What are getting for your MyPoints redemptions?

welovedis

Disneyland here we come!
Just curious what you all are getting or if you are holding out to see if they come back. I had redeemed in October for a $10 webbie, yesterday they gave me credit for the points because "WebCertificates are no longer a redemption option". I'm kinda bummed since I do much of my shopping thru MyPoints & use their Visa to rack up lots of "free" webbie money.

Curious if they've done this to anyone else before (credit for the redemption) and then brought the webbies back. I'm thinking the WC option might really be gone for good?

I'm getting the Target GC's. I can always use those - I can't use them for Disney but I guess what I don't spend at Target I can put toward Disney.

I read on another board that he/she contacted mypoints and they are looking to bring webcertificates back but I don't know how accurate that 'rumor' is or how actively mypoints is pursuing bringing them back.

I am holding out to see if they do. We are pretty much set for our trip in January and our next trip isn't until next December. So I have some time to wait.

If they don't come back I'll probably cash out for a rainforest cafe gift card or a target gift card since we spend alot of money there anywayse. We can just set our target money into the trip account.

Thanks, I didn't really about Target, but I guess I'll hold off for a bit as well to see if they do indeed come back.

DH has over 7000 points, I have over 10,000 since we both use the MyPoints CC for everything, then pay it off each month. I use it for every single business expense I can and he uses his for all the household expenses. We rack up alot of points and then use the WCs for Disney Dollars.

We don't plan on going back to WDW for at least a couple of years so there is no time concern, just worried about keeping that amount of points in an account.

I didn't know you could use the WebCertificates for Disney Dollars!! Please post if that becomes an option! I too have 10000+ points in one of my accounts also. The other I cash out as soon as it gets enough for a 20/25 gift card and then just choose one I'll be going to in the next month or so.

After they quit doing webcertificates, I cashed out for 2 Hyatt $25 certs that we are using towards our dayroom at MCO after our cruise, 1 $25 Rainforest Cafe card, and Starbucks cards that I can use towards an airport breakfast. I don't know what I'm going to do with them now, since we aren't going to eat at RFC for our June trip. I really like saving for something to do with vacations from program rewards.

I used my webbies to buy Disney Dollars because I have a WC mastercard, from many years ago when you could get them as a Freeride redemption (long past now). I've had it ever since and liked that I could just rack up the points & then cash out for some WCs, get some DD at the Disney Store to spend on our trips. Bummer if we can't do it, but I guess I will find something else!

I gave in and cashed out for a Jcpenny GC. I'm so disappointed they removed WC, it looks like Sally Beauty Salon GC took it place:sad1:

I have seen them go away before and then come back. I am hoping and praying they come back as I have been saving for a couple of years and was planning on cashing my points in for the webcertificates this year for our Disney Trip in July. I did send a note off to mypoints today but have not had a response yet. I have over 33,000 points and will be really bumbed :guilty: if I can't get a webcertificate that I would cash in for Disney Dollars before our trip.

I have seen them go away before and then come back. I am hoping and praying they come back as I have been saving for a couple of years and was planning on cashing my points in for the webcertificates this year for our Disney Trip in July. I did send a note off to mypoints today but have not had a response yet. I have over 33,000 points and will be really bumbed :guilty: if I can't get a webcertificate that I would cash in for Disney Dollars before our trip.

I usually just get Target, as I can always use Target money. But I did just cash out for $50 in Rain Forest as we plan on eating a meal there in March.

Disney related I cashed in for a $100 Marriott gift check to use on the way home for our hotel room (since we are driving). I cashed in my greenpoints for a $50 gift check for the room on the way down.

I've got another 14000 or so by the end of January & will probably cash in for a Home Depot card to do some painting & stuff around the house.

I will probably cash out for gas cards since we drive down also - or maybe a restaurant GC so we can have a nice dinner while driving down instead of fast food.

I was done with webbies a long time ago anyways since they started doing the inactivity fees. My last few dollars got eaten up with fees and I never added any more.

I sent a note to my points customer service. Here is their response to me:

We sincerely appreciate your interest in Webcertificate redemptions. Unfortunately Webcertificates are not currently available for redemption. We are in contact with Webcertificate and are working on having
Webcertificates available for Holiday redemptions as soon as possible. Please be sure to check the "Redeem" section of the site to see great offers that are currently available. Thanks again for your continued patience.

It sounds like they will be back sometime soon. I would recommend just keep checking for those that want to use webcertificates especially for their Disney trip as I do.

Thanks for the info, perhaps we'll just sit tight and hope they are back soon. Man, some of you guys have so many points! Do you pay your mortgage with the card or something? Just wondering if there is any other way to maximize my point potential! :)

What are web certificates? How do they work?

Here's the website http://www.webcertificate.com/webcert/ it's like a virtual credit card. You can use it anywhere that takes mastercard online or you can request a actual hard credit card (they charge a fee for that) to use it anywhere mastercard is accepted in stores.

I use it to purchase disney gift cards through the disneyshopping website then use those in the parks.

I stsrted MyPoints strictly for Disney related expenses and have redeemed for RFC GCs. Last fall I redeemed for $50 webbie for my son'd b-day gift. He ended up ordering through Overstock, so in the future I will probably redeem for Overstock or Barnes & Noble GCs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter