• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What age were you when you bought into DVC? *** POLL ***

How Old were you when you Bought DVC & Did you pay Cash or Finance

• Age 23-30 Cash in Full

• Age 31-40 Cash in Full

• Age 41-50 Cash in Full

• Age 51-60 Cash in Full

• Age 61 + Cash in Full

• Age 23-30 Financing

• Age 31-40 Financing

• Age 41-50 Financing

• Age 51-60 Financing

• Age 61 + Financing

Results are only viewable after voting.
30 and financed, but paid it off in 2 years---and then the add ons started:)

"30 somethings" seem to be the target audience here......Makes a lot of sense since we are getting about 50 years give or take of vacations.

We were mid-forties...paid cash for first contract, financed add-on. We're waiting for youngest to finish college before we pay off our loan.

Early 40's and paid in full. We scrambled every year to find something to do for the spring break. Never, ever considered Disney with all the horror stories of crowds but that's only at the parks. We stayed with DVC owners last year and had a very relaxing week. Sold! Should have done it much earlier.

23 and cash. Well, parents paid cash as they went in on it with us, and then I began paying them back my half. Then I went to law school and they were kind enough to buy my half back from me to help, but still let me come along. Plan is that someday I'll be able to pay to bring them along and they wont have to anymore.

We bought 430 OKW points and 270 BWV points with cash, and 300 BCV points with financing...

So since the bulk was cash, that is what I will vote :-)

I was 38, and my wife was 31.. :thumbsup2

And yes, we financed. Contrary to popular belief, financing doesn't add THAT much to the cost/point after it's spread over the life of thye contract. It still comes out much more cost effective than paying cash at a deluxe.

MG

I was 30 something and DH was 40 something. We financed a 150 pt. contract thru Disney (when 150 pts. was still the minimum). No regrets.

Now we get to go on at least one nice vacation per year without being stressed out over the cost.

My monthly payments are small enough that I don't even miss the money, so when we do go on vacation, it feels like all we're shelling out for is airfare (I get a cheap fare most times) and meals (I make breakfast, lunch and occasionally dinner; Mickey ice creams, pina colavas and most dinners we splurge for).

I save $$ for extras in a coffee can (my version of "the little bank" for those of you who are fans of "I Remember Mama"). You'd be surprised how spare change (a nickel and a quarter here, $1 or $5 there) adds up over six months. The coffee can paid for DH and I to go to SSR Spa last February. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter