What are you cooking for your Superbowl party?

Just my family of 6 so we are having- chicken wings, Pulled pork nachos(let's hope those are good because I am kind of making that up) Fried shrimp (because they were on sale at the store for only $4 for about 24 butterflied breaded shrimp) some seafood dip. And whatever else we might want-oh and a stromboli

wings
chili
beef and cheese enchiladas
guacamole and salsa with tortilla chips
queso
deviled eggs
dirty rice
mexican corn
red beans
cup cakes
cookies
jalapino popper dip
blue cheese hot wing dip

It will just be four of us. I'm not even sure if we will watch the game (can't miss Downton Abbey!!!). But we are taking our menu cue from Superbowl Sunday and eating hot dogs and Fridays appetizers (potato skins, mozzarella sticks and a spinach dip). It'll be a junk food night.

Just four people but it will be a two day menu...

seafood stew
twice baked potato skins
Sticky Asian wings
hot BLT dip
Jalapeno stuffed shrimp
fruit and marshmallow cream cheese dip

and maybe Butterfinger Blondies if I feel especially inspired this evening.

None of it goes together but who cares....its the Super Bowl, right?! :)

Ordering Chinese food. Couldnt really think of anything different to make... decided we wanted something to munch on, Chinese food it is.

I would bake some cookies, but just had surgery, so that's out. Going to send hubby the recipe to make w/the kiddos tomorrow :)

I'm making a big pot of chili and I bought some snacks/chips. We're going to have about ten guests, and they all bring something, and we always end up with too much food, so this year I am trying to keep it simple.

Pulled chicken barbecue sandwiches
baked potato casserole
garden salad
devil's food cake(my Brother's birthday)

Never too old for Jello shots. :)

I've got buffalo chicken dip, cheese dip and brats. I also have some Ranch and veggies that should be finished. It will just be us so we will just snack all day, works for me because I have this lame cold. I think I'll also make some chili, just because we all like it.

We are getting a 4 foot hero, buffalo chicken dip, Mexican layer dip thing from BJ's, guacomole, cheese and crackers, hummus, clam dip, wings, chips and dips.

It was originally going to just be 2 of us but a few friends are stopping by. So our menu is:

chicken wings
sweet potato fries
baked zucchini chips
pizza dip with crackers
ice cream with fresh fruit

We make the best wings I've ever tasted. I follow a Hooters recipe I found online and we have deep fryers. So, we're doing that and a tray of Primo's Hoagies, homemade mac and cheese, queso and tortilla chips and that'll be it. We'll have chips and pretzels and brownie bite-type little sweets.

Can I hijack this thread for a moment? Is 35-40yo too old for jello shots? I haven't had Jello shots in years but feel like making them. When is one too old for Jello shots?

You are never too old for jello shots! Somebody told me last week about pudding shots. Instant pudding (your choice of flavors) and 1/2 milk and 1/2 Baileys or Kaluha or Blue Mountain Coffee Liquor. I'm going to try those. We always make Jello shots for a fund raisers at various adult parties (VFW, Elks, Eagles).Most of the attendees are well over 40 but we sell out!

You are never too old for jello shots! Somebody told me last week about pudding shots. Instant pudding (your choice of flavors) and 1/2 milk and 1/2 Baileys or Kaluha or Blue Mountain Coffee Liquor. I'm going to try those. We always make Jello shots for a fund raisers at various adult parties (VFW, Elks, Eagles).Most of the attendees are well over 40 but we sell out!

Ooh, I'm going to make these for tomorrow. What sort of container do you put them in?

Jill in CO

We were invited to 2 parties but hubby wants to watch the game at home. I'm not crazy about football but it's a good reason to serve our favorite junk foods.

Bacon wrapped scallops
Bacon wrapped chicken
Chicken quesadillas
Shrimp cocktail
Mozzarella cheese sticks
Bagel Bites
Fresh fruit salad... (So I can say we got our fruit for the day.:rotfl:)
Chips, dips, and salsa
Chocolate chip cookie bars

And, thanks to a PP, I have to try those Kahlua pudding shots!

Tuning in for the commercials.

We are having:

Runza Casserole: People from Nebraska will know what I am talking about
Wings
Puppy Chow:banana:

We are having two kinds of homemade soup, salad, cheese/apples/crackers/summer sausage platter, sloppy joes and our son is bringing wings. Oh and cookies for dessert.

We always make food from the city we are cheering for -

reuben sandwiches on rye
thin crust pizza
ny cheesecake

and then the usual chips and dip and etc

We are having 12 people and way, way too much food. LOL Hopefully everyone leaves with food for tomorrow.

6 foot submarine (turkey, ham, roast beef, swiss, various veggies)
50 chicken wings
tray of red beans and rice
veggie trays
condiment trays
chili cheese sausage dip (sil is bringing) w/ tortilla chips
fruit tray (cousin's contribution)

My mom is bringing themed desserts, LOL:

Boston Cream Pie
NY cheesecake

I'm taking two appies to a party, and need hekp, please!

When I use Crescent Rolls for pigs-in-a-blanket or similar, they work fine.

But when I place the crescents flat on a baking sheet, to *roll ups* or similar, they come out so flat!! TOO flat. Ugh.

So how do I use them that way so they'll be puffy and full?

TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter