• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What 3 parks are best for little children?

ashleyx4

Earning My Ears
We leave next week for Disney (Saturday, Sunday and Monday we will spend at the Parks). We live an hour from Disney and have only gone once. We took advantage of the 3 days for $119 deal they offered for Florida residences. We are driving down Friday. We are staying at the all star movies resort. My question is we only have 3 days and can only do one park a day. Which 3 Parks should we do? My daughters are six and one.

Definitely MK and AK. I would actually do MK twice. There is so much to see and do for that age group that I think it would be difficult to spend only one day.
But if you really want to experience 3 different parks, then add Epcot.

We leave next week for Disney (Saturday, Sunday and Monday we will spend at the Parks). We live an hour from Disney and have only gone once. We took advantage of the 3 days for $119 deal they offered for Florida residences. We are driving down Friday. We are staying at the all star movies resort. My question is we only have 3 days and can only do one park a day. Which 3 Parks should we do? My daughters are six and one.

I agree with the PP that recommended 2 days at MK and one at AK. However IF you just wanted one MK day; the park I would add is DHS not Epcot - then again I'm scarred from my parents dragging us around Epcot showing us the 'great' educational aspects of it so to me it's not as much of a "fun" park.

I agree I would spend two days at MK. There are so many great rides for ages 6 and 1. You can have 2 full days there.

For the other day, I would recommend DHS or AK depending on which one you think your kids would like more.

I would do MK and if your older child is into Disney Junior, I'd do HS. I'd probably do a second day at MK. You live somewhat close, you'll be back to do everything at some point.

I would do 2 days at MK also with the other day at HS. Have fun!

Definitely MK and AK. I would actually do MK twice. There is so much to see and do for that age group that I think it would be difficult to spend only one day.
But if you really want to experience 3 different parks, then add Epcot.
Ditto, ditto, and ditto.

2days at magic kingdom, and 1 st animal kingdom would be my choice.

I would say definitely MK, AK, and Epcot. DHS just doesn't always cut it for us but the other three are a must do no matter what. Every park is suitable for little kids and kids are their main targets so it really doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Depends on their ages. If they are a junior higher or older, hit up Disney's Hollywood Studios. It has more things for older kids and more crazy rides. If you have younger kids, make sure you hit up MK. Animal Kingdom is a good one with the animals and more family friendly. Mk has good ones with kid rides and dressing up more. So depends on age. If older kids, go MK, DH and AK. If little kids go Epcot, Mk and AK

Thank you all!! That was my plan from the beginning. 2 days MK and one at AK but when I'd tell people they said we should try another park. Guess I'll stick with my plan!

We skipped AK last week with our 18 month old. Unless you know your kids are going to sit for all of the shows, I don't think its that great of a park for little kids. You can see animals at the zoo. The Safari Ride is one of the few rides they can go on.

Honestly, DD liked Epcot 2nd best after Epcot. Nemo, Turtle Talk with Crush, 3 Caballeros, Figment. She loved some of the things in Innoventions. Lots of Princesses to meet in the World Showcase.

I agree with two days at Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is a glorified zoo, so if you have one of those near you, you might want to skip that.

Hollywood Studios is hit or miss depending on whether you want to see shows or go on rides. There are some great shows, but most of the rides are geared to slightly bigger kids.

As for Epcot, well, I just don't like Epcot.

My 6 year old does not like fast rides. We have yearly passes to sea world and go often. She sits through all those shows over and over (we have seen all those shows a bazillion times Lol). She has never been to an actual zoo just sea world. Ahh I just don't know what to do.

My 6 year old does not like fast rides. We have yearly passes to sea world and go often. She sits through all those shows over and over (we have seen all those shows a bazillion times Lol). She has never been to an actual zoo just sea world. Ahh I just don't know what to do.

Will your 1 year old sit through them? My daughter wouldn't at a year either when we went for her birthday (she's worse now sitting still at 18 months though!)

If they've never been to a zoo, I bet she would still enjoy AK. I would just make sure that whatever you choose, the 1 year old will be happy too.

I definitely agree with making MK a two day thing. You won't regret that! However, I would go with Epcot over AK for the remaining day. Might be just me, but I know my one year old thoroughly enjoyed Epcot last year. There's plenty of kid friendly rides, as well as the aquarium to look at, and all the little street performances. They also have the Kidcot stations in the countries. Way more enjoyable than the "zoo", in my opinion. But like I said, that might just be me. Haha.

You can always go through the site, make a list of everything at each park that your family will find enjoyable, and see which one is going to offer up the most fun for you all specifically! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter