can put it in her backpack
(there are all kinds of cute prints)
gift cards for food, movies, etc. - DD asked for a movie card for her bday
bathroom organizer/carrier
Tervis tumbler
organizer/calendar

DD has always enjoyed getting practical stuff and loves school supplies. Good luck to your DD!

Thank-you! These are some great suggestions! You've definitely given me some ideas.:)

DD14 main gift is our December disney cruise and WDW trip besides this she is getting Iphone 5s, a few shirts and sweats , maybe mine craft stuff and that's about it. Usually I got nuts on Christmas to where we can not get to the tree but this year we come home Christmas Day so simple is the thing this year.

What fun! I love giving "experience gifts," to things that my daughter (or friends) can either use with me or with her friends and make a memory. Season tickets to theater is an awesome one or even just one show! Getting dressed up (or not) and spending the night out is so fun. Usually theaters have a great price for students too. Oddly, I started this when my daughter was young and sometimes it is stuff she likes and sometimes it isn't, but, It's the experience.

My daughter has also gotten into purchasing things from etsy lately and I will probably do a gift card for them for her. Supporting people one at a time with homemade stuff is awesome. Her newest 'collection' is iphone cases and she has found a bunch in there.

For older teens, I love the idea of buying oil changes for the car! That is useful!

My daughter is a bbc fan girl so she is getting a custom made Sherlock coat. She will also get another season of doctor who, and a few books. She's 17

I'm not a parent but I wanted to chime in. A couple of you mentioned a wallet with gift cards and that's a great idea. She will be so bowled over by the wallet and then have an extra surprise when she opens it! My mom did this for me...it was this beautiful Kate Spade wallet that I really wanted and I kept gushing about it until my mom couldn't stand it anymore and finally went, "open it!!" lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter