What are some special activities at each resort?

Angel1

Mouseketeer
This year I'm thinking of getting 5 day hoppers, as opposed to APs or LOS passes. As a result, we're going to have a couple of days when we're going to be looking to do some non-park activities.

Do you have any ideas about cool things to do at the various resorts?

The catch is, we'll have an 11 yo DD, 8 yo DD and 3 yo DS.

TIA for your suggestions!

There are, or at least have been, resort tours at AKL, WL (two tours, one of the lodge and one "smokehouse" tour), and the Grand Floridian.

Seeing MK from the observation deck atop CR, for fireworks if possible. Seeing MK fireworks from Poly beach.

Electrical Water Pageant at monorail resorts and WL and FW.

Pony rides, hayrides, petting zoo at FW.

Torch lighting ceremony at Poly.

Storytelling at Arusha Rock at AKL. Have also heard that African CMs sing at AKL in the evenings, but haven't heard about that lately.

Boat from PO to Downtown Disney.

Ladybug release at WL and Poly.

I think that the best thing to do at WL is to sit in the lobby with a book and alternate between reading and napping in one of the very comfortable chairs. That might not work out with the kids though.

Since nobody else chimed in, I think that at WL you can get a handout describing the hidden mickeys and go try to find them.

Watch the geyser spout at WL.

Rent a boat at one of the many resorts with marinas. We rented one at PO-FQ and went over to Downtown Disney area--it was bigger than a water sprite, but smaller than the pontoon boats, had an awning, lots of fun.

CSR and BW have surrey bikes.

That's all I can think of for now!

I am planning a few non-park days as well to take a break. I was going to book Pirate Cruise, Grand Adventures in Cooking and Wonderland Tea Party at the GF. Your 11 year old may not be interested though. I also heard you can rent bikes to ride from WL to FW. That may be fun too.

Thanks Dancing Bear for the other suggestions. I can use them as well. Hey Goofy, I may just take up your suggestion! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter