What are you celebrating?

Thanks!

It was a biggie too. Turned 60. Although my niece said yesterday that I didn't look 60. I said thanks and she said I still looked 59. :worship:

It was a nice day. My dad and his wife came up from the lake on Saturday and we went out for Japanese/sushi. Sunday we had made reservations at a local restaurant that has brunch. For ED, the restaurant is Mike Shannon's, the long time baseball announcer and former player for the StL Cardinals. Mike lived outside of town until a couple of years ago. He had a restaurant across the street from the old Busch stadium. That building was taken up to build the new Busch Stadium and he opened a restaurant in town. His kids run it for him now. Tons of memorabilia all over the restaurant. There was a seat back from the old Busch Stadium on the wall behind our table signed by Ozzie Smith, Stan Musial, Red Schoendienst and several other that non-Cardinal fans wouldn't recognize (pic below). The things on the wall between the windows are all signed baseballs from Cardinal greats.

https://www.mikeshannonsgrill.com/#/2

We all came back to my house for cake and ice cream then I spent the rest of the day in the pool.

Pretty good day.

I know many are concerned about personal info on the internet. I'm good with birthdays and the like. That info is so readily available on the nets already.

Thanks for starting this Denise. Nice idea for those of us in the Community forum.

j

Last edited:
Happy birthday!
We miss the Fort and reading up all the posts…
Celebrating freedom from tyranny and abuse.

Gloria,

We'll send you a pic from Walt's Boyhood home!

Happy Birthday.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter