What are the Port Orleans French Quarters like?

Pixiedust95

Earning My Ears
I'm going to WDW next spring with my best friend and neither of us have stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarters before! pixiedust:

The French Quarter is very nice. It's not as sprawling as the Riverside area of Port Orleans and you won't have to walk as far to get to the main building, pool, boat launch, etc.

The restaurant is cafeteria-style and has a Mardi Gras theme. There is a nice lounge nearby that I think has live music most nights (I don't know if cult favorite Yeehaw Bob plays here or Riverside). The pool has an awesome dragon statue weaving through it that turns into a slide as it reaches the pool. The boat takes you on a lovely scenic trip to Downtown Disney; you'll see lots of wildlife and the (in)famous Disney Institute/DVC treehouses along the way.

The only downside really is that Port Orleans isn't really especially convenient to any Disney area aside from Downtown Disney. You will have to take buses to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and so forth. That said, this resort impressed my entire family and remains one of our favorites.

I absolutely love the POFQ! It's size makes it super easy to get from one end of the resort to the other in a matter of minutes, which comes in handy when you want a late night soda in your refillable mug :). The food court is themed super cool and has a couple items that are totally unique to the resort. They have beignets which are some of the best things you'll ever eat. I love how there is only one bus stop for the entire resort so you won't have to sit through a ton of bus stops. The pool is also super fun - pretty big, fun slide.

Just wanted to say I LOVED the OP!!!:grouphug: Best kiddo in the world, but then, mother's are usually biased;)

disneyfreak18 said:
The food court is themed super cool and has a couple items that are totally unique to the resort. They have beignets which are some of the best things you'll ever eat.

Oh goodness, I forgot the beignets! I didn't get a chance to try them while we were there. Then after we came home, I went to see "The Princess and the Frog". The bruise from kicking myself for not eating beignets is still healing.

charliebrown said:
a lion attacks room 3227 every night at 6:58 pm

very entertaining.

Uhhh, yeah, dude. (What the eff?)

Typing on a phone is hard. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter