What are we missing in the World Showcase or Epcot in general?

We always make sure to have a full day or 2 half days devoted JUST to world showcase. We like to casually stroll through it, share a QS or snack at each country, maybe have an alcoholic beverage, see the performers, visit the shops. We also like to do a photo mat signed in each country for a picture for that trip. We have "hello" from our first trip and we're supposed to do Christmas greetings this trip, but I got sick and we had to go back to the room.

We find China is quite enjoyable, and we don't even see the movie. The museum is quite interesting and informative. The model of the Terra Cotta Army Soldiers is very impressive and so much so that we bought a soldier from the gift shop and it now has a prominent spot in our living room. Don't miss this.

Pretty good museum in the front part of the Mexico pavilion before you go down into the store/restaurant section.
Beautiful gardens in China, wander around to the back part, there are a number of benches located throughout and it's nice and shady. Look up coming out of the shops in China and go all the way down toward the back, some great details in the windows.
Stave Church in Norway has some great architecture and while they replaced the displays on the inside to reflect Frozen references, it's still interesting.
If you are a wine drinker, go into the wine shop in Germany and get a flight and cheese plate.
Look up in Italy, the detail on top of the buildings is great. Go to the wine bar there, great flights and great CMs.
After the fountain in Morocco, there is a small room in between the museum and a shop, it shows the beautiful tile work of Morocco and has benches to sit on a just be quiet.
Back behind the QS in Japan is a great little garden, wander through it. Sake flights in the back of the shop.
Ice cream in France. Great garden to wander through there too. You can get wine flights in the wine shop there as well.
Maze in Great Britian and go in the tea shop, they often have samples. Grab some fish and chips from the QS and go to the back into the garden and eat it.
Canada has another great garden to wander through. The exit path and the handicap entrance to the theater has a great little waterfall.
If it's not covered up, wander through the rose garden just past Canada.

Depending on the ages of your children doing the Passport in all the countries can be fun.

We like Christmas and the storytellers.

I am an adult and did this once as an adult with my sister just for giggles and we Loved it. It opened our eyes to parts of the World Showcase we had previously just passed by. To this day my passport is on of my favorite souvenirs and I was honestly considering doing it again this Weds on my mini solo trip

I always go to Mexico for the boat ride, but I also recommend stopping in there just for the smell :love:

I like that no one has mentioned FEA, lol!

Some of my favorite things in the World Showcase are:
1. Three Caballeros boat ride in the Mexico pavilion
2. The movie in France
3. The shop in Italy with all of the masks!
4. The Terra Cotta Warriors in China
5. The cuckoo clocks in Germany
6. The perfume shop in France
7. Everything in Morocco (just fun to explore through there)
8. The Beatles merchandise in the UK
9. The Voices of Liberty in America are NOT to be missed!
10. The food throughout all of it
11. The performers throughout all of it

Hmmm...I need to devote some time to Japan and Canada. They were neglected the last time I was there.

We love just walking around and seeing the architecture plus going in the shops. The UK has the maze and Germany I believe has the train garden. We like the movies in France, China, and Canada and the American Adventure plus the boat ride in Mexico. Around the holidays the storytellers and CP are great.

Ok, I have to know, what is a 'train garden?' It sounds like something my son would love.

Do they have passports to be stamped in each country now? I thought they were replaced with Duffy on a stick.

Our favourite thing in Epcot last visit was the drummers in Japan

They still have the passports!

We love wandering behind the exhibits and riding the boat in Mexico, catching the shows in each of the countries.

Epcot . . . in Future World, the Jammitors put on a great kid friendly show. The fountain near Spaceship Earth puts on an amazing show, which is even better if you catch it at the end of the night, when the water jets are illuminated with colored light.

We love the Mexico pavilion, it never ceases to amaze me how much you feel like you are outside in a little village after dark in there. Also, my son and daughter say that the Churros are not to be missed.

Germany, love the trains, and no trip is complete until I've had a Frankfurter with sauerkraut.

China has an amazing store, and the orange chicken in the quick service there is pretty tasty. The acrobats put on a great show as well.

My son always likes to stop at the African Outpost to play the drums, and it is a great opportunity to get a cold drink, and sit down for a bit.

Norway . . . has the bakery, not to be missed. Cloud Horns, Schoolhouse Bread, and they even have sugar free chocolate mouse.

The American Pavilion has the Voices of Liberty, plus the American Music Machine. Both are entertaining.

Japan has the drummers, and another amazing store. Also, I find the gardens in Japan to be wonderfully relaxing. I love to get a drink, and / or meal at the quick service, and spend time sitting outside and enjoying the gardens / water features.

Morocco has some fantastic shops.

France has a great balancing act out front, and in the back . . . Ice Cream Martini's (for the wife of course) and croissants (for me).

UK . . . the hedge maze is a winner with kids. The band is a winner with my wife. The tea shop empties my wallet lol. And finally, there is no better end to the day than enjoying supper at The Rose and Crown, and timing it just right so that you can sit at your table (of course this is best if you are seated on the outdoor patio behind the restaurant) and watch Illuminations while you enjoy your desert, and a cold beverage.

We really like WS - especially the entertainers. Our very favorite is Voices of Liberty in the American Adventure...we always try to see them at least once. Matsuriza in Japan is one we always try to catch as well.

One of our favorite memories ever is from WS. When DD2 was 7, she was having a bit of a mid afternoon meltdown. Belle was coming out of France, caught sight of DD, came over, and crouched right on the ground next to her...they had an entire conversation about how it was clear to Belle that, since DD was so upset, she must have just had an encounter with Gaston and then they traded tips on how to deal with annoying people like Gaston and sisters :). It was sooo cute and DD still has a soft spot for Belle (8 years later).

Do they have passports to be stamped in each country now? I thought they were replaced with Duffy on a stick.

Our favourite thing in Epcot last visit was the drummers in Japan
If it is still the same as the last time we did the passports (about 5 years ago). You have to purchase the passports & they come with stickers to place on each page, but the Duffy on a stick was free.

If it is still the same as the last time we did the passports (about 5 years ago). You have to purchase the passports & they come with stickers to place on each page, but the Duffy on a stick was free.

I love this thread! Making my list...

Yes, we had to buy the passports too but it's one of our favorite souvenirs! And we didn't complete them so we'll be bringing them back on our next trip!

@AmyA, I love that story! So sweet!

I was going to add that one of our favorite things to do is meet Mulan in China! She is one of mine and DD10 faves and tough to find! She spends a lot of time with guests, you don't feel rushed - she brings great honor to her family! But if you want to meet Mulan - and I'm sure it's the same for the other princesses in the WS - it's good to get there early as they do shut off the line!

The Three Caballeros ride is one of my son's favorite rides in WDW for some reason!

We try to devote an entire day to the World Showcase. We usually end up spending at least an hour in the Mitsukoshi department store in Japan, sometimes longer. Another favorite is Germany. This trip we have a day with no meals planned so we can completely devote it to the World Showcase. There are a few things we haven't done and we plan on doing them. I might do the passport, my 14 year old likes those sorts of things.

One of our traditions is to do what we call "Hats Around the World." Each country tends to have their own type of head gear. Sombreros in Mexico, Viking horns in Norway, Uncle Sam hat in U.S., Pokemon beanie in Japan (LOL), etc. It seems there is something for every country. We try to get cute group shots doing this in each country. Kids and adults love it. It's also a lot cheaper than buying the hats too. :)

Also, you MUST get the brioche ice cream sandwich in France. They seal it so that the bread is warm on the outside and the ice cream inside is cold. It is SOOOO good!!!

Jasmine and Aladdin meet n greet in Morocco -- last time Aladdin took DD5 into the gift shop to look for Abu the monkey, who seemed to have gone missing.

Also for younger kids, the kidcot stations are a great way to cool off. Mine enjoy asking the CMs to teach them how to sing their national anthems :rolleyes1

Free soda from around the world in Club Cool!!! Also there is no way that I know of to plan this, but I love when I catch the fountain show when the music is the Rocketeer theme. Not World Showcase but it's a must for us any time we are in Epcot.

Last edited:
Ok, I have to know, what is a 'train garden?' It sounds like something my son would love.

It's not so much a garden, but more of a village that miniature train models run through. It's located next to the bathrooms in Germany. It's nice to grab a beer and a brat and watch them! If you Google for "Epcot Germany train village" there are some videos and pictures of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter