What are you getting your teen DD's for Christmas?

For my DD14:

Zumiez Sweatshirt
Zumiez Jeans
From Deilas: Leggings, Jacket, Shoes, Dress,
Rampage Skirt
DC Sneakers
Steve Madden Army type boots
Etienne Aigner Boots (high black ones w/brown band on top)
Wii Console (on sale for $89)
2 Wii Dance games
Black and White Pea Coat from Macys
Twister Dance
iTunes cards
Calendar
2 bracelets (from street fair)
2 packages of sox w/Felix the cat
Happy Bunny "Whatever" tee
B'way show tix

I know it may seem like a lot but keep in mind: I start my shopping VERY early; she is an only child; she has no relatives to buy her gifts.

When I made my post the other day I was officially done with dd, but I went out today and ended up grabbing a few more things.
A pink hoodie with glasses and a moustache on the back. She is going to love this possibly more than anything else she gets.
A couple sweaters
A big bottle of her favorite shampoo and conditioner and flat iron spray

I second this. I love music and it is the way I de stress at night, with blaring rock or dance music, anyway my DH purchased Beats for me, the sounded great, but the broke no long after that. Everyone I know hates them after they purchase them

So what did you end up with? I think I'll have to get them at a sticks and bricks store so they can be exchanged. Don't know if she'd rather have the full ear or part ear ones. (Actually, she'd probably prefer neither. As I said, they're for me more than her, lol.)

You all reminded me of some more things. She wants PINK yoga pants. And I'm planning to get her a "meh" tee shirt. That could go either way!

Forgot to add:

2 of those plastic "candy canes" filled w/Hershey Kisses and the other w/Reeces PB Cups (every year!)

Some odds n ends for her stocking.

So what did you end up with? I think I'll have to get them at a sticks and bricks store so they can be exchanged. Don't know if she'd rather have the full ear or part ear ones. (Actually, she'd probably prefer neither. As I said, they're for me more than her, lol.)

You all reminded me of some more things. She wants PINK yoga pants. And I'm planning to get her a "meh" tee shirt. That could go either way!

Yeah I still have to get the PINK Yoga pants and hoody. They were on sale last week and I didn't get them. So I am hoping they are discounted again before Christmas. Maybe I'll just do a gift card so she can wait for a sale.

re the beats headphones, my daughter got them for christmas last year, she loves them & they are still going strong.

re the true religion jeans, sometimes nordstrom has certain styles on sale or you could try macys with the 25% off discount available now

so far for my DD14 i have some of what seems to be popular on this board so far:

uggs in a different color than the pair she already has
taylor swift tickets (but concert is not until end of august & seats though expensive are lousy!)
tripod
mac brush set
mac makeup set
jewelry holder
14k "name" necklace
a few clothes items picked up on clearance or black friday
Lanz pajamas
$100 to spend at her new favorite store during after Christmas sales
small makeup items from sephora's black friday sale for stocking (such as metallic nail polish & sparkly lipsticks)

Like a PP, i also try to get her at least one book, this year its perks of being a wallflower cause she loved that movie

may get her a rug for her room if i can find the right color teal

she will probably love the uggs the best!

a PP mentioned the Love Sac, are there any deals on those?

Check your mail I just received a Victoria Secrets $10 off coupon and free Iphone case with any Pink purchase! Starts today! I am still waiting for my Black Friday online purchase to check my secret rewards card too!

DD15 is pretty easy to buy for! Her list this year included a white Fossill watch, Urban Decay Naked 2 Eye palette, PINK aqua hoodie, Ralph Lauren 4 and a few other items.

The Fossil watch we found on Black Friday for 50% off (our Harry Ritchies is going out of business). She bought it for herself!!

I have bought so far:

Urban Decay Eye set
Red Carpet Pro Gel Nail Kit
Few misc.

suzcruz said:
re the beats headphones, my daughter got them for christmas last year, she loves them & they are still going strong.

re the true religion jeans, sometimes nordstrom has certain styles on sale or you could try macys with the 25% off discount available now

Thanks! I did get the Macy's coupon so I'm going to check there as well as Nordstrom online.

For the Beats headphones I bought my dd, I also bought insurance on them as well just in case.

I just came late to this thread. I didn't know what the "Wreck this Journal" was until I googled it.

That looks so neat. Immediately I thought of DD11, my niece at college and DSs girlfriend at college. So I ordered the set of 4 from Amazon and took care of several gifts at once with one left over for one of DDs friends or someone I forgot.

In fact, DD wanted and got a doodle journal last year for Christmas. This one will be even more cool than that one!

Thanks y'all!

A few people asked about good books for teen girls. Here are some that DD and her friends (ages 14-18) really loved. And as a mom I loved them too.

Anything by John green but especially Looking for Alaska and the Fault in Our Stars.
Raven Boys
Why We Broke Up
The Fallen series by Lauren Kate
Before I fall
Before I die by Jenny Downham
You against me
Beautiful Creatures (there are 2 other books in this series)
Vampire Academy series

Hope this helps some of you.

A few people asked about good books for teen girls. Here are some that DD and her friends (ages 14-18) really loved. And as a mom I loved them too.

Anything by John green but especially Looking for Alaska and the Fault in Our Stars.
Raven Boys
Why We Broke Up
The Fallen series by Lauren Kate
Before I fall
Before I die by Jenny Downham
You against me
Beautiful Creatures (there are 2 other books in this series)
Vampire Academy series

Hope this helps some of you.

She loves John Green and has read them all. I got her a signed copy of The Fault in Our Stars for her birthday last year:)

Thank you for the recommendations. A few of those look familiar but I will take a peek at her shelves for the others and if she doesn't have them I'll have something to look for!:)

Thanks for mentioning those books. Just last week her English teacher recommended Looking for Alaska. My dd isn't big on reading (unfortunately) but her teacher felt she'd like this one.

My soon to be 14 y/o DD is getting Uggs, a new vanity set, a jewelry armoire, small Coach purse, Xbox360 with some games, lots of clothes, a neat looking perfume making kit and other stuff. She wanted a Mac Book but will have to wait for her Bday.

my 13 year old asked for nothing. she knows that our trip to wdw in jan is part of her xmas gift. she's getting a few suprises tho. a dr who bow tie, tardis towel, a my little pony backpack, some more my little pony figures, and a stuffed snowy owl with a letter of acceptance to Hogwarts an inside with the letters is going to be the tickets to WWoHP. she's my low maintenance nerd child. as long as i put books on her kindle, she almost never asks for anything.

I was hoping to get T. Swift tix as a surprise Xmas gift for dd13 but they have not gone on sale here and no word as to when they will!!!

WHat she will get:
Nail polish rack
Red TOMS
Glee season 3
Gift cards
Face cleansing brush ....don't know if I will do an electronic or manual
A good chin rest for her viola
Clothes
Vera Bradley bag
Where do you get these?

DD will be 14 . She's a Dec Baby

I bought her
-hello kitty bud ear phones
-hello kitty black and gold ear phones the ones that cover the ears. Actually pretty nice hello kitty design for teens. If she doesnt like them I might keep them-lol!
-roxy purse
-mini purse
-zebra fuzzy socks
-itune cards 3x $10

I think that it. I always hide the stuff and end up finding stuff later-lol!

On the list to buy dd
-gift cert for pedi
-gift cert for eyebrow waxing ( her first one)
-samsung tablet or mini ipad

depending on which we get her tablet/ipad will depend how much more she gets. With her bday the same month she gets so much that we usually start shopping for her after her party.

My soon to be 14 y/o DD is getting Uggs, a new vanity set, a jewelry armoire, small Coach purse, Xbox360 with some games, lots of clothes, a neat looking perfume making kit and other stuff. She wanted a Mac Book but will have to wait for her Bday.

My 13 year old daughter would like a mac book pro but I told her that would have to wait a few years, I got her a new laptop last month for her bithday, I will get her the macbook pro but it will be for Christmas or her birthday in 4 years so this way it will get her through college!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter