What are my chances for Cat 1-3?

VAgal76

Your Pirate Name Is - Dirty Bessie Backstabber - G
I'm a total suiteoholic. :blush: I booked a few days ago for a June sailing date on the Magic and of course all the suites are booked. The CM I spoke with I have a good chance of 1 bdrm opening up since they have 18 of them. Can anyone comment on my chances of one actually opening up so close to the 90 day out mark? I'd love to upgrade to any suite, but it just makes me wonder what my actual chances are. They can't see the waitlists o there could be 100 people before me! :eek: :rolleyes: I just want to be realistic. No sense in getting all geared up if there's not a snowball chance in you know where of getting one. :(

TIA :goodvibes

We were also waitlist for about 6 months,I thought for sure we were out of luck,but I got a call about 100 days before our next cruise and got the suite :) I checked back with my TA and DCL every other week or so to make sure I was still on that waitlist although that probably had nothing to do with getting the room,it made me feel like I was doing something.Good Luck!

We booked about 8 months ago in a cat 4. We were wait listed for a 1-3. They told me to keep calling periodically because even if a cat 1-3 came up, if someone called to book one it would be taken before they let the wait list know. It just so happened that I called about someting about a month ago and a cat 2 was available on our cruise. We got it! It's crazy, I know.

the only cat 3's i would want are the four midship cat 3 staterooms (8032, 8034, 8532, 8534)...
which is why i only made reservations on a cruise that i knew i could get one of those (i actually wanted cat 1 or 2 for that cruise but it was too late for those, but i picked the crusie that still had a large midship room available)..

on the second cruise i made sure our reservation was in time for a cat 1....

Okay, I'll start calling them at least once a week or maybe everyday. ;) I booked my current ressie through a TA so I hope they'll let me hold it if I happen upon one. :thumbsup2 pixiedust:

VAgal76 said:
Okay, I'll start calling them at least once a week or maybe everyday. ;) I booked my current ressie through a TA so I hope they'll let me hold it if I happen upon one. :thumbsup2 pixiedust:

for both of our cruises I made our reservations directly with DCL.

VAgal76 said:

Tell your TA to call everyday. :teeth: That's what ours did. ;) We've only been in a Cat 3 (2 different times). We enjoyed ourselves both times. But, we are really looking orward to being in the Roy for 10nts in Sept.

I requested our July 1, 2006 Cat 3 26 months in advance through inventory control. We were called a week after our dates opened up with exactly what we wanted ( mid ship stateroom) . I also just sent a request in for 2008.

Stepht5 said:
Tell your TA to call everyday. :teeth: That's what ours did. ;) We've only been in a Cat 3 (2 different times). We enjoyed ourselves both times. But, we are really looking orward to being in the Roy for 10nts in Sept.

She knows how obsessive/compulsive I am. I don't think she's offended when I do some of the legwork anymore. However, I feel a little weird to ask her to call everyday when I'm on the waitlist. I'm a little shocked that in essence being on waitlist means nothing if someone can nab it as soon as it opens up besides letting it go to the waitlisted folks first. That doesn't make any sense. Why do they do that? :worried: I didn't increase my odds by booking a summer cruise either. I'm kicking myself big time. I shouldn't have let have DH a say in which cruiseline and just book DCL back in December. :rolleyes: Gee, I just realized that I'm my own spoiled brat. Whine, whine, moan, moan! :lmao:

VAgal76 said:
She knows how obsessive/compulsive I am. I don't think she's offended when I do some of the legwork anymore. However, I feel a little weird to ask her to call everyday when I'm on the waitlist. I'm a little shocked that in essence being on waitlist means nothing if someone can nab it as soon as it opens up besides letting it go to the waitlisted folks first. That doesn't make any sense. Why do they do that? :worried: I didn't increase my odds by booking a summer cruise either. I'm kicking myself big time. I shouldn't have let have DH a say in which cruiseline and just book DCL back in December. :rolleyes: Gee, I just realized that I'm my own spoiled brat. Whine, whine, moan, moan! :lmao:

Just keep on calling either your TA or DCL, especially as it gets closer to final payment time. That is usually when inventory drops back in. We have one of the midship Cat. 3 suites (8532) for our October cruise but are also interested in a Cat. 2. So, I have been calling DCL every once in awhile (my TA is working on it too) but I plan to call alot as the final payment date gets closer.
Yeah, I know its a bit obssessive but I gotta try! :teeth:

kaseyC said:
Just keep on calling either your TA or DCL, especially as it gets closer to final payment time. That is usually when inventory drops back in. We have one of the midship Cat. 3 suites (8532) for our October cruise but are also interested in a Cat. 2. So, I have been calling DCL every once in awhile (my TA is working on it too) but I plan to call alot as the final payment date gets closer.
Yeah, I know its a bit obssessive but I gotta try! :teeth:

We were in 8532 for the 14 day westbound Panama Canal cruise last year. You will LOVE that room. Enjoy your cruise!

Was anyone else pixiedusted on a summer sailing with an upgrade to a suite? :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter