What are watermice????

Water mice are quick little water craft that scoot all over the lagoon that borders the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian, the Magic Kingdom, etc. My son and husband rented the mice at the marina of the Grand Floridian.

They can also be rented at the Y&BC. You can drive them on the lake in front of those resorts, the BWI, Swan & Dolphin, and all the way down to MGM.

Water Mice are also those small rodents that swim in the sewers -- no rental required. ;) Sorry, I'm getting punchy as I only have a few hours to go until we depart for Disney!

Seriously, though, I recommend the watermice. We'll worth it for the fun and you can take some great pictures from places you'd otherwise not be able to.

Fun, that's what they are! I had a great time zipping around this past June during our stay at WL. I played while ds and dh napped. If you have the time, I highly recommend renting one for awhile!

editPhotos.fcgi

Being an total computer moron, I don't know how to add a photo to a message; please excuse me if this is a total failure!

Sorry, can't see the pic. It asks for a login/password. Darn!

Sorry about that, Zane's Mamma! Send me your email address and I'll forward the shot to you if you'd really like to see it! :)

(Jacqui2@aol.com)

Still can't see the picture :(

What does it cost to rent the water mice?

Here is a picture of a water mouse. My DH and DS rented them from the Grand Floridian last Wednesday and had a great time.

63428016503_0_ALB.jpg

I think they are $18 and some change for 1/2 hour and $35 and change for an hour for one boat. Weight limit is 250 lbs or something. The ones over at the Poly, WL and Cont go faster than the ones at YC/BC, and the lake is much bigger, besides you can't really beat racing around in a little boat, looking at the castle! Last time we were there they didn't have them at GF for some reason. We have always went to get ours at The Poly. They are fun, and my DH insists on doing them for an hour every single trip! Even when it's freezing!

Here is a much better picture of a water mouse than the last one I submitted. Sorry about that.

fd551e6f.jpg

So they only fit like one adult and one child???

My DS (age 6) and I rented a water mouse at the WL a few weeks ago. It was one of the most fun things we did. It was a beautiful, sparkling afternoon out on the water. Going over to the 7 seas lagoon was magical! It is very neat to see the MK from this view, and you are surrounded by monorails! We could see like 3 or 4 at a time. We also liked going under the monorail track. This was well worth the $. I am not a very adverturous person, and I could handle the boat fine. Our combined weight was about 160 pounds, I think 2 adults would definitely need 2 boats. We noticed the teenagers who were traveling alone in a boat were going faster!:D
My DS kept saying, "Go faster Mom!"

This really was one of the best memories I have of the trip!

I think the minimum age for driving is 14 years old. My DH and I originally got into one boat, and no I am not going to tell you our combined weight, but it was over 250 lbs. We were going kind of slow compared to my DS who was zipping around on his own, so after about 10 min. I told DH to drop me off at the dock. He got to go fast and I got to go shopping in the GF. Everyone was happy. Here are some pictures taken from the water mouse.

fd551e87.jpg

fd551eb9.jpg

fd551e84.jpg

fd551e75.jpg

fd551e53.jpg

Ohhhh!!!! Thanks for those wonderful pictures!! Isn't it cool seeing the MK from this view? Is that the crane in picture with the castle?

Chance's Mom - You are very welcome. Yes, that is a crane next to the castle. It was parked there the whole week. Pretty ugly and distracting. Yes, the views were great, according to DH & DS.

idors8,
Those are AWESOME pics! Thanks for sharing them. DH and I were batting around the idea of renting water mice, and you made up the decision for us! :cool: However, we'll definitely need one for each of us ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter