What a disaster!!

New development!!!! I haven't even finish my web site for all my Disney pictures and a scrapbook waiting to start. Now, I am adding another project under my belt. I must be begging for punishment. :lmao:

I am creating a vacation photography book. It will be a soft cover with somewhere between 12 -24 pages. I am very exciting about this new project. This project will be a lot more difficult than people might think. I have close to 700 complete pictures but only about 70-80 images will make the cut. Every images must be re-process and go through color adjustment for print purposes. Typically images you post on internet are not suitable for printing.

I have a few of the world best color printers at my disposal but I would rather outsource to the online vendor. They have better paper selection. Even if I choose to print it myself, by the time I purchase all the material, it would still be costly.

Any way, here is a first rough draft of my world premier book cover.
BookCover1.jpg

Hi TopDog

If you decide to sell your photo book, I would buy one for myself and a bunch as gifts for other people (depending on the price, of course! ;) ).

Day# 7 (Saturday) Valentine's Day Part 4

After we got out of Wolfgang Puck Cafe, we knew we have some last minute shopping to do. Since we were at the West side of DTD, we must walk all the way back to the other end of DTD for shopping. It felt like forever walking toward the shopping area because my left foot was throbbing a little but it doesn't stop me from keep shooting pictures.

DTD_DIS7170.jpg

DTD_DIS7172.jpg

DD_DIS7183.jpg

DD_DIS7178.jpg

DD_DIS7179.jpg

While we were walking, DW began to notice I was limping a little and concern about my foot. I told her it wasn't that bad. If it was bad enough, we can always sit and rest. I didn't even tell her my other foot began to bother me.

Once we got back to the shopping area, we went to multiple place to do our last minute shopping and there wasn't really a whole lot to purchase anyway. We picked up a couple of golf shirt at the ESPN store for our friends. We went thru every single Disney store, large or small, to look for the Mickey margarita glass. Unfortunately, not a single store have it. We then went to some sort of a cooking store and picked up a small item for DW's cousin, Mickey's head sugar cube, go figured. I picked up a Mickey coffee scoop. After that, we stop over to the pin trading place. We don't trade nor collect pins but we did picked up a few just to say we have them. Strangely enough, we collected so much Disney stuff through out the years, pins were not one of them. Only if you knew the kind of Disney stuff we have been collecting from the past. WDCC was my major weakness. It took me a great deal of will power to stop buying them. I haven't bought one for almost 10 years.

After the pin trading shop, DW needed to use the restroom and I decide to sat in front of the fountain and watch the kids play. My goal was trying to get a few experiment shots of the fountain with the kids. After more than 50 shots, all I got was just a bunch of blurry pictures. My experiment fell miserably.

_DIS7226.jpg

_DIS7228.jpg

_DIS7262.jpg

When DW was done, she want a few shots with the Christmas guys.

B_DIS7284.jpg

B_DIS7285.jpg

By then, I looked at my watch and it's already passed 4:00pm. Since there wasn't much for us left to do, we got onto the bus and headed right to Boardwalk because our last dinner ADR was at Flying Fish Cafe.

BW_DIS7288.jpg

It took a while for the bus to arrive but that was okay to us because we were in no hurry to get there. It took us nearly an hour to get to Boardwalk from DTD. Long wait at the bus station and lots of stop. We were stuck behind someone's vehicle at the Dolphin resort entrance. Some one has to guide us to backup the bus in order to get around. By the time we arrived BW, it was a little pass 5:00pm.

We basically just walk around the entire boardwalk from one end to the other. Cross the bridge into EPCOT and back, then from one resort to another. Go thru every single gift shop at every resort.

BW_DIS7290.jpg

YC_DIS7294.jpg

YC_DIS7298.jpg

Still...no second glass. By then, we pretty much gave up. During our walk around the resort, DW made a comment how nice all the Boardwalk resort are. I said, "Yes, the Boardwalk resort are nice but...the Wilderness Lodge is just breathtaking." No offend to anyone who like the Boardwalk resort. I am just the Wilderness Lodge kinda guy, that's all. LOL...

We did all the walking we possibly can and now my feet, my legs were really hurting. So we went into the Boardwalk Villa lobby and planted our behind on the couch because I just can't walk any more. We sat there for almost half and hour. My legs felt a whole lot better. My feet were still hurting but not as much. Although it was only about 6:30pm, we decide to head over to FFC even our ADR was at 7:05pm. and see if we can get seated early.

Hi TopDog

If you decide to sell your photo book, I would buy one for myself and a bunch as gifts for other people (depending on the price, of course! ;) ).
Really!?!? I would be happy to sell it. Let's me see how's the first copy comes out first and see what kind of arrangement I can make with the vendor or my friend's print shop.

Really!?!? I would be happy to sell it. Let's me see how's the first copy comes out first and see what kind of arrangement I can make with the vendor or my friend's print shop.

TD -- I think you will need to "fly under the radar" with sales of a book of photos from WDW. Disney is rabid about copyright protection. Low key personal "deals" are likely to go unnoticed, because they can't be everywhere (I was in a restroom at a restaurant near Stongehenge that was decorated with hand-painted Disney characters and just figured that no corporate watchdogs had passed through there!). I will try to watch for signs at the parks that warn about that -- that say something to the effect that "any photos taken must only be for personal use and not resale" and let you know.

(I will be there in 9 or 10 days, and will probably do my trip report on my travel blog: http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/mecllap/ which so far has a Grand Cayman trip, and a Europe trip [and I still need to add more photos to it])/ -- since we will be staying both off-site and on-site).

And, really, you've read trip reports that took people a year to finish!?!?!? (well, I guess it may take me that long to get more photos up on my blog!).

I wanted to say your trip report is great! I'm still in the middle of reading it but you reminded of my photography hobby mywelf. I have a canon xsi, a 70-200mm f4 lens, a 10-22mm zoomf4.5 and a 50mm 1.4. I really love take pictures, and I specialize in weddings and portraits.

I just got back from Disney yesterday, but I didn't bring my SLR with me. I didn't want anything to happen to it but sometimes I totally wished that I did. So I brought a point and shoot instead as well as a Holga 135BC for some artsy shots.

Keep up the great TR! It's a lot of fun to read. I should be composing mine soon, but it's not going to have the same caibur of photos that you have!

TD -- I think you will need to "fly under the radar" with sales of a book of photos from WDW. Disney is rabid about copyright protection. Low key personal "deals" are likely to go unnoticed, because they can't be everywhere (I was in a restroom at a restaurant near Stongehenge that was decorated with hand-painted Disney characters and just figured that no corporate watchdogs had passed through there!). I will try to watch for signs at the parks that warn about that -- that say something to the effect that "any photos taken must only be for personal use and not resale" and let you know.

(I will be there in 9 or 10 days, and will probably do my trip report on my travel blog: http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/mecllap/ which so far has a Grand Cayman trip, and a Europe trip [and I still need to add more photos to it])/ -- since we will be staying both off-site and on-site).

And, really, you've read trip reports that took people a year to finish!?!?!? (well, I guess it may take me that long to get more photos up on my blog!).
Thank you for the warning mecllap. I heard something about how protected Disney about their character copyright.

I am looking forward to your TR. I wish you and Figgy have a fun and magical trip. pixiedust:
I wanted to say your trip report is great! I'm still in the middle of reading it but you reminded of my photography hobby mywelf. I have a canon xsi, a 70-200mm f4 lens, a 10-22mm zoomf4.5 and a 50mm 1.4. I really love take pictures, and I specialize in weddings and portraits.

I just got back from Disney yesterday, but I didn't bring my SLR with me. I didn't want anything to happen to it but sometimes I totally wished that I did. So I brought a point and shoot instead as well as a Holga 135BC for some artsy shots.

Keep up the great TR! It's a lot of fun to read. I should be composing mine soon, but it's not going to have the same caibur of photos that you have!

A Holga!!! :eek: Now that's something you don't see everyday. Where do you even get one?? I hope you will add those shots in to your TR.

I shot a few wedding too. Too much pressure for me. I am more into landscape and action.

Thank you for reading my TR.

Great pics - once again! I can't wait to go to the World of Disney store! It will be my first time - and it looks like so much fun! The pictures of the Boardwalk are beautiful! WL is our favorite resort, too, but there are a few other we would love to try one day!

Love the pictures of the BWV! I still have not made my way over there yet but hope to in December. Looking fwd to reading your review of the resturant. And oh man about your feet and legs. :sad2:

Once again you have done it... Your pictures are fantastic. I am looking up to you for my inspiration for my July Trip.... and praying I get the hand of the camera when I get there... Been playing around a bit but nothing as close as yours. I dislike the automatic so getting used to the settings on my own are crazy....

Other than that... Wonderful....

Although I am quite worried about your foot

TD:

Loved the update. I'm getting bummed that you haven't found that second margarita glass. And we still don't know what's going on with your "dogs" (LOL!). :rotfl:

Well, I'm sorry that this TR is getting so close to the end. It's sure been a fun ride, huh? :thumbsup2

Oh, and what's WDCC? :confused3 I'm guess Walt Disney Collector Cups? Correct me if I'm wrong...

We basically just walk around the entire boardwalk from one end to the other. Cross the bridge into EPCOT and back, then from one resort to another. Go thru every single gift shop at every resort.

YC_DIS7294.jpg

Beautiful shot! :cloud9:

Wow! That's an awful lot of walking to do with "pokey" feet!!

Kathy

You really make me want to check out the Wilderness Lodge. I'm just not an "Outdoorsy" type of girl. Lol. Another great update. I just love DTD!!! :)

Hi, Topdog
I have been following your thread since the beginning of this month. WOW. you have really beautiful pictures. Because of your pictures, I looked up classes at the local community college so I can take beginners photography. I am really looking forward to the start of classes. Looking forward to viewing your webiste.

Wow! For someone with "pokey" feet you sure did cover a lot of ground! What a trooper you are. I'm sure you didn't want to spoil your DW's last day at Disney. What a bummer you didn't find another glass either! Well, hopefully you will at least have a delicious dinner in a wonderful setting to end your trip. popcorn::

Having never been to WL, I'm am going to take a boat ride over there and check it out this trip. Sounds & looks like a nice place to stay.

Great pics - once again! I can't wait to go to the World of Disney store! It will be my first time - and it looks like so much fun! The pictures of the Boardwalk are beautiful! WL is our favorite resort, too, but there are a few other we would love to try one day!
That place is huge. You can sink a lot of money in that place. :laughing:

If we ever opt to try other resort, we are going to have a hard time to pick a different one. That WL is a tough act to follow.
Love the pictures of the BWV! I still have not made my way over there yet but hope to in December. Looking fwd to reading your review of the resturant. And oh man about your feet and legs. :sad2:
My feet were very painful at the time. As soon as I sat down, I just don't want to move.

You have to be careful at BWV. There is a bakery there. We walked in and then walked out immediately. Afraid we might gain a few pounds just by breathing in there. :laughing: The pastry in there looks too good to pass.
Once again you have done it... Your pictures are fantastic. I am looking up to you for my inspiration for my July Trip.... and praying I get the hand of the camera when I get there... Been playing around a bit but nothing as close as yours. I dislike the automatic so getting used to the settings on my own are crazy....

Other than that... Wonderful....

Although I am quite worried about your foot
Thank you. Just keep practice. I would start with shutter mode first then experiment with aperture mode. Occasionally I do use manual mode once in a blue moon. In general, when shooting outdoor with decent amount of sunlight. Set the shutter at 1/160 secs and let the camera select the aperture for you.

As for my feet, one word, "PAIN!!!"
TD:

Loved the update. I'm getting bummed that you haven't found that second margarita glass. And we still don't know what's going on with your "dogs" (LOL!). :rotfl:

Well, I'm sorry that this TR is getting so close to the end. It's sure been a fun ride, huh? :thumbsup2

Oh, and what's WDCC? :confused3 I'm guess Walt Disney Collector Cups? Correct me if I'm wrong...
You will know what happen to my "paws" soon, I promise. The ride certainly was fun, just not my feet. LOL...

WDCC stands for Walt Disney Classic Collection. It's figurine for all the Disney characters and certain scenery. I have been collecting for years. My pride and joy were Jolly Roger and the Beauty & the Beast castle. I have many other pieces too like the evil queen from Snow White and the Sorcerer Mickey from Fantasia. After a while it became too much and too expensive. I even have a few sculpture from WBCG, Warner Brothers Collectors Guild.
Beautiful shot! :cloud9:

Wow! That's an awful lot of walking to do with "pokey" feet!!

Kathy
I never even realize how much ground I have covered at the time until afterward. No matter why my "paws" turn from pokey to pain.
You really make me want to check out the Wilderness Lodge. I'm just not an "Outdoorsy" type of girl. Lol. Another great update. I just love DTD!!! :)
Wilderness Lodge...there is no substitute. Even if you don't stay there, you need to check out the lobby at least once. It's that breathtaking.
Hi, Topdog
I have been following your thread since the beginning of this month. WOW. you have really beautiful pictures. Because of your pictures, I looked up classes at the local community college so I can take beginners photography. I am really looking forward to the start of classes. Looking forward to viewing your webiste.
Thank you. Taking classes is a great start for photography. More importantly, practice, practice and more practice. Don't worry about the picture comes out good or not. Experiment all the setting and change them as your see fit. You will then develop your own style. I hope you will enjoy your new find hobby.
Wow! For someone with "pokey" feet you sure did cover a lot of ground! What a trooper you are. I'm sure you didn't want to spoil your DW's last day at Disney. What a bummer you didn't find another glass either! Well, hopefully you will at least have a delicious dinner in a wonderful setting to end your trip. popcorn::
I know...it was a lot of walking. At one point, I was going to rob some one else scooter to give my feet a break. :laughing: Next update, our last Disney dinner and we went all out with a bang.
Having never been to WL, I'm am going to take a boat ride over there and check it out this trip. Sounds & looks like a nice place to stay.
The Wilderness Lodge lobby is just magnificent. My pictures just don't do the justice. After that, you need to walk over to the Wilderness Lodge Villa as well to see the Walt Disney museum. They had Walt's train set on display.

I missed a bunch of updates! For good reason though! I WAS IN WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! :woohoo::yay::cheer2: Now it's time to start another trip report and I haven't finished March yet! :rotfl:

GREAT IDEA doing a book! I'd like to do one myself but I'm too lazy. :rolleyes:

I love the pic you took of Mickey in the boat! :thumbsup2

The Wilderness Lodge lobby is just magnificent. My pictures just don't do the justice. After that, you need to walk over to the Wilderness Lodge Villa as well to see the Walt Disney museum. They had Walt's train set on display.

You learn something new every day. This is my new thing for the day. Have you ever been to the World of Disney Store in NYC? If so, how much bigger is the one in DTD. I've been to NYC one but never DTD one.

I missed a bunch of updates! For good reason though! I WAS IN WALT DISNEY WORLD!!! :woohoo::yay::cheer2: Now it's time to start another trip report and I haven't finished March yet! :rotfl:

I think that's a great reason to miss!!

You are just a wild one. :rotfl2::rotfl2: I hope you didn't run into another "crack" or a nut job server. :lmao::lmao:
You learn something new every day. This is my new thing for the day. Have you ever been to the World of Disney Store in NYC? If so, how much bigger is the one in DTD. I've been to NYC one but never DTD one.
Yes. I'be been to the WOD at NYC. The one at NYC has multiple floors and the one at DTD is only one floor but cover a lot of ground. From what I can see, I would say the one at NYC is most likely bigger than DTD. However, both places carry different merchandise. DTD store carry a lot of park related stuff. I like how you can create your own Mr. Potato head there. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter