What am i doing wrong?

happiestever

Earning My Ears
I have always hovered around the same weight for the last six years including getting right back after three pregnancies. The last nine months have included a big change in climate and activity level but meals are very much the same. I have gained a whopping 50 pounds. I have gotten back into running, albeit very slowly and have actually put on extra weight since.

I am wondering if I should try a drastic change in diet, perhaps low carb or no refined sugars. I need some ideas here because this is really getting me down. I keep seeing the scale moving upwards and I just can't believe me eyes!

I am hoping to get some input here or at least understanding. My friend says it is because I am getting older but I am not even 30 yet! Ugh I am feeling so discouraged thanks for reading if you got this far.

I saw major changes after my early twenties. My body was so much less forgiving about diet and exercise. The bottom line is, whatever the cause, your calories in are more than your calories out.

I would consider checking with your physician or nurse practitioner to ensure that your endocrine system is working properly (i.e. no hypothyroid or diabetes at play).

The bad news is that it gets worse! I am facing that with just turning 40 and I have to work soooooo hard to lose weight and keep fit. I have to stay on top of it constantly and even in weeks will see loss of muscle mass and fitness levels if I stop. It is awful.

This is a terrific place to get ideas and support. :dance3:

Oh and My Fitness Pal website is a great place to track activity and calories and can maybe help you pinpoint where you need to make changes?

Yes do check with your Dr. They can rule out thyroid on metabolic problems. I use myfitnesspal myself though not as regularly at tracking in prior months as I was at one time when I first joined. I'm back to motivation to track foods and get some exercise routine going again with the early plannings for an April Disneyland/Six Flags trip. I want to get off a good amount of weight by then.

I would definitely check with your doctor first.:) I had the same problem in Janurary. I went to my doctor and they ran a thyroid test, but low and behold it wasn't my thyroid. :confused3

So my doctor scheduled an appointment with a nutritionist. :thumbsup2 She changed my LIFE!!! My first assignment was to keep a food diary.....Wow...I was shocked at how much I was consuming:sad2:
I had tons of "empty" calories in sodas, sweet tea, snacks, and finishing the leftovers on my daughter's plate....We can't waste food...Right? :rotfl:

Then she suggested a huge lifestyle change for me, cutting out most processed foods and eating "clean". At first I thought I wouldn't survive, but I did! Now, I'm down 30 pounds and feeling so much better. I eat a lot of veggies, fruit, and lean protien. I have a lot of energy and I'm not hungry.
The weight has been slow coming off, but I'm hoping I can keep it off this time around. It's been more about a lifestyle change than a "diet" for me. I can't tell you how many diets I have tried, lost the initial weight, then went back to my old habits. Plus, I end up gaining back what I lost and then some. :scared:

i was going to chime in to see your doc first too! i have a hormonal/pituitary disorder that caused me to gain weight. not saying that's what you have, but i beat my head against the wall for a couple years before it was bad enough i took notice

:welcome: to WISH!! feel free to jump into any thread/groups of WISHers that can support you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter