• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What about a trip to DisneyLand?(Bringing out our Inner Child °O° December 3-7 '09)

2 weeks from today I will have my first FULL day at DL :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Would just need the PoC crew bounding out of the back of the UPS truck to deliver the packet on the end of a sword.pirate:
Slightly OT: Anyone care to join the studio audience for the recording of The Wanda Sykes Show, 7 p.m., 4 December? Free tickets are available through FOX Broadcasting.

I am going to pass... sticking to the 2 parks. But thanks!

I am going to pass... sticking to the 2 parks. But thanks!
On 2nd thought, think I'll stick to DLR, too. Want to maximize my opportunities to enjoy the DLR holiday decorations after dark and snowfall.:earsboy:

Sha - I sent you a PM about when I will be able to come and meet you. I am excited for you to experience the original especially when you see main street realize that Walt really walked here and look up at his apartment above the fire station and know he slept there. I think those small things are what make DL so very special. :love:

Reserved an extra seat for an early lunch at the Blue Bayou.pirate: I've found a table for 2 is always next to the water when the restaurant first opens. I look like the dude in the photo if you want to meetup. See you there at 11:30 a.m.

Reserved an extra seat for an early lunch at the Blue Bayou.pirate: I've found a table for 2 is always next to the water when the restaurant first opens. I look like the dude in the photo if you want to meetup. See you there at 11:30 a.m.

Enjoy! I won't be there until later Sat. or early Sun.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Just think... in a week from today I will be in both of the Original Disney Parks in one day!!!

Awesome! That is definitely going to help with packing :goodvibes:goodvibes

This is Bill Brown with a DLR weather news update provided by www.weather.com:mic:
Thursday sunny 73H 46L; Friday partly cloudy 72H 46L; Saturday partly cloudy 69H 46L; Sunday partly cloudy 64H 45L; Monday showers 67H 43L.
I decided to take the longer scenic coastal route back home, Tuesday, avoiding the Grapevine and potential snow delay issues.

I called Disney Travel to add an extra night (7 December) and was advised it would cost an additional $225 and a switch over to Motel 6. Went to www.motel6.com and booked an additional night for $41.39. Lesson learned, don't change reservations bought from Disney Travel. BTW, I've stayed at the Motel 6 Maingate (#1066) several times in recent years and I'd rate it as equivalent to a room at a WDW value resort, except that Motel 6 #1066 offers WiFi access for $2.99/24-hour period.

Here is a list of who appears to be interested. Bold are the ones I know are still interested.

I am still wanting to do this.. even if the numbers are dwindling down.

1. Jenroc (the trip will be in memory of Jen)
  2. Sha
  3. Bill Brown
  4. Master Mason
  5. Brian_WDW74
  6. CoMickey
  7. Nurse.Darcy
  8. PrincessKell
  9. nutz2notz
Just curious, who's still planning to be there, 3-7 December?

I will NOT be there in December. I am going in January with Watank. I live on the East Coast now and need to plan DLR trips. . .
:sad2:Bummer to miss seeing you again, this time on the West Coast. I am definitely hooked on DLR or WDW in December. May do WDW for December 2010.

I did it!!!! 2 kingdoms in 1 day! Rode HM and PotC in both parks. Will eventually post a pic of me on both Main Streets. I remembered a picture of Jen with her arms spread wide and that is the way I did it too. She was definitely there in spirit! I came under the train station and into town square when the fireworks started. It was a great way to end a VERY long day!

I did it!!!! 2 kingdoms in 1 day! Rode HM and PotC in both parks. Will eventually post a pic of me on both Main Streets. I remembered a picture of Jen with her arms spread wide and that is the way I did it too. She was definitely there in spirit! I came under the train station and into town square when the fireworks started. It was a great way to end a VERY long day!
Congratulations!:worship: Bet we crossed paths as I was conking out and leaving DL just before 8 p.m. Will see you about 10 a.m. this morning by the water wheel in DCA, the only non-CM wearing a uniform.:cool2:

Congrats, Sha! I'm so glad that you were able to make your wish come true. Jen is definitely there with you in spirit, as your previous posts on Facebook attest. The rest of us who aren't there on this trip, well, we are there too with you in spirit :goodvibes Have an awesome trip!

REALLY cool that you got to do this Sha. And I know Jen was there with you!! I think of her often and miss her alot.

Now its time to say goodbye
to all our company.

M-I-C

see you real soon
K-E-Y

why? because we like you
M-O-U-S-E.

I am so glad I did this trip! I had a wonderful time talking to CMs who saw my button and asked questions, some of the other guests who helped me have a magical time, Disboard friends who were there or by telephone/text and Jenroc who was definitely there with me in spirit! Will talk to you all after I get home later tomorrow (today actually LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter