• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are some MUST SEES at Christmas?

akaDaddy

"Thanks Charming, but my daughter's got this."
Making sure I don't miss out on some great info. What do you have to see or do at WDW At Christmas?

At the resorts or in the theme parks? I highly recommending checking out all of the displays at the Deluxe resorts. The GF, Contemporary, Boardwalk, and Beach Club have large gingerbread/chocolate show pieces. The WL and AKL also have pretty impressive trees.

Christmas Parade. It's only during MVMCP until the last week before Christmas, then it's the afternoon parade. It's magical.

Dapper Dans in MK sing Christmas tunes.

Winter/Summerland mini golf. It's all Christmas themed and has great photo ops.

Fort Wilderness. The campers decorate their sites. Rent a golf cart or take a wagon ride. There's a few loops that are walking distance to the MK boat dock too. Check out a sample here.

Osborne Lights sample link in my signature plus

Have a great time.

Making sure I don't miss out on some great info. What do you have to see or do at WDW At Christmas?

My favorite thing is the candlelight processional at Epcot. It's just amazing. The different decorations in some of the Epcot countries are great. The Osborne Family lights at DHS is an incredible experience. Try to be there when they begin. I was so mesmerized I just stood there watching and didn't want to leave. The resorts have beautiful decorations. The gingerbread house at GF is a must see. MVMCP is a lot of fun, too!

As PP have said, definitely the Osborne lights. It's incredible. The Christmas Parade is also not to be missed. The Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian, storytellers at EPCOT, Candlelight Processional, getting the kids' pic with Santa in MK (even though they're too old and complain the whole time hahaha)...

I highly recommending checking out all of the displays at the Deluxe resorts. The GF, Contemporary, Boardwalk, and Beach Club have large gingerbread/chocolate show pieces. The WL and AKL also have pretty impressive trees.

I second checking out the trees at the deluxe resorts. I love the tree at AKL. Sometimes there's a photo pass photographer set up by the tree to take family and character photos.

My favorite thing is the candlelight processional at Epcot. It's just amazing. The different decorations in some of the Epcot countries are great. The Osborne Family lights at DHS is an incredible experience. Try to be there when they begin. I was so mesmerized I just stood there watching and didn't want to leave. The resorts have beautiful decorations. The gingerbread house at GF is a must see. MVMCP is a lot of fun, too!

I agree completely!! Candlelight processional is wonderful!!!

Before my first December visit, I was all about the gingerbread displays amd trees. Contemporary has a display near its gift shop (A&E themed last year), GF has huge ginger house, Beach club has a carousel, Boardwalk had a fireplace scene the year I went. YC had a modest sized train set that I thought was plastic my entire stay, then got home and learned it was all rock sugar.

Parks have ginormous trees. WL, AKL and GF have big trees too. Other hotels seem to have smaller trees.

I agree with everything everyone else has mentioned and I have a few other things to add...

- Castle Dreamlights- while I'm not as much of a fan of the Frozen lighting show and miss the old color combos, it's still worth seeing the lighting once and just gaze at the glistening castle on and off.
- We don't usually make it to DTD, but on one of our holiday trips we did...and they had a neat treat made entirely of lights and classical musicians playing holiday music.
- While others have mentioned Osborne Lights...we like to enhance our experience by buying hot chocolate before heading into the lights
- While it's silly, seeing the Jungle Cruise converted to the Jingle Cruise is fun
- While nothing too crazy, Illuminations usually has a holiday tag at the end
- Celebrate the Magic will have certain holiday elements in the middle

What is the Jingle Cruise?

The make the Jungle Cruise a little different for the holidays now. And call it the Jingle Cruise. Each boat has a holiday related name, there are decorations, and the jokes the skippers tell are holiday themed as well.

Osbourne lights and be sure to check out displays at all the deluxe resorts. The lobby of the Beach Club is always worth the time.

I love the huge tree in the GF lobby.
The chocolate life size carousel horses in the BC lobby is another favorite.
The boat ride over to the WL to see their huge woodsy themed tree in the lobby is another must see for me.
The huge tree in AKL - Jambo is worth a visit.
Germany's shop with all the ornaments is fun as is watching the glass blower make an ornament for you.

Christmas Parade. It's only during MVMCP until the last week before Christmas, then it's the afternoon parade. It's magical.

Dapper Dans in MK sing Christmas tunes.

Winter/Summerland mini golf. It's all Christmas themed and has great photo ops.

Fort Wilderness. The campers decorate their sites. Rent a golf cart or take a wagon ride. There's a few loops that are walking distance to the MK boat dock too. Check out a sample here.

Osborne Lights sample link in my signature plus

Have a great time.

Thanks for the tip on the Dapper Dan's! Would not have remembered the campers at Ft. Wilderness. We'll be at the WLV...where are the campers located? Could we walk over or would the boat be better/quicker? :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter