What are Must-Do's On The Boat

I would love to know everyone's thoughts as well. We will be sailing on our 1st Disney Cruise in October and I can't wait!! :)
Thanks in advance.
Renee

Must dos:
Sail away party.
Palo ( we prefer dinner).
Order room service just once.
Pirate party/ fireworks.
Golden Mickeys show.
Til We meet again after party. (in the atrium)
Relax the day away Castaway Cay.
Disney dreams show.
Ice cream at scoops.
Get your pillow case autographed by the characters.
If you have kids, leave them in the kids club and just relax or explore the ship.
Try new foods in the dining rooms. Dont miss the Animators show.
come back to the ship early while in port and enjoy the empty pools.

I cant think of any Donts. :)

Must dos:
Sail away party.
Pirate party/ fireworks.
Golden Mickeys show.
Disney dreams show.
Ice cream at scoops.
If you have kids, leave them in the kids club and just relax or explore the ship.

THANKS! THese all sound like fun. One question about the pillow-case. Is this something that the characters are accustomed to? Or is it better to bring an autograph book? Also, if you have a picture of your pillow case; I'd love to see it! Thanks again. :)

The pillowcases get dropped off at guest services the first day (along with sharpies) some have said you get either Mickey and friends to sign or the Princesses. we had all 20 characters sign. it might be because we did the 7 day.:confused3

I dont have any pictures, sorry. Ours was black with gold/silver sharpies.

autograph books are good when you meet the characters on the ship throughout your days there. ( and on a 7 day cruise for breakfast).

Must dos:
Sail away party.
Pirate party/ fireworks.
Golden Mickeys show.
Disney dreams show.
Ice cream at scoops.

I second most of these, except Palo. It's nice and everything, but we felt it was a bit over rated and nobody should feel like their cruise experience is any less if they decide to skip it.

To this list I'd also add...

Celebrate the Journey (if you have kids)
The variety acts on 4 day and longer cruises...never seen one we didn't enjoy!
Walking complete around the ship on deck 4...especially in the evening.

The pillowcases get dropped off at guest services the first day (along with sharpies) some have said you get either Mickey and friends to sign or the Princesses. we had all 20 characters sign. it might be because we did the 7 day.:confused3

I dont have any pictures, sorry. Ours was black with gold/silver sharpies.

autograph books are good when you meet the characters on the ship throughout your days there. ( and on a 7 day cruise for breakfast).

THANK YOU for the information! I'm going to add a pillowcase and sharpies to my packing list. What a great memory for my daughter!!!!

Rebook on board!! Decide later if you want to cancel or change the date but once you walk off the ship there's no getting that 10% discount and OBC (been there, done that).;)

Watching Pirates of the Carribean movies on the Ariel Screen at night while eating chicken fingers:thumbsup2

Joe

My must do's

1. Have fun - lots of it.

2. Relax, its a vacation

3. Realize that you won't be able to do everything - choose the things you want to do.

4. Have fun (oops said that one already - but its important)

Our first cruise, I tried to do all the shows, involve the kids in some of the family shows, watch movies, get character photos. I soon realized that if I planned to do X, Y and Z it wouldn't happen (the kids would rather go to the lab, or they would rather watch a movie etc). There were several items that I would have liked to experience - that's what the next cruise is for :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: (but shhh - don't tell my kids, its a surprise)

-Kay

Must dos:
Sail away party.
Pirate party/ fireworks.
Golden Mickeys show.
Disney dreams show.
Ice cream at scoops.

All goo things to do, but I would do Brunch or Tea at Palo over the dinner. Like the Show in Animators, it is why over hyped and it did not live up to that hype.

Rebook on board!! Decide later if you want to cancel or change the date but once you walk off the ship there's no getting that 10% discount and OBC (been there, done that).;)
I could not agree with this statement any more, this (at least for me) is a must do
Watching Pirates of the Carribean movies on the Ariel Screen at night while eating chicken fingers:thumbsup2

Joe

And this is a must don't. I am in the minority on these boards when it comes to these movies, but I have seen better film on teeth.

I guess now with four DCL trips under my belt my top thing to do is nothing. I don't like leaving the ship anymore no matter were we are docked. I really enjoy the empty ship. I would say, do what you want, it is your vacation. I personaly would not worry about what others would do or don't do, because ultimatly I will be doing what I want to do anyway.

I was recently informed that we are DINKS (double income no kids :rotfl: )..so here are our must-dos and don'ts:

1. DO stop by Cove Cafe in the morning for a latte or other fancy beverage. I never even tried the regular coffee. Its vacation - drink the good stuff!

2. DO go see a movie in the theater, IF they are playing something you'd like to see. Every once in a while we would feel the ship move and suddenly remember where we were. :)

3. DO check out the gym and Rainforest Room.

4. DO sit out on deck 4 (go for the non-smoking side ;) ). Captain Hook came by and *KICKED* the legs out from under DH's chair one day before dinner. :lmao:

5. DON'T feel like you have to go to the show every night. I enjoyed them, but I didn't LOVE them, and we skipped one or two.

6. DO go to dinner at Palo, if you can. We went to dinner, brunch and high tea. It was nice and quiet. Mostly it was nice because it was quiet. :) Not earth shattering, so no worries if you can't go.

7. DON'T feel like you have to run around like a chicken with no head highlighting navigators and running to meet people, and catching tours, etc, etc.

8. DO take naps. :goodvibes

A Must Not:

You Must Not try to do all these Must Do's! Pick a few, do those, re-book, do some more must do's, re-book, etc.

You get where I'm going with this! Our family has done 5 Disney cruise, and we have #6 and #7 booked. There's lots of things we've never done, so we just keep our list, and try to cross a few more things off each cruise!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Must DO the Gym, you could go on forever on the treadmill or elliptical and never know it, the view is THAT GOOD.:thumbsup2

Must DO - rent a bike at Castaway Cay and go on both of the trails, the rest of the island is just as beautiful as the beaches :thumbsup2

DO NOT overplan, it will drive you nuts the whole time.

DO NOT overpack! Nuf Said! :rotfl:

Must dos:
Sail away party.
Pirate party/ fireworks.
Golden Mickeys show.
Disney dreams show.
Ice cream at scoops.

I would write basically the exact same list.

Adding:
Find a hammock and just sway on Castaway Cay. Heaven
Do si Do with Snow White if kids young enough
Dress up for Pirate night

1. Order room service at least once
2. Don't be afraid to ask for a second entree or dessert
3. Order the (adult) drinks of the day - you'll get a yummy drink and (typically) a great keepsake glass or cube.

(Hmmm, mine all seem to be related to food and drinks). ;)

4. If you have kids, take advantage of the kids clubs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter