• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What age were you when you bought into DVC? *** POLL ***

How Old were you when you Bought DVC & Did you pay Cash or Finance

• Age 23-30 Cash in Full

• Age 31-40 Cash in Full

• Age 41-50 Cash in Full

• Age 51-60 Cash in Full

• Age 61 + Cash in Full

• Age 23-30 Financing

• Age 31-40 Financing

• Age 41-50 Financing

• Age 51-60 Financing

• Age 61 + Financing

Results are only viewable after voting.

TiggerMan2007

Mouseketeer
I know there is another thread similar to this, but I wanted to make it a poll question. I thought it would be nice to see the actual stats on this, so please, even if you do not post to this thread, at least answer the poll question.......PLEASE?

How old were you and did you finance or pay cash?

Thanks!

We financed, but were able to get it paid off within a year with some adjusting, etc. :wizard:

I bought when I was 33 and financed, but paid it off in 2 years.:banana:

We are in the 23-30 age range and paid in full. We waited until we could afford it. However, the minimum points were only 150 pts and the price was a lot less than it is now...I think it was in the $80-$85/pt range and they also had an discount of $8/pt (I think). Now we did an add on and we had to finance it.

...we were in our mid 40's and financed.

Since we paid cash for our house, the mortgage deduction helped--a little bit!

If you are under 23 and a DVC owner, just select the "23-30" category.......I cannot EDIT the poll questions. Sorry! :)

Thanks!

Very interesting poll TiggerMan2007!! It will be interesting to see the results, We were in the 31-40 range and paid cash

I was 50 and DH was 51, so I used the 51- answer for paid in full. We then made an additional purchase the following year nearly doubling our points.

I was 40, almost 41 when I became a member. I paid in full for 175 points. Then waited 6 months or so and bought an add on for another 50 points (paid in cash) when I was 41. I'm really thinking hard about another add on if CRV is a reality. If not, I may be satisfied with what I have now. :lmao:

Bought just after our 40th birthdays, we are a day apart. We have since added on three times.

We probably won't add-on this year, but next year is a maybe.

I wonder how many years away the additional category of "Inherited my DVC membership from my parents estate" will need to be added to polls like this one? :rotfl2:

Bought just after our 40th birthdays, we are a day apart. We have since added on three times.

We probably won't add-on this year, but next year is a maybe.

There will be a lot of adding on next year, especially when they officially announce and let us buy CRV!!!!......I know we will add-on!!!!.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter