1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

What are the can't miss shows on the Magic?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Bonniec, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

My cruise isn't until next October (2013) and it's a 5 nighter. This will be our first cruise with DCL.

I'd like to know which shows we should definitely not miss. While I would probably like them all, DH and my older kids are not as into that stuff. I think they'd enjoy one or two but likely want to see one every night. I'm okay with missing some since I'm sure we will be back.

Also, is there any other events or shows or things to do that I shouldn't miss? Feel free to throw that in there.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ajojo

Ajojo Mouseketeer

twice Charmed, my favorite!

4. collectoraholic

collectoraholic Is it time to sail yet?

Villains Tonight! Such fun and a different kind of stage show. Twice Charmed is good too. Disney Dreams is our least fave.

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Disney Dreams.....if you haven't seen it 27 times and maybe even if you have.

And Twice Charmed.

6. jimilla

jimilla Mouseketeer

Any of the Disney Broadway type shows are great...the Magian and comedian were our least favs...but everyone is different.

7. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

I would only go see Dreams and Twice Charmed. LOVE THEM!

8. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

LOL well this is a pretty equal mix. :rotfl: Guess I'll just go whenever the family feels like it. :thumbsup2

9. Blueyedchanel

Blueyedchanel Mouseketeer

I plan on going to all of the, since this is my first cruise and then next time I will pick and choose.

10. traceyw

traceyw Mouseketeer

Our favorites were (in order)...

1. Disney Dreams
    2. Walt Disney: the Dream goes on
    3. Twice Charmed

Our least favorite ones were the first & last nights (of our 8-night cruise): All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin and Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell.

11. ruadisneyfan2

ruadisneyfan2 DIS Veteran

Me too!!:thumbsup2

I endured a 2nd round of Villians for the sake of friends sailing with us, their 1st time on the Dream. As we left the theater she told me, "You could have just told me how bad it was. I would have believed you!" :lmao:
    I feel everyone should come to their own conclusion though. Then her ds14 said it was his favorite DCL show ever. Go figure...:confused3

12. Disney 24/7

Disney 24/7 Mouseketeer

Twice Charmed is only shown on the Magic. Can not see that show on the other three ships.

13. jahber

jahber DIS Veteran

I'm a rare case, but I don't like the shows (*ducks for cover*). We never see the shows or the parades at WDW, so bear that in mind when you consider my 2 cents. ;) I saw Wishes and Believe on our 7-night Western, I think. And I could take them or leave them. To be honest, I'm not a good Disney mom. My kids don't even know the majority of the characters and have seen maybe 5 movies. 3 of which they watched on our last cruise during down time. It was like homework, so they would at least recognize some of the major characters I knew they'd see in the shows!

On the other hand, I enjoyed the acts, even Magic Dave and the juggler. I didn't see the ventriloquist. Gotta draw the line somewhere. (Even the WDW Laugh Floor pre-show admits they aren't funny!) My daughter love, love, loved the magic "class" Magic Dave offered. She also especially enjoyed Anyone Can Cook in the kids' clubs.

I enjoyed Brave in 3D, to my surprise. Wait, that's 6 movies my kids have seen! ;) And I'm ashamed to admit, I watched the Hannah Montana movie in its entirety on Funnel Vision while the kids swam. Oh, and The Game Plan. That was late at night and I was tired, so it's not my fault!

Your mileage may vary, of course, and you'll have different offerings on your ship. But I hope that gives some ideas of other things to try. I surprised myself with how many things I tried and liked. But the shows? Not so much. The only good thing is they aren't toooooo long, so they don't take up the whole night. HTH!

14. queenofeverything

queenofeverything Mouseketeer

Dreams was by far everyone in our group's favorite! Twice charmed is great, but did not care at all for Villians.

15. Milio99

Milio99 Mouseketeer

The exact opposite of my family! We thought "Dreams" was lame but all loved "Villians."