What about Beaches and Cream for our first night??

BABYJOSIE98

DIS Veteran
Since we were finally were able to get our SW flights changed to morning I can make some plans for Sunday now!!! :cool1:

I wanted to try something different this trip. We will be staying at the BWV and I was reading about Beaches and Cream and it sounds like a perfect way to start our trip... :goodvibes

Since they don't let you make ADR's there???? What is a good time to go. We will be arriving on Sunday May 28th. I was thinking maybe 4:30 or so to get burgers,fries and Ice cream??? :confused3

We usually go to Ohana the first night, but we have other famly flying down during the week so we are saving Ohana for Thursday night. :goodvibes

Gosh so much planning...But I love it! :woohoo:

Hi Michelle,

B&C is tiny and it is pretty much always crowded. Add to that the crowds on Memorial Day weekend, and it will be tough to find a good time.

We always go when it opens (11 or 11:30) and we usually get seated right away.

Another good time to go is mid-afternoon, after the lunch rush and before the dinner rush. But 4:30 might work, there's no way of telling for sure.

B&C is one of our favorites.

We usually go at opening too, or around 2 pm.

This time we're going to go on our first night too, around 4 pm.

Hope you enjoy it!

:goodvibes We arrive at 11:00 am in Orlando after a very early morning flight from St.Louis. So maybe we can get checked in and swim for a bit and then head to eat around 3 ish??? That is between lunch and dinner and I know we will be starving by then. ;)

I have always wanted to go there??? If not we have other choices on the Boardwalk. :cloud9:

I will make sure I stay away from lunch and dinner rush..... ;)

A good plan, but you need to have a plan B in case Beaches & Cream is packed when you get there.

Nearby restaurants that serve similar food are ESPN Club and Dolphin Fountain. I haven't eaten at ESPN. Dolphin Fountain is very similar in menu to B&C but not as good. There is also Yacht Club Galley which has average food but seems reasonably reliable. These are places that you can probably get in without a reservation and are (AFAIK) open at 4:30.

Cape May doesn't open until 5:30 and it may be tough to get in without a reservation.

We always start our trip by going to B/C. We try to arrive between 2:30 - 4:00, after that its very difficult to get in, usually a wait of 1 to 1.5 hrs wait.
Do have a backup plan just in case.

Gosh, we have always lucked out and gotten seated right away at B & C. We usually go around 8. We're planning to go again Fri., May 19. Hope we can get in!

My DH & I went here on our first night last May. It was very crowded but I think we only waited about a 1/2 hour to get seated. We sat at the counter which we didn't mind (since this was our kidless anniv. trip ;) ) We had a blast and the food was so good!!

We will make sure that we go around 3:00 pm. I do have a list of other options in my travel folder. I am a compulsive planner.....My family thinks I am crazy...But my planning pays off in the end!!!! :banana: :banana:

I can't wait! :thumbsup2

We go to Beaches and Cream at least once on each trip. We generally go around 4:30. We've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes.

Maybe we've just gotten lucky.

We ate at Beaches and Cream our first night when staying at the Beach Club! It was just great. We had to pinch ourselves to believe we were really there. Thanks for bringing back that memory. We ended up sitting at the counter since that was faster than waiting for a table. The kids thought that was really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter