What are Keys to the World Tickets and is that really what I need?

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
My boys and I will be getting 6-day base tickets for our December trip, but DH is flying in a couple days late and only needs a 3-day base ticket. Right now we have RO reservations at the CR (no dining plan). Getting DH a 3-day ticket will save us $50 and that's money I'd prefer to put towards our MVMCP tickets. I mentioned this to a CM on the phone while I was taking care of other resort business, and she said, "Instead of getting MYW package tickets, what you'll want are Keys to the World Tickets. With MYW tickets, everyone has to have the same number of days." I filed that away and didn't ask anything else. Here's what I'd like to know before I call back to buy tickets: I'm assuming that these KTTW tickets can be linked to our MDE account and also to our magic bands, yes? Can they be linked to our magic bands before arrival? My second question: are they at all refundable in the way a MYW package is (45 days, I understand), and how is this different from buying standard tickets as I would off the Disney website?

Another option for us is to buy tickets from Undercover Tourist and link them. It would only save me $30 off the Disney price, and I'm a bit worried it may be a hassle if anything goes wrong and doesn't link or read properly at the tapstile. But I'm not ruling that option out.

So what would you Dis-ers recommend in this case? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
What the CM meant to say is "Don't buy a Package, link your tickets separately to a room-only reservation."

Tickets from Undercover Tourist can link to your MDE account without any problems. As soon as you link them, you can book your FPs 60 days in advance of your CR check-in day.

All of your data wil be in your MDE account and your MagicBands provide the link to that data at the entrance tap stiles, FP lines, and your resort room door.

Last edited:
Would everyone recommend (in this case) using Undercover Tourist instead of getting them directly from Disney? Other than saving $30, what are the other benefits? Are they refundable?

I use them every trip. Saves money ( I have a large family so my savings is a lot more) and I like buying them in advance and having them in hand. Linked them on my account without any problem.

The tickets you would get from UT are for all purposes identical to those direct from Disney except for price. Since your ticket says 4 months left, you have plenty of time to order, get the tickets in the mail, and get them linked. Once linked any issues with your tickets/bands would be on the Disney IT side and have nothing to do with where you bought the tickets.

Thanks, everyone! I think I'm going to take the plunge and try UC for the first time. I appreciate your confidence in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter