What age were you when you really started to notice aging looks wise?

I’m about to be 45 and I started noticing in the last year. Wrinkles around my eyes and I have the dreaded old lady neck.

My own or other people’s? It often occurs to me, when I see an acquaintance I’ve not encountered for a while, that they have aged, and I wonder if I’ve aged as much, because I don’t really notice it in myself. I’m still in pretty great shape, wrinkle-wise (now I’ve probably just jinxed it) but I am now super-freckly, especially on my arms and hands and without hair dye, I’d have a lot of gray.

I am 49 and have started to notice some changes.. a few grays here and there. ( I find out I am lucky as many start covering gray much earlier).. I have though noticed it seems like overnight many of my HS friends in FB suddently look much older.... scary how fast they changed. I hope I didnt too and I just didnt notice! lol..

I have been using retinA for decasdes, so I dont have wrinkles.. but in return adult acne

Age 42- I don't like to wear foundation anymore because it creases badly with my "expression lines" lol and also noticed my skin gets much drier now.

About 55 for me. I started turing gray at 23 so I died my hair after that. I could still wear a bikini at 50 but noticed after that work outs were getting harder to do, blew out both my knees so no jogging and it started getting harder to keep my weight down. My face started showing wrinkles around 55 and my neck started getting the old lady wrinkles. I've let my hair go natural now so it's probably about 80 percent gray with dark brown/black undertones and the wrinkles are definitely there.

After my hysterectomy at 48, I started aging seemingly almost overnight. I went from looking young for my age to passing a mirror and wondering who that middle-aged woman was. Around that time I also stopped coloring my hair because it was going a pretty silvery white, and that's made me look older, too. I don't much mind looking old. Hate feeling the changes in my body and slowing down. I'm just about 55 now, and man do I look and feel it.

Just this past year and I'm 74. When I have to show my ID for something I always say... "I don't know who the old guy in the picture is". I know I have aged everywhere but I notice it more in my hands and also that I bruise easily even if all I do is think I'm running into anything. I know it was inevitable but I am thankful that it didn't start earlier even though I started to go bald at around 22 years old.

My hands give me away if I forget to put lotion on , but my face doesn't really show my age. I have one deep wrinkle in my forehead, but that's it.

I have very oily skin, which has kept the wrinkles at bay. Our family goes grey very young (one aunt was completely grey at eighteen) so I started using hair color in my early twenties. I actually notice it more in my younger sister than me, but she has very dry skin so she wrinkles more easily. I would say I noticed her around forty, but I didn’t notice much on myself until the past year or so. Not that I am looking older, but different, if that makes sense.

67, after I had a heart scare. That's when I really started to notice it in my face. My hands still look young.

Just this past year and I'm 74. When I have to show my ID for something I always say... "I don't know who the old guy in the picture is". I know I have aged everywhere but I notice it more in my hands and also that I bruise easily even if all I do is think I'm running into anything. I know it was inevitable but I am thankful that it didn't start earlier even though I started to go bald at around 22 years old.
yeah, I started going gray in my early 20s after I had my first kid. I've noticed over the past year or 2 that the grays are growing in patches and are more noticable now, I'm early 40s and I've never dyed my hair but I'm considering it now. I've got some wrinkles on my face that aren't super noticable unless I'm smiling or frowning, etc, but it's my hands that look the oldest, don't know if you were referring to looks when you said it was your hands but for me it's that my hands look old. They are always super dry so that probably makes the wrinkles worse.

Not sure when it started, but it still happens periodically. I don’t pay much attention to mirrors, just use them for some purpose as needed. Once in a while I take a longer look and realize all over again that I don’t really look like I picture myself looking anymore. And it comes as somewhat of a shock each time!

yeah, I started going gray in my early 20s after I had my first kid. I've noticed over the past year or 2 that the grays are growing in patches and are more noticable now, I'm early 40s and I've never dyed my hair but I'm considering it now. I've got some wrinkles on my face that aren't super noticable unless I'm smiling or frowning, etc, but it's my hands that look the oldest, don't know if you were referring to looks when you said it was your hands but for me it's that my hands look old. They are always super dry so that probably makes the wrinkles worse.
I see nothing wrong with women dying their hair. For some reason it just looks stupidly obvious on men. That's the same as wigs. Women can use a wig and look terrific, but a man always looks like he glued a rodent to his head. So the moral of the story is... if it makes you feel good do it. My youngest daughter dyes her hair, she's 47 and looks great. My other daughter just a little older, doesn't and I am amazed at how much older she looks. If I had hair and could pull it off like women can, I would be first in line. But alas it is quite unattractive to just color your scalp.

You will notice that many people get fat removed from other areas that might have copious amounts of useless fat and get it relocated in the area that have a lot of wrinkles. After thinking about that I looked in the mirror myself and to my surprise at 74 I have very few wrinkles. I am however overweight so I have concluded that instead of going to a plastic surgeon to have them move it from one place to another, just have another plate of spaghetti and enjoy life. We only go around once.

I had to go to the dermatologist a few years ago and the exam room had posters for fillers with the before and after photos and closeups highlighting problem areas. I really could have done without that because now what I would have never had noticed or cared about before I started noticing on other people and now am starting to notice on myself.

I'm thinking my hands. They're not like I remember once on a news program where a doctor asked a couple of newscasters to pinch their skin on their hands to demonstrate photoaging. One was in his late 60s and his skin noticeably took time to spring back. The 30ish newscaster did the same and it sprung back quickly. I'm kind of in-between now.

But I also got a new passport and I can't stand to look at my picture. I wasn't so concerned 12 years ago.

Still - I was at a restaurant and got to chatting with some Western Australian visitors. I mentioned that I remember Skylab falling over WA, and the guy said he didn't think I was old enough to remember. I told him my age, and he said something "You don't age, do you?"

I'm feeling pretty fortunate since my body doesn't hurt every day and I don't have any major medical issues. I know of people my age who have bad knees/hips/shoulders and I fortunately don't have such. But I do have mild arthritis in a finger that was previously dislocated, but that's supposedly pretty common and felt like it years ago.

When I was 52 and the gray hair showed up in pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter