What are the "must-not do's" at WDW? (unDisney like)

As the mom to a very absent-minded DS10 who has left his pin lanyard on a ride or in a bathroom more than once, I am eternally grateful to the unknown strangers who did the right thing and turned it in to lost and found.

Thank You
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

***this is a true story (unfortunately!)***
When you see Minnie, dont say "Look! Mickey's wearing a dress!"
:confused:

Please, don't be so obstinate, that you cannot move to one side of the sidewalk down mainstreet 15 minutes before the parade, I am trying to be polite and remove my screaming toddlers so you may better enjoy the event!

Please don't feed the birds or ducks at Casey's, you may think it's cute but my kids don't when they waddle up to the stroller and take the food out of their hands!

Please, remember that this is the "Happiest Place on Earth", if you need to have a fight with your husband/child/mother in law, take it somewhere private (okay honey, I hope you heard that!):rolleyes1

and last but not least, remember that we all paid "alot of money" to be here, try and be considerate like you were taught in kindergarten! If you think it might be inappropriate, it probably is.

Please, don't be so obstinate, that you cannot move to one side of the sidewalk down mainstreet 15 minutes before the parade, I am trying to be polite and remove my screaming toddlers so you may better enjoy the event!

Please don't feed the birds or ducks at Casey's, you may think it's cute but my kids don't when they waddle up to the stroller and take the food out of their hands!

Please, remember that this is the "Happiest Place on Earth", if you need to have a fight with your husband/child/mother in law, take it somewhere private (okay honey, I hope you heard that!):rolleyes1

and last but not least, remember that we all paid "alot of money" to be here, try and be considerate like you were taught in kindergarten! If you think it might be inappropriate, it probably is.

good advice!

Do NOT stop short in front of someone who is in a motorized wheelchair.

When my mom get's them at the Park's people are constantly walking in front of us and stopping and never say Sorry.

It get's quite annoying:headache:

Don't be in a stream of walking traffic and just stop all of a sudden with no warning making me run into you.

OH, and add to that, don't walk in one direction and look in another... like, behind you....

I'm always telling DD to look where she is going not where she's been.

And Don't mess with Tigger:tigger:

Denise in MI

1. Do not wear or let your dd wear a micro bikini the park. Or really any bikini - I've often wondered about the fathers of such girls who watch middle aged men ogling their daughters...kind of sick.
2. Do not let your children turn the shower on again and again and again at the pools.
3. Castmembers, please do not force me to go the the front of the line on the monorail when I can clearly see that there will not be any seats therefore forcing me to wait for another train while all those behind us are able to get on board. It's a small thing but it starts the day off on the wrong foot.
4. Do not ever think you are Francis Ford Coppola directing an Academy Award winning production. I will stop for one quick snap of the camera - that's it.
5. Do not spend your entire trip behind a camera lens (see above).
6. Do not ever think you can use someones 3 year old's head as a tripod for Illuminations.(happened many years ago)

Don't enter a standing room only bus and expect a seat. It's wonderful when it happens but you should not expect it. Wait for the next bus if you want a guaranteed seat.

Don't forget to make ADR's and cancel any that you know you will not use.

Don't assume because I am an adult that I don't need a picture with Mickey or other characters. If I wait in line I deserve a picture just as much as any 5 year old.

Don't sweat the small stuff. And most of it is small stuff.

Don't wear perfume, but please wear deodorant.

Denise in MI

***this is a true story (unfortunately!)***
When you see Minnie, dont say "Look! Mickey's wearing a dress!"
:confused:

Reminds me of the clueless Dad I heard ask the Queen of Hearts if Jafar was her husband. :eek: She laid into him and Jafar stomped at him :rotfl: He was then was irritated because of her 'attitude.' It wasn't attitude it was being in character. Hello, she is a villian!!! :rotfl2:

C'mon parents get at least some working knowledge of the characters. :)

Editied to add, she didn't really 'lay into him' was just a little huffy when she said most certainly not! I amde it seem that she was worse than she was.

Don't go commando.

I don't mean that you shouldn't take a weekend with no plans and just have at it, I mean. . .COMMANDO. . .trust me on this one.

Then a friendly warning for you: If you ever wind up in one of these cities when they hold the Street Parade techno music festival, stay out!
1. Zurich, Switzerland
2. Berlin, Germany
3. Rotterdam, the Netherlands
I always see at least 20 TOTALLY, 100%, BUCK NAKED people per day at these events. I was trying to take a picture of a parade float and the under-18-year-old girl not more than two feet from me (I KNOW she was not 18!) stripped off all her clothes and THEN put on the new change of clothes she had in her backpack!:rolleyes1
Oh, and it's not for people who lack tolerance. I have absolutely nothing against gays or Lesbians. I was watching drunk people tossing themselves into the FREEZING waters of the Limmat River and there were plenty of gay guys kissing! (Um, where were the Lesbians?!) Makes for a heckuva party eh? Still, I enjoyed Street Parade and wouldn't hesitate to go again. Oh, and when I translated the German signs they had everywhere, they read "No drugs, just love"! Maybe some took that too literally.:rotfl2:

jamimb said:
Maybe next time you should have someone save a table for you and this would not be an issue.
And solo Guests, or a parent traveling alone with one or two small children they can't or won't leave by themselves, get to do what?

jamimb said:
What does it matter if those people have already got their food or not
If there are twenty tables, and all are occupied by Guests with food, that's annoying but understandable. But if twelve of those tables are being saved, including four by parties whose ordering members just got in the twenty minute line, while four other people/families are circling around with rapidly-chilling food.... it matters.

But if you absolutely MUST grab a table in anticipation of your food arriving sometime that day... PLEASE don't do it by jumping in front of someone who already HAS their food and is trying to find a place to sit and eat!

And solo Guests, or a parent traveling alone with one or two small children they can't or won't leave by themselves, get to do what?

If there are twenty tables, and all are occupied by Guests with food, that's annoying but understandable. But if twelve of those tables are being saved, including four by parties whose ordering members just got in the twenty minute line, while four other people/families are circling around with rapidly-chilling food.... it matters.

But if you absolutely MUST grab a table in anticipation of your food arriving sometime that day... PLEASE don't do it by jumping in front of someone who already HAS their food and is trying to find a place to sit and eat!

There are or were two other threads on this subject of Table holding at CS restaurants, apparantly it is expected to jump on a table as soon as entering the restaurant, they are never too busy that the scenario you have said actually occurs, everyone is polite enough to suggest you join their table to eat if they have not got their meals yet, it is wrong to thing table saving is rude. :rolleyes:

Not sure if this has been covered, but if you're going to WDW end of April, beginning of May DO NOT assume everyone wearing lime green is a DISer.

Our first day of our week long trip, I'm seeing lime green shirts and hats all over the place. So I do the little thing with the eyes and the fingers -- the Focker "I'm watching you" thing. No one is doing it back. Instead, I'm just getting all sorts of really strange looks. I did it maybe a dozen or so times to different people.

Folks, lime green is evidently really popular for school groups -- as is bright orange and red. But when you see one or two folks in a lime green hat or shirt -- separated from the rest of their group of 30 -- well, I thought they were DIS people :confused3

Thankfully I realized everyone I was seeing in lime green were tour groups by the end of the first day.

:rotfl2: I am so sorry, but I am laughing my butt off at this. I got that whole visualization :rotfl2: I can't imagine what the people thought :lmao:

Back on topic...............

Dont keep asking the CM's the same question or bring up the same thing over and over (is this ride closed? how long will it be till up and running again? ETC) They have given you the info they know or are allowed to tell, go find another attraction.

MY FAV on here is still the Chip and Dale squirrel one. My BF plans on being totally evil :rolleyes1 when we go with some 1st timers. The dad has a good sense of humor so we can have some fun with this one. :lmao:
Scenario:::walking along with 1st time dad, spot C&D in distance, BF yells "HEY YOU SQUIRRELS" Then point to 1st time dad and runs. Told the 1st time mom this and she just about cracked up and encouraged us to go for it. I need to have my camera out for this...:lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl2: I am so sorry, but I am laughing my butt off at this. I got that whole visualization :rotfl2: I can't imagine what the people thought :lmao:

Yes, my DH has said he doesn't want me running up to everyone simply b/c they have lime green on. I have to know they are a DISer before I make fools of us. . . (he's not a DISer, can you tell?)

SO, I'm asking all who will be going in July, please have the little green mickey head on something so I can be certain!:rotfl:

Yes, my DH has said he doesn't want me running up to everyone simply b/c they have lime green on. I have to know they are a DISer before I make fools of us. . . (he's not a DISer, can you tell?)

SO, I'm asking all who will be going in July, please have the little green mickey head on something so I can be certain!:rotfl:

I told your story to my dh & he knows me very well (NOT SHY!!!) and said "I will agree to have a green mickey head on our door and a scrapbook page for people to sign if you will agree to not talk to people wearing lime green." LOL!!!:laughing:

I totally agreed, though I can't promise I won't talk to them when he isn't around:cutie: . I am what I am.:dance3:

Must Sees:

Turtle Talk with Crush-EPCOT
Beauty and the Beast Show-MGM
Carousel of Progress-MK
Lion King Show-AK
Pocohontas-AK
Philaharmonic-MK

Alot of people don't know about the Poco show, but it is reallt neat to see the animals come across the stage when she is talking about them.

I have not seen the finding nemo musical, but have heard mixed feelings. I will be going to see it because I LOVE Finding Nemo!

I told your story to my dh & he knows me very well (NOT SHY!!!) and said "I will agree to have a green mickey head on our door and a scrapbook page for people to sign if you will agree to not talk to people wearing lime green." LOL!!!:laughing:

I totally agreed, though I can't promise I won't talk to them when he isn't around:cutie: . I am what I am.:dance3:

The best part of this page is finding out that we're not alone!!!1:rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter