• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are 'must-do's' for an adult trip?

MinnieMom

Because everyone needs a little magic in their lif
DH and I are going to the world for the first time alone without the kids this September for our 10th anniversary. We've been to DW several times in the past, but always with the kids and we only do things the whole family can do.

We'll definitely hit all the coasters in the parks, but what else would you suggest? Any evening activities?

How about eating at several new restaurants that you've not eaten before with the kids? Or take a specialty tour like KTTK or the Segway in Epcot?

We're going in June finally without the kids and are are eating at several new to us restaurants the kids would not even consider eating at.

I highly recommend going to Jellyrolls Dueling Piano Bar at the Boardwalk. It's a great place to celebrate an occassion--they'll even bring you up on stage and make it extra memorable for you. Tell them Karen from Boston sent you if you go (unless you see Daniel--he doesn't know me).

Take some extra time and really look around the World Showcase . When i go w/o my daughter that is one of my favorite things to do

I agree about Jellyrolls - it's a very fun place!

I also suggest taking the time to wander about without feeling like you're not being pulled in many different directions. Also take some time to check out other resorts, if you haven't done that before. Maybe dine at one of the signature restaurants :goodvibes

LOL - I'm from PA too and DH & I are taking our first trip to Disney without the kids in Sept for our 15th anniversary! We haven't done that since the first year we were married.

We're planning on having dinner one night at Raglan Road to see the band then to Pleasure Island to go to the Adventurer's Club. Also an evening at GFC then down to the beach to watch fireworks.

And as another poster suggested, one of the things we're most looking forward to is just the two of us, eating, drinking and exploring our way through World Showcase.

Hope you have a great trip and a very Happy Anniversary! :)

great to see others who are going w/o kids. We are going for anniversary in July and the people I work with think we are nuts:confused3 We are probably more excited about this trip than the last 2 for sure. Hope you have a great anniversary:yay:

great to see others who are going w/o kids. We are going for anniversary in July and the people I work with think we are nuts:confused3 We are probably more excited about this trip than the last 2 for sure. Hope you have a great anniversary:yay:

same as us. we are going in June for our 25thanni. everyone thinks we are nuts for going to Disney for it. relatives think we are crazy for spending that kind of money for a disney vacation. all say we could go to vegas for less. Dont care about all that ...we love our Disney trips. This could be our last for a few years. maybe until we get some gkids to take and start the process of "disneyfying" the next generations.

DH and I were there earlier this month and we enjoyed trying a few new restaurants. We want to tour all the different resorts eventually.

We go every year without kids (although I should say we don't arrive with kids, but we tend to turn into kids while in the World). Some of our favorite things to do are DEFINTATELY the Adventurer's Club, as well as "drinking around the world" in WS. The behind the scenes tours are something special, and what the heck, its a special occasion, splurge for dinner at Victoria and Albert's, its worth it. Have a magical anniversary!

On our next no-kids trip, I'd love to do one of the tours. Our last trip was really short, only 3 nights/2+ days in the parks, so we just did the parks and hit our favorites. It was nice to ride things together and not have to take turns staying with the toddler. :)

We did the Lights Motors Action show for the first time and enjoyed it. We've never been able to schedule it with the kids and don't want to wait that long and it's pretty loud, too. We also saw Fantasmic for the first time (again, the waiting issue, I guess we don't have patient kids?!).

I can't say we had a relaxing anniversary trip - we hit the parks fairly early (before 10:00), stayed late every night, park-hopped to hit every park in a little over 2 days' time. We spent the last evening (after Fantasmic) at DTD, even. But we had fun! :)

First, I suggest the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island

Next, if you are a fan of the spirits, try doing your own "Drinking around the World" in Epcot. I'm not sure when you are going in September but the Food and Wine Festival begin at the end of the month. I LOVE IT!

If you have extra cash to spare, take one of the fabulous backstage tours. I would recommend the Keys to the Kingdom tour. It is a half day tour of the MK. You get a "free" lunch at Columbia Harbour House and a special pin. AP, DVC, and Disney Visa card members get discounts.

I really love walking around EPCOT and really explore the different countries. I have been to the world many times and I just love finding different place in the world showcase. Just take your time!!!

I've been about 25 times pre-baby and we're planning our first trip with-baby and I'm realizing how different it's going to be! We just can't go and do as we please, especially at night! So this is what I've learned - with a baby....

You cannot do any nighttime activities like going out to a nice, expensive dinner, so plan lots of those if you can afford it.

You can't go to PI or RR, so be sure you head over there.

Also...

I want to take DH to La Nouba, and you can't take a kid, so do that before you take them again.

Riding the thrill rides together is impossible with a munchkin, so ride as many as you care to.

Get drunk and take cab home. :thumbsup2

Have fun! Disney is really romantic! :love:

Thanks for all the suggestions! I can't wait. We've had so many people tell us we're nuts for "wasting" our time going to DW without the kids, but I think it will be great. We are both Disney nuts and feel like we miss out on so much with the kids. Don't get me wrong, in a way I feel really guilty going without them and when they are there they make it all the more special, but this time mom & dad need to do some adult things!

I checked out the tours after reading all the suggestions and I think we'll do the Segway Around the World at Epcot tour. DH would LOVE that! We are only going for 5 nights, so I didn't want to do one of the longer tours that would take up nearly a whole day.

I also booked with the DDP, but am contemplating upgrading to the DxDDP . . . just can't decide, but I did get ressies at CA Grill and Narcoossee's, so hopefully those dinners will be very special! I just can't wait . . . I think I'm worse than the kids!

Oh - I forgot to ask - Can someone tell me more about Jellyrolls and the Adventurer's Club? I remember reading some stuff about them before, but I didn't give it much thought since we have always gone with the kids.

I've been about 25 times pre-baby and we're planning our first trip with-baby and I'm realizing how different it's going to be! We just can't go and do as we please, especially at night! So this is what I've learned - with a baby....

You cannot do any nighttime activities like going out to a nice, expensive dinner, so plan lots of those if you can afford it.

You can't go to PI or RR, so be sure you head over there.

Also...

I want to take DH to La Nouba, and you can't take a kid, so do that before you take them again.

Riding the thrill rides together is impossible with a munchkin, so ride as many as you care to.

Get drunk and take cab home. :thumbsup2

Have fun! Disney is really romantic! :love:

Hey vettechick -- I remember reading your hilarious trip reports a couple years ago! You did have fun pre-baby! LOL!

It definitely is different with a little one along, but it becomes special in a different way. It's so awesome to see the world through their eyes. I LOVE the characters, but probably won't be able to bring myself to 'visit' with them too much without the kids - unless of course I take your advice and get drunk (which will probably happen!) - but, the kids always give me plenty of reason to give them hugs and gush all over the characters - you know, I have to set an example for the kids and show them how sweet and cuddly Mickey is, right?!?!

I'm sure you'll have a blast with your little one.

The Adventurer's Club is this sort of improvisational comedy that is set in uh well "The Adventurer's Club" :) The people working there play characters and in each room of the Club a different scene is acted out. This isn't the best description but it truly is awesome. A lot of regulars go there so it has a great vibe to it. Also, I must recommend the Kungaloosh. Everyone should have at least one Kungaloosh. Or ten.

I agree with most the posters but will reiterate...

Adventurers Club
If you have a car try making it out to City Walk/USO. Emeril's and Tchoup Chop are great restaurants.
Victoria and Albert's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter