What are evenings like in Disneyland when lows are forecasted as 50?

JenB1104

Mouseketeer
We are going next week and forecast is saying highs in the low to mid 70s during the day and lows of 49/50 each night. Would a sweatshirt be enough for evenings then? We are used to CO weather where those temps feel colder with hardly any humidity. Trying to figure out how to pack - thanks!!

a simple hat or hoody will retain your body heat with thick sweatshirt. What you will notice is the metal be a conduit for moisture condensation. Everything is dripping drops of water. We always notice this at Autoipia Thin mittens or glove will also help. And also the condensation dew point may also happen during park hours.

We were there this week: the highs were in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s. We wore hoodies in the early AM and late PM with shorts or jeans most of the week. We were a bit cold one night, but hats/hoodies helped as did huddling together while watching Fantasmic/parades. We just stashed our hoodies/sweaters in a locker during the day, and re-dressed for the evenings. It felt a lot like our late springs/early summer (we're from the north west).

When we got home late Thursday night it was 45f (~8C), and it felt so much colder. I think the breeze off the ocean here is much cooler than in CA, as it was really only a few degrees colder.

It's all relative...to me a high in the 70s is "sweatshirt weather." :laughing:

I would suggest long pants, of course, and gloves and a hat really do make a difference.

I was there three weeks ago with similar weather (it was colder than normal that week). A thick hoodie may be enough. I had lightweight sweaters with us so some nights we layered both a thing sweater and hoodie, others just a hoodie. Also if you are waiting for a parade or WOC you may feel cold just standing around as we were warmer when moving around and on rides. we stayed at camelot so we always headed back around 4-6 at night to rest, drop off/reload water & snacks, and change our clothes.

I would agree with Sagginit -- sitting on the ground waiting for parades/shows makes it seem much colder to us. It's worth it to me to stash some kind of extra layer (or a blanket to sit on) for the nights, but you know your family best. My kids are SoCal natives, so the 50s is cold to them!

It got down to about mid-50s on Monday night and wearing a fleece jacket and jeans kept me warm just enough to be comfortable while walking around, but standing in place felt a bit chilly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter