What are some things you take with you to Castaway Cay?

NY Disney fan

DIS Veteran
If you are traveling with children, what are some things you take off the ship with you for a day at Castaway Cay?

I decided to bring snorkeling equipment instead of renting it and maybe some sand toys, sunscreen, tissues...anything else?

We didn't have a lot of extra space in our luggage so we only brought a few small (cheap) sand toys, along with the usually necessities like sunscreen. DD talked me into buying a relatively cheap snorkle and mask (toy) from a shop. There was plenty to do without bringing much extra. If your kids are toddler/preschool, you probably want at least a couple of sand toys.

Enjoy your cruise!

KTTW card/photo ID/lanyard, sarong, extra big t-shirt, sunscreen, Kindle, camera, bottled water, lip balm, visor or hat, sunglasses, towel purchased on ship (I like to use full sized towels and the ones they hand out are not very big). Next time I will bring water shoes (never needed them in many cruises by last time I could have used them so will bring next time) and some sort of hair twisty/clip.
Oh...and a travel sized thing of baby powder (great in helping get dried sand off your feet/ankles). All this goes in a beach bag or backpack.

MJ

The last time we went to CC (4th of July cruise in 2011), in the afternoon when we were thinking of heading back to the ship it started to POUR rain! Everyone was running for the ship trying to not get soaked. It was warm and nice, but being soaked when we were already so dry would have been uncomfortable. Luckily we hopped on the tram and rode most of the way. but in the line waiting to go back aboard, we got soaked. Ha ha! :rotfl:

So the moral of the story is...if there's a chance of rain and you don't want to get soaked, bring a poncho or umbrella. :)

If you are traveling with children, what are some things you take off the ship with you for a day at Castaway Cay?

I decided to bring snorkeling equipment instead of renting it and maybe some sand toys, sunscreen, tissues...anything else?

Sunglasses for everyone, goggles, water shoes (if you need them), camera and that's pretty much it.

Wow....we actually don't bring anything. Wear bathing suits, wear cover up, already applied sunscreen. Sunglasses on my head.....

I grab a towel off the ramp and that's it. KTTW?

In addition to what's already been mentioned, we take tissues to wipe runny noses and a couple of water bottles. :)

If you want to mail a postcard, $2 cash.

Book, reading glasses, sunglasses, buckets of sunscreen, water bottle.

Nancy

Wow....we actually don't bring anything. Wear bathing suits, wear cover up, already applied sunscreen. Sunglasses on my head.....

I grab a towel off the ramp and that's it. KTTW?

Yes, you need to have you KTTW card...even at CC.

MJ

in addition to what's already been said:

ziplock to keep sand/water off of camera
hairbrush
lotion

Castaway Cay List:

1. Large beach towel
2. KTTWC
3. Photo ID
4. Small plastic cosmetic bag (this also goes with us to the parks and other excursions) which contains:
Advil
Asthma inhaler
Band-aids
Compact Brush
Eye drops (great for eyes that burn from the sea saltwater)
Lotion
Ponytail holders
Small cash for Post Office or Tips
Target gift card for Cabana Staff
Tissues
Travel size contact solution
Tylenol
5. Snorkel gear
6. Sunglasses
7. Water
8. Water camera
9. Water shoes
10. Water video camera

Once we get on the Island we want to stay on the Island. Precious time to soak up the sun!! :beach:

in addition to what's already been said:

ziplock to keep sand/water off of camera
hairbrush
lotion

Not sure if this is helpful but I get a "throw away" (basically a cheap one I don't care about) waterproof digital camera that does video/still photos and use it for beach days. Typically I've gotten very good results and I don't have to worry about sand :-D

http://goo.gl/YJAXH

I've gotten this model cheaper but that's what I'm talking about. It works great!

Castaway Cay List:

1. Large beach towel
2. KTTWC
3. Photo ID
4. Small plastic cosmetic bag (this also goes with us to the parks and other excursions) which contains:
Advil
Asthma inhaler
Band-aids
Compact Brush
Eye drops (great for eyes that burn from the sea saltwater)
Lotion
Ponytail holders
Small cash for Post Office or Tips
Target gift card for Cabana Staff
Tissues
Travel size contact solution
Tylenol
5. Snorkel gear
6. Sunglasses
7. Water
8. Water camera
9. Water shoes
10. Water video camera

Once we get on the Island we want to stay on the Island. Precious time to soak up the sun!! :beach:

Sounds like my list! But I add 2 bottles of spray sunscreen (one just for me ;) ), kindle, wet ones or baby wipes, body lotion, hats...yes, I carry a BIG bag with me ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter