What age for 7DMT?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Grandparents, taking our 4 & 6 yo granddaughters to WDW. They've seen pictures of 7DMT and since they like Snow White and 7 Dwarfs, they think it would be fun. Is it OK for their ages? They do meet the height requirement.

My 4 year old daughter it! Do keep an arm around them so they don't bonk their heads. All in all very smooth and calm coaster.

Absolutely! It is really a family attraction-nothing scary about it. The ride is very smooth. They will love it.

My daughter rode it at 4, and LOVED it, but I agree with keeping arm around (I think it's more for adults peace of mind than anything, but I still do it when I can and she's now 7 :) ).

She also loved Test Track and Big Thunder at 4, and I felt comfortable with her riding those too.

My three year old was tall enough so we took my 3 and 5 year old on. We also had an arm around them. They both hated it and we were shocked because last summer they rode a roller coaster at a local amusement park 5 times and it was the same speed. 7DMT was of course so much smoother of a ride and fun when it slowed down to show Snow White and the dwarves so I do not know why they hated it lol!

It was my four-year-old's favorite ride. He hated the rough rides (BTMR, Space, even Barnstormer). But LOVED the mine train. I did hold on to him very tightly.

Call me crazy but my daughter was just shy of three when she rode and love it. She wanted to ride again but didn't understand the whole long line and we didn't have fast passes again. Her face in the picture seemed a little bug eyed but she is the type of kid that is going to give me a run for my money with her no fear thrill seeker attitude.

DS rode 7DMT at ages 3 and 4 because he met the height requirement, and really enjoyed it. He prefers BTMRR and Splash, though, which is good because they're easier to get on!

My 4 year old was cranky when he went on 7DMT so he wasn't thrilled with it, but I think it was just his mood. He had been on BTMRR a couple days before and LOVED it. He just barely met the height requirement for Space Mountain so he wanted to try it and he was a little scared of that one.

My youngest just turned 5 when she rode 7DMT. It was her first coaster. She loved it so much that she was over the "baby" rides. She told us she wanted to feel her tummy tickle again.

DS screamed a scream I've never heard come out of him before when he rode 7DMT last year (he was 4 and 40" tall). Tried a second time since I thought maybe he was just "surprised" and would be better now that he knew what to expect, but he was NOT a happy camper. Had to give up my mine train FP+ for the next 2 MK days since it was just me and him on that trip. So, just be prepared for ANY reaction :)

My almost 3 year old rode it and loved it. But he had been on a bigger kids coaster at Dutch wonderland over the summer and loved that, so we figured he'd like 7 dwarves. It's very smooth.

just be prepared for ANY reaction :)

Actually, I should know that's probably true. On our last trip, we discovered that DGD, 2 yo, was petrified of heights, so she screamed and wouldn't go on Dumbo. What kid won't do Dumbo?

Definitely appropriate for a 4 and 6 year old. I took my 3 year old and he did just fine. It is quite mild. They may not like it, but it's definitely worth a try.

Our oldest DD was riding Rock n' Roller coaster and Tower of Terror when she was 5. 7DMT wouldn't even be scary for her. It's a fun little ride. :)

DS rode it at 4 and loved it, then at 5 he refused to ride it. Make them see videos of the ride (real POV ones) and decide if they really will like it. At that age I will be more concerned with their tolerance for wait lines. Not sure at what time of the year you are going but in the summer even with fast pass or at rope drop you may be in for more than an under 5 kid can handle before they start to get impatient (which in my experience is ~ 20 minutes). Also, will they be OK with a 2 minute ride they cannot get on again if they love it unless they do another really long line? (learned this the hard way, I was that mom that had to take his 4 yo screaming out of 7DMT because he wanted to ride again and refused to get off). I think 7DMT is bumpier than people make it seem though, but I rode it 5 months pregnant, so that may be why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter