What are you getting your 11 year old boy for Christmas?

I love the Lego Dictionary idea. I will have to check those out on Amazon. My 10 yr old son got a metal detector last Christmas and he loves it. We've taken it on vacation to the beach and also camping. He has headphones so the beeping doesn't disturb anyone.

I am also going to look into the flip camera.
Thanks for the ideas!!
This is a great thread!

SUBSCRIBING!!! I've just loaded my Barnes and Noble cart with a bunch of the book suggestions!

We've had Snap cCrcuits over the years and they are fantastic! We've given several as gifts as well and they are very well received.

Happy Shopping Moms of BOYS!

Katy

I have an 11 yo. We bought him a PS 3. Also got him a new stitched Steeler number jersey. His old one is looking pretty crappy.

He also asked for the new nerf gun and some spygear stuff.

Our DS's must have been twins separated at birth. DS loves Spy Gear, loves his PS3, wants a new Steeler's Jersey, and REALLY wants the newest Nerf gun that just came out (the Nerf Raider). His closet is overtaken by enormous and small Nerf guns. He had a Nerf Gun party for his b-day last year.

We're also getting him a subscription to the Lego Brickmaster Magazine where Lego kits also arrive in the mail every so often.

For the Star Wars fans, my DS used to really be into Star Wars from age 4-8. A couple of years ago I bought him this book which is sooo awesome! It has tons of cool pop-ups, including a page with a lit-up light saber that pops out.
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Pop...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257575523&sr=1-1

Great thread! 11 year old boys sure are hard to buy for, huh? These suggestions are wonderful. My son usually would rather gouge his eyeballs out with spoons than read a book but the 39 Clues books sound like something he might get into. I'm always trying to find new books that might spark some enthusiasm for reading in that boy. I'm definitely going to look into these. Thanks!

ETA If you buy the first book, what else should be bought? One pack of cards? Two? Is the web site like a Club Penguin where you need to buy a subscription to unlock the best stuff or is it more of a free companion to the book? What other tips could help a newbie to this series?

I'm loving this thread. :santa: I've made a whole list of items to research and I'm feeling pretty on top of things. Thanks for all of the great ideas everyone. :thumbsup2

We bought book one and 1 pack of cards to start with. He logged on and signed up. I confirmed and have not received an email except for the "is it OK" one. (My email is the only one linked.)As of yet, I have not been asked to purchase anything new...yet. You can actually win real life prizes online, somehow. He goes to the site and gets "email" from characters (not real email). So far he has read 5 chapters in one week without being asked to read even once. This is a new record! Iwas thinking of looking for a box set for Christmas.

We bought book one and 1 pack of cards to start with. He logged on and signed up. I confirmed and have not received an email except for the "is it OK" one. (My email is the only one linked.)As of yet, I have not been asked to purchase anything new...yet. You can actually win real life prizes online, somehow. He goes to the site and gets "email" from characters (not real email). So far he has read 5 chapters in one week without being asked to read even once. This is a new record! Iwas thinking of looking for a box set for Christmas.

I was trying to find a box set. If you see one, let me know!! I guess I'd better add cards to my Amazon cart?

Also, just wanted to let everyone know that if you have a Toys R Us in your area they have the Playmobil Egyptian pyramid at 20% off. I grabbed that and the Sphinx. Great deal!

I was trying to find a box set. If you see one, let me know!! I guess I'd better add cards to my Amazon cart?

I just looked at Scholastic's website and did NOt find one. I'll let you know if I do!

Don't give up hope, I know Scholastic had sold a boxed set, there was one in my DS's book order last month! He asked me to buy it because he wanted book 4 I think that was in it and I said no because he already had the first 3 in the box.

What's the Ulitimate Buzz Robot? I googled it, but it shows Buzz Lightyear - Is that what it is?

Thanks!

I have a question about the 39 Clues books. Do the cards match up in any way to the books? Like if I'm buying the first book, is there a certain set of cards I should be looking for or will any pack do? I couldn't really tell by looking at Amazon. Thanks :)

Not sure. There was one pack of cards available to us. It said it had clues for the first 3 books or something like that. Since I only had one choice of book and cards, it was what I got. I'll try to remember to ask DS tomorrow for you.

My DS just turned 9 and is very hard to buy for but one thing that is really big with the boys where we live are phiten neckaces,
http://www.go-titanium.com/. Just about every boy from age 8 - 16 has at least one. My DS got his first one a few months ago and he never takes it off and he and for his birthday last week he just got a MLB one and it is probably one of the best presents that he has ever got.

My DS just turned 9 and is very hard to buy for but one thing that is really big with the boys where we live are phiten neckaces,
http://www.go-titanium.com/. Just about every boy from age 8 - 16 has at least one. My DS got his first one a few months ago and he never takes it off and he and for his birthday last week he just got a MLB one and it is probably one of the best presents that he has ever got.

Those look pretty cool but sure are expensive!

My 11 year old would rather go naked than get clothing for Christmas! :lmao:

Dawn
:lmao:I have the opppostie extreme--DS has on the top of his wish list, in this order:
New Tux (with tails please)
New dress pants
Leather Jacket
:rotfl2::rotfl2:
What about Lego Mindstorms?
Excellent suggestion:thumbsup2 DD12 got this 2 years ago and both kids use it frequently:thumbsup2
My DS 10 1/2 is going to get snap circuits this year http://www.amazon.com/Elenco-Electr...=toys-and-games&qid=1257268764&sr=8-3-catcorr
Very cool and multi projects to do.
:thumbsup2Another excellent suggestion. DS got the big set 2 years ago (the year he turned 9; he will be 11 this year during the week of Christmas) and he has played with it pretty much every week since. Both Lego Mindstorms and Snap Circuits made the cut of things to bring to Germany when we moved last year and could only bring 4 suitcases worth of stuff (including clothes) each:goodvibes

My DS is 11 and he has asked for Playmobil Egyptian sets (like the pyramid). He and his 3 cousins (ages 8, 11 & 13) still play all the time with Playmobil.

DS wants this also and is getting it!

What DS is actually getting as his big gifts for his 11th birthday and Christmas
Birthday--new tux (as per request; he loves formal night on the cruise. We are celebrating his birthday early so he can celebrate on the cruise and I am having one heck of a time convincing him to celebrate on the first night because I want him to have the tux for formal night on the second night:rolleyes:)
Christmas from us--Playmobil Pyramid. Grandparents are getting the Nile boat to go with it.
Christmas from "Santa"--still debating between some other playmobil sets he is interested in or the leather jacket with perhaps some new sunglasses to go with it.

Other things family is getting that he wants:
iTUNES gift cards (he got an iPOD nano last year)
Lego Creationary game (are they selling the Lego game series in the USA yet--lots of neat ones, but only a couple are for the older kids)
mini golf and indoor water park gift certificates
Klutz books

I need help with books, my DS school has a new rule they must read 6 books every 9 weeks so we need smaller books between 120-200 pages because anything over that still only counts as 1 book. He loves the Margaret Haddix books and has and read both.

The Percy Jackson books are too long as are the Artemis Fowl series.

The school will not budge on the 6 books we tried to get them to give the longer books a 2 or 3 book exchange but they will not.

any suggestions???????

DS is 12.

Now granted, I'm aware I have a weird kid, but last Christmas when he was 11 he wanted the gigantic Maglite. It's huuuuuuge but it makes his little heart go pitty pat. :confused3

I haven't read all the replies and this may not be a politically correct answer, but my son also got a BB gun and loves it - he shoots at targets only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter