What are the best hotel/resorts with pools that have waterslides NON DISNEY ONSITE

bullynj

Earning My Ears
Looking to stay offsite this year, we stayed at Old Key West last year and although it was nice, it was WAY to spaced out and to far to walk to everything, it was actually quite ridiculous. So we would like to try something different and were considering a hotel/resort that had a waterslide/pool that was my sons favorite part of the trip.

We were lookingat Caribbean beach resort, since we visited there last year and the pool features were awesome, loved the private kids area with the fenced in ship/slides etc. So I am looking for some advice, these are the 2 we saw - dont kno wwhat others have waterslides

http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/

Parc Soleil
http://www.expedia.com/Orlando-Hote...rand-Vacation-Club.h2471806.Hotel-Information

Hilton Orlando looks nice but they dont have alot of availability in the early part of April.

My family loves the waterslide and pool area at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa. The rates are usually reasonable and it's not far from WDW. The water slide goes through a pirate ship, which is pretty cool. They also have a zero entry pool which is nice if you have little ones. The rooms are nice and spacious too!

http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/amenities.htm

What do you mean by nondisney onsite? The only true onsite hotels are Disney owned...

Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress has a very nice pool with slide. We've also stayed at Caribe Royale which had an ok slide but overall nice place with 2 room suites. You could look into renting a condo a Windsor Hills which has a pool slide also.

Cypress looks beautiful. A bit pricey but so nice, what isthe difference between staying at a disney resort and a hotel? It seems they have the same amenties really

Bullynj staying onsite at a Disney hotel gives you extra magic hours that are only available to onsite guests. This means certain parks open an hour early or stay open 3 hours later on certain days. Also you have the option of using the resort buses or free parking at the parks if you have a car. We find it convenient to be onsite when visiting the Disney parks. Much easier to go back for a break(nap or pool time) during the day. Also if it appeals to you you can buy a package with hotel, tickets and the disney dining plan. The dining plan is not an option when staying offsite.

Interesting, we dont mind about the late hours but the early ones are important, also what about the parking, we will have a car, how do I know that parking is free with our car at Magic Kingdom, how can we find out?

The Hilton Orlando on Destination Parkway (really International Dr) has an unbelievable water area including a lazy river. I stayed there a few weeks ago and only wished it was really warm enough to enjoy - although they did say the lazy river was heated to 82 degrees.

It's not too bad of a drive to Disney but its via 528 and I-4.

I am definitely planning on going back there when its warmer.

Liz

Interesting, we dont mind about the late hours but the early ones are important, also what about the parking, we will have a car, how do I know that parking is free with our car at Magic Kingdom, how can we find out?

The only way to get free parking is to book a Disney owned hotel. None of the Hiltons etc will get you free parking at Magic Kindom. You can visit the www.disneyworld.com website for their hotels. Also know there are often discounts available for the disney resorts listed at the bottom of their homepage under "special offers".

Also visit the Resorts board on this site and you will get alot of info about the onsite hotels.

Sorry what I mean is a hotel/resort with a great pool and slide.

As far as Disney resorts go, Stormalong Bay, the pool at the Beach Club and Yacht Club resorts probably has the most to do. They are deluxe resorts though so its on the more expensive side. In general I think all the deluxes and most if not all the moderate resorts have a pool with a waterslide.

As far as non-disney resorts, my family liked the Nickelodeon Hotel. It is a larger resort but there are 6 or 7 big Waterslides between the two pools. Its relatively close to the MK but you'll need to factor in the cost of parking at Disney For the days your going to visit the parks.

The only way to get free parking is to book a Disney owned hotel. None of the Hiltons etc will get you free parking at Magic Kindom. You can visit the www.disneyworld.com website for their hotels. Also know there are often discounts available for the disney resorts listed at the bottom of their homepage under "special offers".

I believe you can get a AAA Diamond pass for free parking at TTC and other parks.

I believe you can get a AAA Diamond pass for free parking at TTC and other parks.

Nope. As far as i know the AAA Diamond pass just gives you "preferred parking" closer to the "front", but it doesn't not give you free parking. You still need to pay to park and then you just follow the line /directions to the AAA diamond lot.

The only 2 ways to get free parking at the parks is to stay at a Disney Resort, or with an Annual pass.

Back to the water play area, The Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort has a couple pools with slides. Disney's Port Orleans Riverside also has a pretty interesting pool/play area on the Old man's Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter