What a disaster!!

MK is my favorite park!! I hate when people cut in line. That makes my blood boil!!:headache:
I hope your feet started feeling better!:goodvibes

I think that everyone has a pic of trying to pull the sword out. :lmao: Wouldn't it be neat if after so many times, the sword actually came out??

Boy, I want those feet to feel better soon.

Ok...so I am home sick :sick: today and have been addicted to this TR! The pics are AMAZING!!!! We are taking DD in September for her first trip, and I am hoping there aren't line cutters...that makes me soooooooooooo mad :mad:

Topdog, I have really enjoyed your report!! It makes me "homesick", but in a good way. I can't wait to get back. I am definitely looking forward to seeing the rest of your pics!!
Thank you. My TR is not over yet. So stay tune... :surfweb:
Great photos, a usual!!! I hope your pokey foot isn't broken!! And rope drop is called that because they "drop the rope" at park opening that is holding everyone outside the park before opening hours.

The first time we went to WDW (a very long time ago lol), they had a rope they held everyone behind. I think it was at the end of Main St. They dropped it when the park opened.
I guess rope drop is a symbolic thing or do they still use the rope. Can any one confirm?? Bueller..Bueller??

Hi Topdog! Great photos as usual. Oh no on 2 pokey feet now! :sad2: I love TTA for how calm it is and how long the ride is. It really is a nice break.

I also love Mickey's Philharmagic.

Bummer on those line cutters at Peter Pan's. :headache:

I've never ridden the River Boat before. You got some great shots of the HM on it :thumbsup2

And :yay: for finding the lens cloth you wanted with Mickey on it :thumbsup2

Your pictures are making me ready for my mini Trip this weekend. I'm going to Orlando (leaving tomorrow) to go visit my BFF and to celebrate my wedding anniversary :thumbsup2 We'll be @ the parks on Saturday. Going to shoot for 3 of them. MGM (for Star Wars Weekends), EPCOT (mainly for TT and Soarin') and MK (it will be open until Midnight!). This will be my first time really getting to try out my new dSLR so I'm really excited :woohoo:
:yay: You are going to a mini Disney trip. I hope you are able to take some pictures and post them on your PTR. I have tried to read up on your PTR but just don't have enough time to caught up and comment. I need more time in my life. LOL...
I am so sad that you TR is over.:sad2:
Please let us know when you publish the rest of your pictures!!!
Thank you for sharing your memories. Looking forward to mine in just 98 days!!!
No...No...No...my TR is far from over. We only had breakfast on day 7. There are still lunch & dinner I haven't cover yet. Please stay tune... :surfweb:
TR is not over just yet, right, TopDog? Are we going to find out the source of the "pokey" foot troubles?
You are correct Mickey4ever. This TR is going to end with a "BANG"...well maybe I exaggerate a bit but stay close. :surfweb:
Where is this? It looks like a nice place to eat.

I was going to ask that same question!

Great report TD:worship:
I wish I can tell you but I have no idea what that place is. All I know it's in the Liberty Square area. Maybe some Disney expert here can come up with an answer?? Bueller...Bueller...anyone??? :rotfl:
MK is my favorite park!! I hate when people cut in line. That makes my blood boil!!:headache:
I hope your feet started feeling better!:goodvibes
Thanks. Stay close and you will find out what happened...
I think that everyone has a pic of trying to pull the sword out. :lmao: Wouldn't it be neat if after so many times, the sword actually came out??

Boy, I want those feet to feel better soon.
Ha! Ha! I would probably hide the sword and kept it for souvenir if it did came out. :rotfl: As for my feet, that's another story.
Ok...so I am home sick :sick: today and have been addicted to this TR! The pics are AMAZING!!!! We are taking DD in September for her first trip, and I am hoping there aren't line cutters...that makes me soooooooooooo mad :mad:
Yay! September is a great month for Disney. Attendance usually is low at that time. Weather is still kinda warm but tolerable, just a tad humid for me. I wish you have a wonder and magical trip!! pixiedust:

Oh...and thank you for reading my TR.

Topdog, I just realized that your trip was the same exact dates our trip would have been! And we would have stayed at the WL too!

Great pics! I have never been to a park for rope drop so it was neat to see some of what goes on that early in the morning. MK is my favorite park. It is our first stop on our first day of our trip, the last stop on our last day of our trip and the last stop of every day inbetween. :goodvibes Your pics make me feel like I'm in the park- I sure do miss it. Mickey Philharmagic is at the top of our must do list. Donalds dangling feet make my DS laugh every time. Peter Pan's Flight is on our to do list, but the line is always waaaaaay to long for us to wait.

And :goofy: rocks! He is my favorite character!

So, we have the lens cloth, no glasses, and 2 pokey feet. I have a bad feeling about those feet :scared:. I can't wait to see what we are having for lunch. I hope you can get one last smoothie before heading home. popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Suddenly, about a dozen of people cut into the already long line because they were with this one guy that was way deep ahead of the line. Oh boy! This does not sit well with DW. I told her to calm down. If it happens again, we will just leave. Low and behold, in less than 2 minutes, another small group of people were doing the same thing. By then, we had hit our limit. The line hardly moved and our next ADR at DTD is at 1:00pm. I am in no mood to watch DW to take them down, so we left.

Topdog, that last line really cracked me up! :lmao:

You get full credit for preventing another Valentine's Day Massacre!!

Boo-hoo! :sad1: It's so hard to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom!

Kathy

Topdog, I just realized that your trip was the same exact dates our trip would have been! And we would have stayed at the WL too!

Great pics! I have never been to a park for rope drop so it was neat to see some of what goes on that early in the morning. MK is my favorite park. It is our first stop on our first day of our trip, the last stop on our last day of our trip and the last stop of every day inbetween. :goodvibes Your pics make me feel like I'm in the park- I sure do miss it. Mickey Philharmagic is at the top of our must do list. Donalds dangling feet make my DS laugh every time. Peter Pan's Flight is on our to do list, but the line is always waaaaaay to long for us to wait.

And :goofy: rocks! He is my favorite character!

So, we have the lens cloth, no glasses, and 2 pokey feet. I have a bad feeling about those feet :scared:. I can't wait to see what we are having for lunch. I hope you can get one last smoothie before heading home. popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::
Ha! Ha! Won't that be fun you catch me running and rolling around at WL with my camera. I am sure you would've never guessed that was me until you read this TR.

Ever since my co-workers saw my picture with Goofy from my 95 trip, they all said I looked like Goofy with my long hair. I've been stuck with Goofy since then.

Actually, we did got one glass on the date I lost my wallet, remember?! As for my pokey feet, I am afraid it doesn't get any better and it truly tested my pain management skill as well. :scared1:
Topdog, that last line really cracked me up! :lmao:

You get full credit for preventing another Valentine's Day Massacre!!

Boo-hoo! :sad1: It's so hard to say goodbye to the Magic Kingdom!

Kathy
:laughing: Valentine's Day massacre!! That's too funny. To be honest, my DW usually tried to keep her martial art skill really low profile. Who would've thought a caucasian woman would know Karate? People usually more afraid of me instead. But if necessary, she would not hesitate to kick some serious booty. I just don't want to stick around to pick up the mess. LOL...
Cool trip those pics look awesome!
Thank you . Glad you enjoy them.

OK rope drop. If the park lets you past the turn styles before they open, like 8:45 on a 9:00 opening, then they will let you get so far where there will be an actual rope.

IN Epcot it is in front of that really big fountain. Name?? Beuller??
MK if you go towards Tomorrowland, the rope is right after you cross the bridge.
AK. The rope is at the entrance to Discovery Island
DHS Right where Sunset Blvd meets Hollywood Blvd.

Then after the show, they "drop the rope" and the stampede begins. :scared1:
I go in June, so there are always a lot of people there. I guess at less busier times, WDW doesn't need to do this.

Does this help??? Beuller?? Beuller??? (I love that movie):love:

OK rope drop. If the park lets you past the turn styles before they open, like 8:45 on a 9:00 opening, then they will let you get so far where there will be an actual rope.

IN Epcot it is in front of that really big fountain. Name?? Beuller??
MK if you go towards Tomorrowland, the rope is right after you cross the bridge.
AK. The rope is at the entrance to Discovery Island
DHS Right where Sunset Blvd meets Hollywood Blvd.

Then after the show, they "drop the rope" and the stampede begins. :scared1:
I go in June, so there are always a lot of people there. I guess at less busier times, WDW doesn't need to do this.

Does this help??? Beuller?? Beuller??? (I love that movie):love:
Thanks. Now that give me something to look forward to on our next trip so I can have another photo op. Like I haven't taken enough pictures already. :laughing:

Have a magical trip in June!! :thumbsup2 pixiedust:

Where is this? It looks like a nice place to eat.

That's Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island. It used to serve sandwiches, drinks and Icecream I think. It hasn't been opened the last few times we were there so I'm not sure it's still in business.

Ever since my co-workers saw my picture with Goofy from my 95 trip, they all said I looked like Goofy with my long hair. I've been stuck with Goofy since then.

Is that why your screen name is "topdog"? :confused3 (cool name, by the way!)

Ha! Ha! Won't that be fun you catch me running and rolling around at WL with my camera. I am sure you would've never guessed that was me until you read this TR.

Actually, we did got one glass on the date I lost my wallet, remember?! As for my pokey feet, I am afraid it doesn't get any better and it truly tested my pain management skill as well. :scared1:

I wouldn't have known you before, but I think I could spot you and DW now from all your pictures. I will definately say HI if I ever see you there.

Oh yes- you did get the one glass. I guess its time to go back and reread the TR and look at all the pics again! This is such a busy vacation!

That's Aunt Polly's on Tom Sawyer Island. It used to serve sandwiches, drinks and Icecream I think. It hasn't been opened the last few times we were there so I'm not sure it's still in business.
Thank you for solving the mystery.
Is that why your screen name is "topdog"? :confused3 (cool name, by the way!)
My screen name "topdog" was originated from an arcade I used to hang out in the early 80s. I used to play video game there until 5 o'clock in the morning. Then when I start driving my VW, I put on a lot of miles. I average about 38,000 miles per year. So things wear and tear quickly on the VW and I have to fix it constantly. It has 378,000 original miles on it right now and I still drive it daily. I fixed it so much, people thought I know how to troubleshoot VW better than dealership mechanic and they start calling me topdog mechanic.

A couple years ago, Disney send me a promo on some of their online merchandise and I decide to get a monogram travel bag, all for only $14. "Topdog" pretty much became permanent and I added my favorite character Goofy on it too.

topdogBAG.jpg

I wouldn't have known you before, but I think I could spot you and DW now from all your pictures. I will definately say HI if I ever see you there.

Oh yes- you did get the one glass. I guess its time to go back and reread the TR and look at all the pics again! This is such a busy vacation!
Next time, I will wear on of those LGMH tag so you can spot me. :)
Hi TopDog,

I was wondering... what is "pokey feet"?

Allen
Hi Allen. That means it felt like something was poking under my feet which it turns into pain eventually. :scared:

Thanks for explaining how you got your name. Wow!

Love the bag by the way. You got a deal to get that for $14! I just love a bargain!

Day# 7 (Saturday) Valentine's Day Part 3

When the boat arrived WL, it was almost noon. I still took more pictures at the fall, the restaurant and some more from the lobby. DW wants to go back to the room to drop off our souvenir, use the restroom and call the L&F one more time. So by the time we came back down to the bus station, it was pass 12:20pm. Cutting a little close because our ADR this afternoon is Wolfgang Puck Cafe at 1:00pm. The bus took a little longer than usual to arrive.

By the time we arrived DTD, it was already 1:00pm. We had no idea the specific location of the restaurant. So we got off the bus when we came to the first stop. All I can remember was we got off the bus and we went to look for a map. Once we identify where the restaurant was, we literally ran faster than when we did "Power Disney". Obviously, that didn't do any favor to my feet. Now my left foot is really hurting but some what manageable. My right foot still felt pokey. Since I tied my shoe fairly tight, it sorta help not to create any friction between my feet and the shoe while running. That kind of ease the pain a little bit. Nonetheless, it was not a good feeling. Little do I knew, had we got off at the next bus stop, we would've been a lot closer to the restaurant then we didn't have to ran.:mad:

Once we got to Wolfgang Puck Cafe, the restaurant was not crowded at all. The hostess seated us immediately. She took us to this corner table with a view that over look a body of water. On the other side of the water, I believe it was the Saratoga Spring Resort. Quite a pleasant view for lunch. However, I was focusing on what to order so I totally forgot to take a picture of the view.:rolleyes1

First, DW and I both have the Mango Ice Tea.

WPC_D7_mangoicet.jpg

Then the bread arrived.

WPC_D7_bread.jpg

For appetizer, I order the Crispy Calamari - Montery Bay calamari, marinated English cucumber with sweet curry aioli. The amount of calamari they gave me was huge but I still managed to clean out the plate. I love that sweet curry sauce. Very different!!:thumbsup2

WPC_D7_P_appetizer.jpg

DW had the Teriyaki Beet Satay - Cilantro mint vinaigrette and cucumber salad. This is an interesting dish. Teriyaki is a Japanese flavor and Satay is a Thai flavor. I am not sure how it taste when these two clash. But as long as DW likes it, it's all that matter. From what I can remember, she didn't left any for me to try it.

WPC_D7_B_appetizer.jpg

Finally main course, I had the Rigatoni with Beef Bolognese sauce - Artisan pasta with braised beef, tomatoes and fresh basil. Another huge dish. Again, I still managed to eat every bite with room to spare.

WPC_D7_P_maincourse.jpg

DW had the Rigatoni with Tuscan Vegetables - Rigatoni pasta in a spicy tomato sauce with rapini, cherry tomatoes, wild mushrooms and spring peas. Unfortunately, despite her best effort, DW could finish it all. The portion was just too much.

WPC_D7_B_maincourse.jpg

For dessert, DW choose to have a Key Lim Pie. That's her favorite desert.

WPC_D7_B_desert.jpg

And I have a simple chocolate cake. The cake was very very good.

WPC_D7_P_desert.jpg

Despite I have read many complaint about the Wolfgang Puck Cafe restaurant. I thought it was a pleasant surprise and this was a last minute change on the ADR because I miscalculated on our dining point. The waiter was very good and prompt. Food was hot. I honestly can't think of any thing to complaint about other than we ate too much. So once again, we have to walk around to digest our lunch. I can feel the pain on my foot is slowly getting worse before we even walk out of the restaurant.

Next time you're going to "Power Disney" (some people call that going "commando" --I like your term better), use Bodyglide on your feet -- the bottoms and heel area. You get it at a store for runners (and some outdoors stores, or on the Web). It looks like a deodorant stick and helps with friction issues.

(Are you keeping an eye on the resales for DVC? You might want to read the DVC boards, if you haven't already, to see if that might work for you two -- I bought some points, and I haven't even stayed there yet! But I have stayed in other timeshares, and it's hard to go back to regular hotel rooms now. It's not for everyone, and it's good to do a lot of research about them first, but it might be worth it for you, if you're going to go to WDW at least every 2-3 years).

You just might be topdog of the trip reporters/photographers, too!

Yay! Another TR post! You and DW certainly cover a lot of ground on your vacation- it is no wonder you have a "pokey" foot! Or is that feet now? Love the pics. It is really great to see what "we" :laughing: are eating. The key lime pie and chocolate cake look absolutely delicious! So, how are "we" spending the rest of "our" afternoon? Are we going to find the other glass??? And what are "we" going to do about the foot pain? popcorn:: popcorn::popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter