what age are kids? can they order off adult menu?

DIS Veteran
My daughter will turn 12 on our cruise and eats off the adult menus now.
I didnt know what age they let you order off the adult menus?

thanks! :flower:

The servers will do anything for you, I don't have first hand experience but I really doubt they would have a problem with your daughter eating off the adult menu. A lot of the past servers I had brought extra food for us to share anyway so quantities of food is not a problem.

Yes, they more order off the adult menu whenever they want. In fact, our DD (now 10) has ordered off the adult menu quite often (since she was 7.) :flower:

Anybody can order from any menu....kids from adult and vice versa!!!! DCL staff is there to cater to your every desire....well, not EVERY desire!!! But they will certainly want your dining experience to be excellent and will do/bring whatever you want, if at all possible.

MJ

My kids were 4, 6 and 7 for our last cruise. The younger 2 ordered off the adult menu a couple time. My youngest would rather have a chicken breast than fingers and steak over a hamburger.

On the flip side.. I like to have my Mickey Ice Cream bar!!

Jess

When my 2 year old ate so much of my pasta with vodka & cavier that we ordered her her own. Nobody even blinked an eye.

She has very expensive tastes.

I ordered Mickey Bars from the kids menu... for my children, yea for my children ;-)

Anyone can order off either kid or adult menu at any age. You can also "split" a menu--your child can order an appetizer off the kid menu and a main course off the adult menu if desired. You can order a Mickey Bar for yourself if you'd like.

Basically, they will try to do whatever you'd like--even to the point of trying to get you something not on the menu if possible. One day, DD wanted a bowl of blueberries instead of mixed fruit......it came. She also had broccoli every night...whether on the menu or not.

Any one can order off the adult menu. My then 6 year old daughter ordered her starter and dessert off the menu. :cool1:

And if you don't see something on the menu and would like to have it, just ask. If at all possible they will feed you whatever you want. On our first 7 day cruise we thought for sure Key Lime pie would be on the menu sometime. The next to the last night we mentioned to our server that we love Key Lime pie and were surprised it had not been offered. The next night at dessert time our server brought a whole key lime pie to our table for dessert! He asked the pastry chef to make one for us! Actually, we did not even have to ask, we just mentioned we like it alot.

On the Wonder this past June, my 8-year old son ordered steak off of the adult menu two nights. (Like his Dad, he's quite the carnivore! :teeth: ) Not only did the server not bat an eye at the request, when he brought the steak out he insisted on cutting it up for my son! You could tell he does it often...He was about as fast with that knife as a chef in a Japanese steak house!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter