What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Del, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Del

Del DIS Veteran

What are you all doing for Thanksgiving Dinner/Lunch? Any ideas in parks or even off-site? We have never been done for a holiday before and we just booked a trip.

Del:)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jabber_Jaws

Jabber_Jaws DIS Veteran

Eating at LTT.

4. DISNEY1975

DISNEY1975 DIS Veteran

We are eating at Citricos fairly early (4:00pm).

Still waiting to see if there are any activities going on that night. I thought the Osbourne Lights would have been on that night, but later found out that they dont start until the following night.

Maybe walk around DTD, catch the light show at Epcot or go over to the Boardwalk and check out Jellyrolls dueling pianists...or......

Go over to the MK and try to get in as many rides as possible before the huge crowds get there for the weekend.

This year will be tough for me as Im a huge Black Friday shopper. I did rent a car, so I might have to check out the Orlando area to see if I should stand in line at 1:00am for anything special!!!

5. wdw1972

wdw1972 DIS Veteran

I'm totally not interested in an over crowded, over priced (for the holiday) meal at a restaurant that might not have my fav items because they're doing turkey!

We'll be starting the day doing the Sunrise Safari, which is followed by a huge buffet breakfast. That should hold us most of the day, and we'll enjoy the offerings in the concierge lounge that evening. If we want anything else, we'll grab a snack somewhere.

6. maj42169

maj42169 Wishing Upon A Star!

We will be spending our day at MK and enjoying a dinner with Chef Mickey!

7. minnierocks

minnierocks DIS Veteran

We will be at Hollywood Studios (our kids favorite park) spending the day together...watching the parade at 3 PM (I hope the new parade includes Santa), eating at Hollywood and Vine (again, the kids can't miss this place), checking out the Osbourne lights, and ending the evening with a viewing of Fantasmic!
    I can't wait! :goodvibes

8. aribelle

aribelle DIS Veteran

Read enough trip reports to know that I didn't want to be there on Thanksgiving, so we'll spend 2 weeks, then we're leaving WDW on Tuesday afternoon before Thanksgiving and heading over to Grandma's house near Tampa.....then we'll come back on Sunday after Thanksgiving for another 2 weeks of a relatively uncrowded WDW.

BUT...if the crowds were so bad, I'd probably do anything that did NOT have turkey......Kona or O'Hana would be a cool choice, WCC next.

9. lshaw

lshaw Mouseketeer

We are arriving on Thanksgiving (which we've never done before-always arrive the day after) and we have decided to skip the traditional turkey dinner this year and eat at Chefs De france for dinner-(we've never eaten there before)- then we will kick off our first night with illuminations- I had to drag my husband kicking and screaming away from his "traditional" Thanksgiving day. (eating,sleeping,football)

10. chorlick

chorlick I am a Princess... My father is The King of Kings!

Unless our waitlist comes through, we'll be eating at my house. :scared:

11. MPS4124

MPS4124 Mouseketeer

We're having dinner at LTT at 4:15. Then we spend the rest of the night in the MK. Last year it was open til midnight and we were there at the end. It gets less crowded as the evening gets later.

MPS4124:cool1:

12. habg1

habg1 DIS Veteran

We are leaving WDW on Thanksgiving day:sad1: , but we've decided to eat breakfast at 1900 Park Fare before we leave that afternoon.

13. Harambe

Harambe <font color=FF99FF>I better watch what I say, I CA

After cleaning my house from top to bottom for all our guest the day before, I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn to start the blasted turkey! Making the world's best, most juicy turkey is a curse, I tell ya. A curse!!!

14. jeremysdisneymom

jeremysdisneymom DIS Veteran

We are having an early breakfast at 1900 Park Faire. Then, DS is going on the Pirate Cruise from the GF. We have a late lunch for the Kona Cafe at the Poly. I do not have anything else planned for the day. I would like to get a carriage ride around Ft. Wilderness but the 90 day window is not here yet.

15. momof3poohlovers

momof3poohlovers DIS Veteran

We will also be staying at the AKV's concierge over Thanksgiving weekend!:cool1: Are you staying in the villas or the lodge? What are your dates?

We have a 4 PM ADR for Yachtsman Steakhouse! I haven't eaten there on Thanksgiving yet so hopefully it will be yummy! Usually we eat at 1900 Park Fare.

16. pixiedust1

pixiedust1 Mouseketeer

We are planning on AK during the day and then a late dinner at WCC since we are staying at the WL...I can't wait for November!!! :banana:

17. In Luv with Disney

In Luv with Disney DIS Veteran

We will be park touring ALL DAY! Not sure what we will do for breakfast/lunch, but dinner will be at 'Ohana! I can't wait!!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

18. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

We're having breakfast at Chef Mickey's and dinner at Boma.

19. mommyaof2

mommyaof2 DIS Veteran

We are going to spend the day at AK and then have dinner at Boma at AKL!:)

20. Moonpie

Moonpie Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey...Stuff

We're going to Animal Kingdom for the day, and having an early dinner at California Grill. Then a monorail resort hop to check out some (hopefully) decorated (for the holidays) hotel lobbies, do a little shopping, and sample a few drinks from some of the monorail resorts.

21. daisyduck123

daisyduck123 <font color=green>I just love those parmesan mashe

At DS10's request, the six of us will be having dinner at Chef Mickey's! :thumbsup2