What age counts towards occupancy?

maznorm

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I am looking at booking a standard room at ASM. Everything I have read states that they allow 4 people and one infant under 3.

When I enter our family's details, which is 2 adults & 3 children aged 9,8 and 2, it says we would be over the room occupancy. Obviously, I don't want to over occupy the room but I thought a child under 3 didn't count towards that anyway.

Where am I going wrong?

Hi,

I am looking at booking a standard room at ASM. Everything I have read states that they allow 4 people and one infant under 3.

When I enter our family's details, which is 2 adults & 3 children aged 9,8 and 2, it says we would be over the room occupancy. Obviously, I don't want to over occupy the room but I thought a child under 3 didn't count towards that anyway.

Where am I going wrong?

It shouldn't be a problem. I have made countless reservations with under 3s where we would exceed occupancy if they were 3 or older. I think you list them As infant. I would call

*they have to be under 3 at the start of the trip.

Definitely call to make your reservation. I can't tell you how many times I've read posts from people who have had the same problem. You'd think by now they would have fixed this particular glitch.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, he will turn 2 years old a few weeks before we go so definitely under 3 years old. If I booked online but marked him as an infant would that cause a massive problem, seeing as he is technically still counted as that without the glitch. Just trying to avoid the phone call as A) I'm in the UK and B) I hate talking on the phone.

Thanks again.

We had to call as well when we booked AOA with 2 adults 4 kids and 1 infant. It would not allow booking online for the same reason as you stated.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, he will turn 2 years old a few weeks before we go so definitely under 3 years old. If I booked online but marked him as an infant would that cause a massive problem, seeing as he is technically still counted as that without the glitch. Just trying to avoid the phone call as A) I'm in the UK and B) I hate talking on the phone.

Thanks again.

My youngest is four, so it has been a while--

But I thought the options were infant and then 3,4,5 and so on.

There will be no issue listing as an infant.

And you are limited to one child under the age of three for free. If you have more than one under the age of three, one will count towards occupancy.

Just one infant so that's not a problem. The UK site asks you how many children and what their ages are. Where you put the ages in it offers Infant and then 2 and then 3 and so on. Should I just put infant? I think I'm going to have to call :scared:

I would try it online and list him as infant. If that doesn't work I would just list the 2 that are older. He's free anyway so it shouldn't matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter