What are the crowds like this week?

Everyone has their own opinion - the hype this thing is getting is unbelievable! Is a wonder it's being ridiculed?

Bird flu anyone? How about SARS? Another media frenzy!

Yeah it is out of hand! I feel like it is a media frenzy as well, it is annoying.

I was younger with the whole SARS scare. Oh and Anthrax too. Thanks to the media for scaring the crap out of me. I would not touch the mail for like months lol.

It is a sin though about the people who re dying from this. I hope this goes away soon.

This entire thread thus far is quite disturbing.

I'm disappointed to see that so many of you think a potentially deadly disease is something to joke about. Classy, folks!

Oh, please! I am not negating the people who are sick. I AM poking fun at the MEDIA for fueling a panic. Most if the storied I hear are unsubstantiated.

Seriously? How can it be funny that people have died and will continue to die from this flu? I find it completely insensitve and cold to be mocking this illness and those that have contracted it. I doubt you'd be laughing if it were YOUR child.

And no, I'm not "one of those" germaphobe moms, but I will be taking extra precautions when I arrive at WDW on Friday. "Freaking out?" No. Just being smart. And not at anyone else's expense. :sad2:

I do apologize if I offended anyone unintentially...I work in a very large suburban hospital and like all my co-workers, am prone to some gallos humor. It is a coping mechanism.

We are so bombarded by all these doomsday things....Y2K, SARS, Antrax, unemployment, lost 401k's, blah, blah, blah....I am worn out worrying about it all. I am going to the HAPPIEST place on Earth @#$%, so I am going to make BEST of it!

For those heading to the parks this week... I just returned last night. Spent the day yesterday at Epcot. It was morning EMH so I would have normally avoided this park, but we were not planning on opening the park, as we had to vacate our vacation home and we were planning to leave at 4. We thought we'd hit Innoventions and tour the World since we had already ridden the biggies. We expected crowds but weren't too worried about it...

What happened:
Arrived about 10:30.
Got Fastpass for Soarin - return time 2:30-3:30
Standby was 45 minutes (wow)
Played in Innoventions East and West
Received Kim Possible Adventure time of 12:00
At noon headed to World Showcase
Ride board was showing
Ellen's Energy Show, Journey into Imagination, Living with the Land no wait
Test Track 60 minutes
Nemo 10 minutes

Ate, played and walked around the World with what I thought was very light crowds - for instance at 12:30, prime lunch time, walked into bakery in France for croissant and drinks. NO line, another couple entered as we were paying. Nobody sitting inside at the tables. I have been there in the past where line out the door and no tables.

Some areas were "crowded" like around PSB in Norway, but had no problem walking around them.

At 2:30 we went back to ride Spaceship Earth. Walked on with no wait. then went to Soarin with fastpass. Standby say 35 min and I was shocked to see empty queue as far as we could see. FP return however was now 8:30, but passes still being issued at 3 in the afternoon.

Monday we went to Disney Studios. We arrived at 9 and left at 1:05. We rode Toy Story Mania first, then saw VotLM, saw Mickey at Animation Studio, Playhouse Disney, RnR Coaster 2x (single rider walk on), ToT 2 x (walk on), Star Tours (walk on) and saw BatB. When we exited TSM at 9:25 the FP lines were gone but return time was 1:30-2:30. Standby was 45 min.

Have fun.

This entire thread thus far is quite disturbing.

I'm disappointed to see that so many of you think a potentially deadly disease is something to joke about. Classy, folks!

Oh I'm so glad the politically correct could join us today...I was wondering when you would all start to surface. I was afraid you would be afraid of catching something by reading this thread.

Not once did I or anybody else mention that we were hoping you or anybody else would catch the flu and die and be unable to make your disney trip.

I, along with everybody else was mocking the fact that there are media reports, and other reports that are scaring people more than need be.

I read on another thread that Disney was closed May 1st - 9th. In case you didn't get it - IT WAS A JOKE TOO. Run, don't walk, and criticize that poster for causing undue hardship to Disney when people take it as serious and cancel their plans to go to Disney.

I'm glad I gave you something to criticize today, I hear it makes people like you feel good!

eek! let's slam on the brakes before this gets uglier. Remember this is a crowd level thread, not a swine flu thread. I apologize for making an off-topic comment.

Yes, and I started the thread. And when another person made a joke to relieve stress, I made one back - only some don't know how to take a joke.

Not once did any of us mock the ill or dead. :thumbsup2

Thank you to the poster who let us know about Epcot.

I'm glad I gave you something to criticize today, I hear it makes people like you feel good!

A little sensitive today, eh?
By the way, I'm fine, thanks–I really didn't need your help. Things are going pretty well for me today.

I'm generally as far from a PC individual as you'll ever find. That said, regardless of the degree that the media may be hyping the story, there is a very real concern about the potential for this to develop into a serious situation. People HAVE died. Agreed, much is unknown, yet there are people from this online community that are very concerned about this issue. I just can't see it as a joking matter...

Nope, not sensitive at all. I read things on here all the time that I may not agree with - but I don't try to shove my opinion (like as to whether or not you find it amusing or not) on other people.

I'm glad you're having a great day too!! I am having a wonderful day because in 3 days I'm going to be in Disney World!!!!

Hopefully it won't be too crowded....;)

Oh I'm so glad the politically correct could join us today...I was wondering when you would all start to surface. I was afraid you would be afraid of catching something by reading this thread.

Not once did I or anybody else mention that we were hoping you or anybody else would catch the flu and die and be unable to make your disney trip.

I, along with everybody else was mocking the fact that there are media reports, and other reports that are scaring people more than need be.

I read on another thread that Disney was closed May 1st - 9th. In case you didn't get it - IT WAS A JOKE TOO. Run, don't walk, and criticize that poster for causing undue hardship to Disney when people take it as serious and cancel their plans to go to Disney.

SO TRUE.......you can set a watch by the time it takes someone on DIS to come to a thread and ruin it with their rants and preaching. Someone ALWAYS has something to say, and I think some of these people just like to see their posts going in a different direction.

Too bad some of you don't catch the 'humor flu'......but I think you have been vaccinated for that already. ;)

I don't try to shove my opinion (like as to whether or not you find it amusing or not) on other people.

I'm not shoving an opinion on anyone. I'm commenting on a subject being discussed. It's what's done on a discussion board... Whatever, it's no big deal. Let me know when we start to talk about the "I'm with the Retard" or "My Kid's an AIDS Patient" shirts–that'll be really funny:rotfl2:

I am having a wonderful day because in 3 days I'm going to be in Disney World!!!!

Despite our disagreement, I hope you guys have a great trip. Enjoy!!!:thumbsup2

Not that you were saying that I said it, but it was not me that said they would have the Im with the sick kid shirt ....although I do think its funny.

I guess my `humour`about this is that one of my kids actually has a cold - and i don`t want anybody freaking out because a two year old sneezes when it is JUST a cold!!

I was in New York in 2003 with my kids and my daughter had pneumonia (she was 2 at the time) and for the record - I took her to the doctors the day we left to see what was wrong with her and I was told it was viral - no antibiotics needed - turns out it was pneumonia. Anyway, while in a Hotel Lobby in Conneticuit a woman covered her head with her newspaper when my daughter (who was 10 feet away) started coughing and then shot us a dirty look and left the lobby for her dear life thinking we had SARS.

And thanks for the trip well wishes!

SO TRUE.......you can set a watch by the time it takes someone on DIS to come to a thread and ruin it with their rants and preaching. Someone ALWAYS has something to say, and I think some of these people just like to see their posts going in a different direction.

Too bad some of you don't catch the 'humor flu'......but I think you have been vaccinated for that already. ;)

Humor fly! I love it. :lmao: By the way GO PENGUINS!!!!

Are any of you thinking of using a planner like TGM or RM for next week?

I have never used one, but am considering it. I can't believe the crowds would be even 8s though. I have a 2006 Unofficial Guide that says this next week should be 5s and 6s and up to 7 on the weekends. I think honestly that predictions are harder now that there are more insentives to get people to come to the parks.

I have never done a planner like TGM or RM, but with a 10 day trip and crowd level speculations, it might be worth it?????

Dawn

Humor fly! I love it. :lmao: By the way GO PENGUINS!!!!

LOL......well I'm done with this thread because WE ARE LEAVING RIGHT NOW for Disney.

I'll clear the crowds out for you by the time you get down here. :rotfl:

Have a great trip....if you have access to PC let us know what it's like down there.

I use Ridemax for touring and TGM just for learning...I have a feeling I will not need them. IMHO.

Gotta go get munchkin from school......y'all play nice.

GO WINGS!

parks have been pretty light.
We were at mk on monday, pretty light crowds.
HS yesturday, pretty empty..

sunday epcot light crowds

Are any of you thinking of using a planner like TGM or RM for next week?

I have never used one, but am considering it. I can't believe the crowds would be even 8s though. I have a 2006 Unofficial Guide that says this next week should be 5s and 6s and up to 7 on the weekends. I think honestly that predictions are harder now that there are more insentives to get people to come to the parks.

I have never done a planner like TGM or RM, but with a 10 day trip and crowd level speculations, it might be worth it?????

Dawn

I'm using RideMax as a starting point. We'll see how closely I actually follow it though. I used UG for best park days also.:wizard:

I am really glad to hear about the crowds...I knew all this panic was not needed....;)

I would never make fun of anyone being sick or dieing...give me a break...I am sure the others weren't either. It's making light of the situation. I am on the side that thinks the media has blown this out of proportion and is scaring people like crazy. :sad2:

I think a little humor is a good thing here. I don't think anyone here is making fun of people sick or dying, and nobody is minimizing the seriousness of the situation. But, if there can be a little comic relief in this whole thing and it makes someone smile, then what's the big deal? None of the funny comments I read were at the expense of someone else. Lighten up folks! We all need a little :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter