What are the chances? Getting into room mid to late morning

slyster

DIS Veteran
We check in tomorrow and we will probably get to POFQ around 10:30 or 11am. What are the chances that our room will be ready? I did do online check in and said our arrival would be at 10:30.

We didn't put in specific room location, but we did request a room with visual alarms as my partner is deaf so that may affect us getting in earlier.

I'm wondering how often others can get into their rooms by 11am or so. I know we can drop our stuff off with their service, but it would be nice to drop our stuff off in the room before we head to Hollywood Studios for the day. Thanks in advance...

Well I guess I can't say what your chances are but we were able to get in our room last November at 9 am. :)

Obviously it's not cut and dry. During slow times we haven't been able to get our room early, on the other hand busy times we were. Go figure! So we just plan either way, and pack in the carry-on what we need to throw ourselves into the magic of simply arriving.

I wish you good luck, and regardless I hope you have the best time ever!

:goodvibes

We have been extraordinarily lucky because on literally every single one of our trips (10 total in 12 years) our room has been ready upon check-in. We have stayed in all levels and have arrived at all different times. Most recently, we arrived around 1 pm and our Poly room was ready (not super early, but still...). Last year, we checked in for our package at the Poly at about 6:45 am. We didn't *need* our room quite that early, but it was, in fact, ready.

Did you happen to do online check-in? I don't know if it really matters, but it does ask you what time you are planning to arrive. It never hurts to specify...

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

We travelled with another family in January and arrived at Wilderness Lodge around 11. The other family's room was ready, but ours was not, although they were right next to each other. I was happy the other family was ok with us stowing our carryon stuff in their room until we got word ours was ready.

So I guess the moral of the story is: there's a 50/50 chance it will be ready or not.

We have been able to get into our room most of the time early in the day. Last Saturday we arrived at YC at about 9:15am and were able to get right into our room. It really just depends how full the resort is and how many people are checking out the day you are checking in. Good luck and have a great time :thumbsup2

No guarantees but online check in helps. Whenever we have done online check in, our room has been ready upon arrival. Good luck!

Well we arrived at 11am and just got a text message 20 min ago that our room is ready. We are at Hollywood studios. :cool1:

The 2 trips that we arrived early, both in June, one we got in at 10 am.The last trip waited until after 3 pm and had front desk switch us to a new room.You kind of shrug it off except during the week we would see housekeeping sitting in the shade on a cell phone for 1-2 hours. Then you get a little aggravated.

On both recent trips we did online check-in and our rooms were ready both times. The first time, we arrived at POP at 10:45AM and last time we stayed at POFQ and arrived early in the afternoon.

We did online check in for Pop. We arrived around 10:30am, the third week of March (Spring Break :scared1:) and they said our room wasn't ready.

Then they asked if we would rather have a 1st or 3rd floor room. We chose the 3rd floor room, and we were given our KTTW and a room number. :confused3

So we did get a room, just not apparently the one we would have gotten if we had waited.

We arrived at the GF last week at 11 am and were given our room right away. We didn't do online checkin. (if it matters, the resort did not seem that busy)

Edited to add that I see you checked in yesterday. Hope it worked out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter