• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the benefits of the annual pass?

I think we will get an AP this year for the first time ever for our stay in Jan 2013. Am I right in thinking we should get it sooner than later to beat any possible price increase and it will be good until activated on our trip in Jan. ? We're thinking about getting them because we're planning on staying for 15 days and looks to be cost effective for that length of stay. Thanks.

Some people do do that others buy one every few months to spread out the cost.

Denise in MI

We usually got the non-expiring 10 day ticket but for this trip we got the AP. And we love it. We don't feel guilty about "wasting" a ticket if it looks like rain or it rains and we leave early, if we just want to go in for lunch or we get there on our first day and don't have a full day in the park. Our break even point was six days (we were there for eight and went in for seven) we are going back again in December for Seven days- so those days are paid for.

As for dicscounts, most Disney owned stores gave us 10% on everything (merchandise, sodas, snacks) You have to ask them though. If they didn't take that ask them about DVC discounts- we also bought the TIW card ($75.00) which gave us 20% food and drinks (including alcohol) at alot of Disney restauraunt including some counter service. ( just think ten people at Ohana).

We will continue to get the AP from now on.

One of the perks that I love the most is getting a 10% merchandise discount on purchases at most places in the parks and DownTown :dance3: You have to ask for it though :tinker:

If you plan to go into the park for 6 days or more, get the AP. It is about the same price for a 6 day no expiration hopper pass and a DVC discount AP.

I see alot of people on here talking about getting annual passes. What are the benefits of getting it and is only people living close to WDW that are getting them? Thx!

We love our annual pass. This year we are getting 28 park days.:cool1: 4 trips. It can be more expensive. It burns a hole in my pocket so constantly checking for cheap air fair from Seattle to Orlando. Did it save us Money? yes and no. We go more often. Once it expires we will be taking a year off, save up to do it all again:banana:

We also love getting the AP's and try to plan 2 or 3 trips on them. We currently have 2 trips planned & are considering a 3rd. I have figured out that we break even with the 8th park day. We go down on 3/29 for 6 nights and our first park day will be 3/30. Then we're going back down in August for 9 nights (but hitting Universal for 2 days) so we'll surpass our break even point during that trip with our 7 park days at Disney. Then our spring break for NEXT year falls a week earlier than this year so it's possible we could plan a 3rd trip. That will probably depend on what happens with the cost of airfare over the course of this year and whether or not we decide we can plan to go to Aulani or not next summer. The first time we got AP's we got the Premium ones for DQ and the water parks but then found out we didn't care that much for DQ and we tend not to go to the water parks unless it's summer. So we just pay at the gate with our DVC water park discount when we do those on our summer trips. We will also use the AP discount to buy the TIW card. :thumbsup2

http://allears.net/pl/apass.htm#bene2012

We do not live close but try and get two trips out of one AP. We went last November and will visit again in April and August.

Denise in MI

Much like Denise, I am a northern Michigander and have had an AP on two separate occasions. If you plan(s) your trip right, it can be a big benefit when you compare the cost versus a multi-day PH. I often wish I could make a weekend trip on a whim, but it does make you plan well in advance when considering purchasing and/or renewing your AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter