• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you doing for autographs

mrsp1030

DIS Veteran
I've previously bought the autograph books, made my own as well. Looking for any fun ideas for 3 Boys!

We've done homemade and boughten autograph books in the past.

This year we are taking the Disney Jr Illustrated Encyclopedia, and also making signature tshirts or pillowcases (haven't decided yet) for my girls (9 and 6). We may do a "theme" pillowcase - like Princesses or Fab Five - so we can just take it to a specific Meet & Greet/ADR and not schlep all day every day.

Another idea - especially for boys! - might be a signature hat. Practical and easy to wear, then easy to take off and have characters sign. Just make sure you bring Sharpies (in fact, I would suggest a laundry pen Sharpie).

I found some small Disney-themed photo books at the dollar store and intend to slip pieces of paper or scrapbooking paper inside and attach a pen with a cord. The kids will slip out the paper for autographs and the plastic cover will protect them.

The dollar store had Monsters Inc, Cars, and princess books available.

We also are taking the Disney Jr Illustrated Encyclopedia. We did it awhile back and the kids enjoyed it more than any of the other types of autograph books we have used.

We went to Michael Art Store, or any art store, and purchased matting for which ever size frame you would use, We used 8 and 1/2X 11, we bought markers (use the fat size one as it is easier for the characters to hold). We then had the characters sign it and took pictures of the child with the character.
When we got home we posted pictures 4x6 size with the matting in frames and we had a nice picture of characters and child with their autographs.

I have the encyclopedia, but it is heavy so I didn't want to carry it around the parks. I decided to bring a matte for a photo - and then promptly forgot it in the stroller.

Luckily, for our Tusker House breakfast, I had brought my son's pith helmet that we got for $5 from our local zoo. When I realized I forgot the photo matte, but remembered the marker, I had the characters sign his pith helmet. He LOVED it. I was so glad I forgot that matte because he still loves pointing out the signatures on his hat that he can wear.

The characters also really loved that he had a hat similar to what several of them were wearing. They made over him quite a bit for it.

Last time we went I bought a set of blank colorful notecards from target. I don't remember the brand, but it is 50 or 100 plain 4x6 flat bright colored notecards and envelopes in a clear plastic box. Then I had each character sign a different card (I had a small clip board). I got a photo book with two photo slots per page. We put the signature card and photo of my daughter with the character on the same page. Then we were able to fill up the rest of the pages with photos from our trip and have a nice keepsake.

My daughter also had fun each evening putting her signature cards in the photo book back at the hotel room.

Last time we went I bought a set of blank colorful notecards from target. I don't remember the brand, but it is 50 or 100 plain 4x6 flat bright colored notecards and envelopes in a clear plastic box. Then I had each character sign a different card (I had a small clip board). I got a photo book with two photo slots per page. We put the signature card and photo of my daughter with the character on the same page. Then we were able to fill up the rest of the pages with photos from our trip and have a nice keepsake.

My daughter also had fun each evening putting her signature cards in the photo book back at the hotel room.

I think that is a really cool (and seems pretty easy!) idea!

We also are using the animated characters book, as well as having a photo mat signed! I love the baseball and Christmas ornaments ideas!!

awesome ideas...I may bring a photo mat at least for our character dining adventures so then we can do one mat for each dining and frame those photos. This will be the first time my youngest DS who will be 2.5 actually participates in autographs so maybe his own book for the first time too!

I made a 5x7 soft photo book from snapfish with pictures of my kids with the characters from previous trips and they had those signed this year.

I made our own this year. I bought a scrapbook from Michaels, and recovered it with whatever character for the boys. It came with black paper so I bought gold sharpie and will put picture on the other side from the autograph. I REALLY like the photo mat idea too! Or the hat. Maybe we will do that for our character meals. :thumbsup2

I have an old Creative Memories 7x7 Disney album that we will use for autographs. The signature on one side with a picture with the character on the facing page.

Last year, each of my boys had characters sign a WDW baseball cap. They wore them around the parks and then just took them off for character signings.

This year, we bought a character encyclopedia but decided it is too heavy to lug around all week. We're doing a photo mat instead :)

I'm thinking of getting the characters to sign a cap. I never got to have a autograph book as a kid and want SOMETHING autographed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter