What are we missing in Toontown?

sunnydays28

Mouseketeer
TT closes the day we get there, and while I recall things from before that I want to shoe my daughter, I am not sure they are part of TT or somewhere else, and if I should waste my time searching for them.

I was there in 1998 and 2006 and recall a water/splash pad with playground, little tunnel house in the middle. What was that, is it still there and/or is it part of TT?

There is Mickey and Minnie's house and a big circus tent in TT, anything else? We are not too much into Princesses, except Ariel, but we can meet M&M elsewhere. What about Ariel?

The Barnstormer a kiddie sized coaster is in ToonTown.

You may be recalling Donald's boat it is a soft playgrond area with some fountains and such. I'm not sure about a tunnel, though. Ariel's Grotto also had a splash soft area to play in while parents waited in line for Ariel, but it has also closed.

Ariel is currently meeting in Adventureland with Prince Eric.

Last time we were there (December) Eric was no longer doing meet/ greets with Ariel. But she was still just over the bridge in Adventureland

In ToonTown there are a million cute touches to see - like the "Tiger Lily" flowers (and many others) in Minnie's house and the "popcorn" corn plants at the Barnstormer. If you have the tiime it might be well worth walking through again.

I agree with the PP you're probably remembering Donald's boat its squishy in terms of flooring and the water squirts up. You can go inside the boat too but I don't remember a tunnel at all. There's a play area nearby (no water) that might have a tunnel but I can't recall.

Have fun we'll be there at the same time our last day is the 11th!

The tunnel she is referring to is more than likely the walk through on Donalds boat. You can walk through the center of he boat - short tunnel like kind of, to a kid it will seem bigger.

I would hit TT. Mickeys and Minnies house are so cute and we love Goofys roller coaster.

TT is all in the small details.

We were also there in Dec. and no Ariel in adventure land.

A great place to see ariel (in her blue dress) is at the norway princess meal. Food is yummy also.

I am sad it is closing - we love TT.

The tunnel is to the left of Donald's Boat. There is a little play area that has some slides that look like tree trunks and logs as well as a little tunnel that runs underneath them.

We won't see Toontown at all: our plane lands Friday night at 720 and there is no way to change that or get to MK by the 8 PM closing.

I am not too sad that she doesn't get to see TT as long as she can see the characters elsewhere. Except she loves fairies and we will not be going to Epcot so will miss them. I was never too much in love with little houses, always so crowded and moving through like cattle, and she barely knows who Mickey and Minnie are so she won't know she never got to see it. I was just trying to remember what was there so I can search/not search for alternatives.

And the tunnel/splash place is not Donald's boat. Looking at the map it is across from Dumbo, with the tree in the middle (there is a little tunnel/house in the tree), looks like there is a honey pot so maybe it's a Pooh theme. But it also looks like it is not inside TT, so we will be able to find it.

Thanks everyone!

And the tunnel/splash place is not Donald's boat. Looking at the map it is across from Dumbo, with the tree in the middle (there is a little tunnel/house in the tree), looks like there is a honey pot so maybe it's a Pooh theme. But it also looks like it is not inside TT, so we will be able to find it.

Afraid not. This sounds like Pooh's Playful Spot, which is already gone. Some elements, such as the tree, have been moved to the queue for the Winnie the Pooh ride. The rest is gone to make way for FLE.

I was there in 1998 and 2006 and recall a water/splash pad with playground, little tunnel house in the middle. What was that, is it still there and/or is it part of TT?

The water/splash pad you are recalling is Donald's Boat. The tunnel house is in the play area next door to Donald's called Toon Park.
I have been a CM in toontown for the past 5 months and am sad to see it go.

Why is TT closing?
We'll be at MK this March and our daughter loves Goofy'd rooler coaster.
Will they build something else?

Why is TT closing?
We'll be at MK this March and our daughter loves Goofy'd rooler coaster.
Will they build something else?

Fantasyland is expanding. Your DD may be in luck it has been announced that the Barnstormer will stay but with a new theme. There are several new attractions planed for the expansion including a Dueling Dumbo attraction and a Little Mermaid ride.

where are the princess and fairy meet n greets going to move to?

The princesses will be moving to Town Square along with Mickey and Minnie.

Tink will move to DHS later this year the other Fairies will be flying away for now but have been rumored to appear at Epcot in the spring.

No, not donalds boat. the original poster is correct. She is remembering the splashing part of Winnie the Pooh play ground near dumbo ride. My kiddos loved that area on very very hot mornings. We would race around doing all the fantasyland rides on a morning EMH and then head over for a nice relaxing sit in the shade for drink and snacks while kids played. One of the only times I allowed them to get wet when planning to be in the parks all day. Temps were so warm, they dried off in just an hour or so and were nicely cooled off.

Sadly that area has been closed quite a while now.

We never enjoyed donald's boat/play area as it was always overrun with unsuperviused kids it seemed. Maybe my kiddos were just to timid to enjoy it tho. The whole toontown area always seemed packed with people whenever we've spent anytime there. We will miss Mickey and Minnies house but aside from meet and greets and the barnstormer? I say it's time for a make over.

ETA: Yes, mesaboy2 nailed it. Poohs playful spot. Will be fun to see the tree and new entrance to poohs ride when we get there in just 9 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter