What are some of the best quick service places?

Atrain13

Mouseketeer
I have a good idea about the table service places we are going to go to but the quick service ones I'm not sure about. Do any stand out over the others? Are there certain ones at different parks that are more of a can't miss?

One thing we enjoy is taking the boat from MK to Grand Floridian (to eat at Gasparela's) or Wilderness Lodge (to eat at Roaring Forks), or Polynesian (to eat at Captain Cook's). We explore the resort a bit while there -- particularly nice during the holidays when they are decorated -- enjoy the boat ride and have a nice break. The menus can be found online to help decide which might have more appeal.

SW

We ate at Columbia Harbor House and were impressed. It was nice to find more than your typical burger/hot dog/taco type stuff. :)

Some of our favorites are:
MK - Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Electric Umbrella
DHS - Backlot Express
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express

For resorts, we love Captain Cooks at the Poly, Mara at AKL, and Roaring Forks at WL.

AK- Flame Tree BBQ (huge portions)
Yak and Yeti
DTD - Wolfgang Puck Express
Earl of Sandwich
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
La Cantina de San Angel

EPCOT: Les Halles (France), Yorkshire County Fish Shop (UK).
Really don't care for Lotus Blossom Cafe (China) - we've always found the dining area clean, but it gets really hot in there, and the food isn't anything better than what we can get at the grocery store.
Also don't like the Electric Umbrella at all. It always seems so dark and dreary inside. Plus the menu is limited when compared to places like Sunshine Seasons (or the ease of picking up different snacks/entrees around the WS). I just read a review saying they'd previously disliked SS, but that the French dip burger is good; however, the menu has it listed for $19.49, which is quite a bit more expensive than most other counter service entrees.

DS: Wolfgang Puck Express (especially a good value on the DDP), Earl of Sandwich. Also heard good things about Cooke's of Dublin

MK: BOG lunch (the inside is lovely, and the food is better than the typical burger). The food at Cosmic Rays is okay I guess, but the dining area always seems so packed and dirty (we've always had to scope out tables and wait for other parties to leave before sitting, and then clean up after previous diners).

AK: We don't usually get entrees here, but like to get fried rice at Yak & Yeti. It's a pretty big portion for not too much money ($3.99 or a snack credit).

Columbia Harbour House at MK
Kringla Bakeri at Epcot
Flame Tree BBQ at AK
Wolfgang Puck Express (great value) or Earl of Sandwich at DS Marketplace

Epcot: Tangierine Cafe, La Cantina de San Angel, Sunshine Seasons. For the best desserts: Les Halles or Kringla (or Sunshine Seasons again)
Hollywood Studios: They're all pretty boring, honestly
Animal Kingdom: Harambe Market. I used to like Yak and Yeti, but they don't have the lo mein anymore.
Magic Kingdom: Be Our Guest (the braised pork is delicious)

We have a couple of favorites:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ, pulled pork sandwich with a side of onion rings, enjoyed on the lower patio looking out over the water towards Everest.
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons for a nice meal, Yorkshire County Fish Shop for a guilty fried food pleasure.

No real favorites in the other parks. We used to stop in to Pecos Bill's occasionally but they have changed the menu. Never have found a QS meal at DHS that we would come back for.

My family's favorite QS: Columbia Harbour House (MK), Flame Tree BBQ (AK), Tangierine Café (Morocco in Epcot), Earl of Sandwich, Sommerfest (Germany in Epcot), La Cantina de San Angel (Mexico in Epcot), and Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (Port Orleans French Quarter)

MK: Columbia Harbor House
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons or Norway Kringla Bakery
AK: Flametree or Yak and Yeti
DHS: There really aren't any great options here. We will do Starting Rolls if open (it closes early) or Backlot Express (it is ok not great but there just aren't many options).

Some of the resorts have better food courts than others, but none of them are worth traveling to a resort to eat in my opinion.

Flame Tree BBQ (AK), Columbia House (MK), Contempo Café (Contemporary), and Earl of Sandwich, Wolfgang Puck Express, D-Luxe Burger (DS)

Our favorite counter-service places are some of the ones which have been listed here already:

Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bill's
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons, La Cantina
Hollywood Studios - Backlot Studios (by default)
Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree Barbecue

We have a couple of favorites:

AK: Flame Tree BBQ, pulled pork sandwich with a side of onion rings, enjoyed on the lower patio looking out over the water towards Everest.
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons for a nice meal, Yorkshire County Fish Shop for a guilty fried food pleasure.

No real favorites in the other parks. We used to stop in to Pecos Bill's occasionally but they have changed the menu. Never have found a QS meal at DHS that we would come back for.
Same here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter