What Are They Giving Away at the Swan and Dolphin Next Week

Robbie Cottam

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
I was looking at the rates at the Swan and Dolphin from January 6 to January 13.

3500 dollars per night....

The Swan resevre was $350. one / 10th as much...

I know the marathon is going on but OMFG $3500 for the SWAN? This is for a standard room.

I though they were insane at $1300 a night for April vacation.

So what are they giving away at the Swan?

was looking at the rates at the Swan and Dolphin from January 6 to January 13.

3500 dollars per night.
I waa looking to add a night that was showing 3500. I called and asked if it was a mistake and for a real rate. The 3500 rate wasn't bookable, the hotel was sold out

I'm not sure why the reservation system sometimes shows as sold out and other times uses a placeholder rate to say the same thing.

I waa looking to add a night that was showing 3500. I called and asked if it was a mistake and for a real rate. The 3500 rate wasn't bookable, the hotel was sold out

I'm not sure why the reservation system sometimes shows as sold out and other times uses a placeholder rate to say the same thing.
Perhaps if someone was willing to pay the $3500, they would take the reservation, be overbooked, and "walk" a lower-paying guest to a sister hotel if everyone showed up.

Perhaps if someone was willing to pay the $3500, they would take the reservation, be overbooked, and "walk" a lower-paying guest to a sister hotel if everyone showed up.
I had the same thought. Maybe not bookable but doesn't apply to a convention that says they'll pay any price for an extra room

Last edited:
I am looking at end of Feb. and it’s $8,000 a night for all 3 of those hotels. It’s been showing that rate for over a month now. And it’s not a holiday. It’s last few days of Feb and first week of March too.

That makes more sense

Whoa. I just priced out the Swan and Dolphin for the end of February for 4 nights and they want over $4000 night for Swan!! For a basic room!

Whoa. I just priced out the Swan and Dolphin for the end of February for 4 nights and they want over $4000 night for Swan!! For a basic room!
Per my PP rates that high aren't generally bookable. The resort is sold out or isn't currently accepting new bookings for that date.

It was like that the first week of November too. I had booked months prior with a decent rate but when I had looked closer to the trip it was an extremely high rate. A few nights prior to checking in at the Swan, I received an email advising that I was being moved to the Swan Reserve. I only had a one night stay booked at the Swan but I guess they overbooked.

When the rate goes over $1k it means it’s sold out. If you really want it check back in a couple weeks before your trip and you’ll see if the convention has kicked back any rooms.

what I found the most interesting was the reserve was only 350 a night when the other two were ridiculously….

I have also seen the swan dolphin say Sold Out, so I’m not sure what they were or are doing….

Maybe putting a silly price on the room banking on someone canceling, and if they don’t upgrade them at the reserve ???

The week I'm looking at in April at the Swan is over $3000 a night too but the Dolphin is under $300. Unfortunately with 4 adults in one room the double beds don't work for us.

I was looking at a 3N stay at the Dolphin in February - $14K and the Swan $10. LOL
If I shaved off a day (can't remember which way) it dropped to $660/pp

what I found the most interesting was the reserve was only 350 a night when the other two were ridiculously….

I have also seen the swan dolphin say Sold Out, so I’m not sure what they were or are doing….

Maybe putting a silly price on the room banking on someone canceling, and if they don’t upgrade them at the reserve ???
I don't think I've ever seen Sold Out. I've seen Not Available for Check In, but not sold out. Same thing I imagine.

I don't think I've ever seen Sold Out. I've seen Not Available for Check In, but not sold out. Same thing I imagine.
I think I have, but I don’t have proof, guess it didn’t happen….

however, I went to add two nights to an April trip…. The Yacht club was cheaper, all in by about 20 bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter