WH accomodations that allow balcony smoking?

ICan'tWait

Mouseketeer
Please no flaming on the smoking part. DH smokes and a big part of his vacation is smoking on the balcony with coffee in the morning or a drink in the evening. I don't want a unit that smells like smoke because I personally can't stand it and DS always gets a bit of croup when traveling (think it's the A/C exposure, etc.) and I don't want him around the smoke smell either. That being said, I found a place I'd like to rent from but they don't allow smoking on the balcony. Anybody know of any rental units that allow smoking on the balcony but not in the unit itself?

Please no flaming on the smoking part. DH smokes and a big part of his vacation is smoking on the balcony with coffee in the morning or a drink in the evening. I don't want a unit that smells like smoke because I personally can't stand it and DS always gets a bit of croup when traveling (think it's the A/C exposure, etc.) and I don't want him around the smoke smell either. That being said, I found a place I'd like to rent from but they don't allow smoking on the balcony. Anybody know of any rental units that allow smoking on the balcony but not in the unit itself?

Not sure what you mean by "WH" If you are looking for a place close to WDW that allows smoking on the balcony but not in the room, I can recommend the Westgate Vacation Villas. We stayed there in 2010 and it was great. The balcony is very large and enclosed on both sides so you need not worry about your smoke going over to the neighbors balcony. It was perfect. The price per night there is very good also. Very close to back entrance to WDW - the AK Lodge area.

Not sure what you mean by "WH" If you are looking for a place close to WDW that allows smoking on the balcony but not in the room, I can recommend the Westgate Vacation Villas. We stayed there in 2010 and it was great. The balcony is very large and enclosed on both sides so you need not worry about your smoke going over to the neighbors balcony. It was perfect. The price per night there is very good also. Very close to back entrance to WDW - the AK Lodge area.

Thank you! I will look in Westgate Vacation Villas.

I thought Westgate Vacation Villas was non smoking? I own a Westgate property and it is non smoking and the guest can be charged $200 if they smell smoke when cleaning. I will have to check into that to be sure.

Edited: I looked and they are non-smoking:

Room Amenities

Access via exterior corridors Air conditioning Non-smoking only Cable/satellite television channels Climate control Clock radio Coffee/tea maker Complimentary toiletries Cookware, dishware, and utensils Cribs (infant beds) available Desk Direct-dial phone DVD player Electronic/magnetic keys Hair dryer Housekeeping In-room safe Dial-up Internet access Internet access (surcharge) Iron/ironing board Kitchen Microwave Refrigerator Rollaway beds Shower/tub combination Voice mail Window opens Hide room amenities .
•Access via exterior corridors
•Air conditioning
•Non-smoking only
•Hair dryer
•Housekeeping
•In-room safe

Westgate Vacation Villas is nonsmoking- my parents own there. I don't know that you will find anyplace in Florida that allows smoking (some may turn the other way) but I believe smoking is not allowed most places due to the laws in the state.

Westgate Vacation Villas is nonsmoking- my parents own there. I don't know that you will find anyplace in Florida that allows smoking (some may turn the other way) but I believe smoking is not allowed most places due to the laws in the state.

Of course, the rooms/villas are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted on the balcony. Of course, one must keep the sliding glass door closed so the smoke does not go back into the room.

I was under the impression that Vistana still had smoking permitted rooms/villas. Has that been stopped?

We definately don't need/want a unit to smoke in. Just trying to find a balcony for DH. ;) We stayed at Boardwalk last year and I felt like I hardly saw him. I found a rental unit at Windsor Hills that looked promising but the owners requested no smoking, even on balcony.

We definately don't need/want a unit to smoke in. Just trying to find a balcony for DH. ;) We stayed at Boardwalk last year and I felt like I hardly saw him. I found a rental unit at Windsor Hills that looked promising but the owners requested no smoking, even on balcony.

Have you ever considered the Fort Wilderness Cabins? Since I am a smoker, they are probably the only place I will stay in WDW now since you can smoke out on the porch which has a picnic table. Of course, keep the door to the cabin closed. They are priced like a moderate I believe.

Also forgot to add, we had been staying at DVC villas since we became DVC members back in 2002. Sold my DVC points when they went smoke free, including balconies, a few years ago. So I am a "villa" snob - meaning I won't do a regular hotel room when we travel to WDW each year. I didn't think I would like the FW cabins because I was use to 1BR DVC villas but I was pleasantly surprised.

Have stayed in a 1BR villas at Westgate Vacation Villas 2 times since the WDW resort smoking ban and will stay again. I will never purchase a timeshare at Westgate but the villas are nice.

Of course, the rooms/villas are non-smoking. Smoking is permitted on the balcony. Of course, one must keep the sliding glass door closed so the smoke does not go back into the room.

Do they advertise this? I am not doubting you. I was an owner there and was under the impression that there is no smoking not even on the balconies - due to people "forgetting" to close the balcony door. Just trying to figure out the story here. Thanks.

Do they advertise this? I am not doubting you. I was an owner there and was under the impression that there is no smoking not even on the balconies - due to people "forgetting" to close the balcony door. Just trying to figure out the story here. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean by "Do they advertise this?" If you mean do they state on their paperwork "No smoking in rooms. Smoking is permitted on the balcony" I don't know. I just know both times I stayed there I inquired about whether smoking was permitted on the balcony and I was told yes. I never encountered a problem during either stay.

Same goes for my summer apartment rental at the beach. Everyone knows that smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms or apartments in OC, NJ but smoking is permitted on patios/balconies/porches unless the owner states "No smoking on balcony, etc." which I have seen stated on some of the rental ads. I stay in an apartment rental that allows smoking on the porches of the apartments.

As far as someone forgetting to close their balcony door, then I would assume they would be fined if housekeeping smelled smoke in their unit. With today's climate of anti-smoking in enclosed spaces, I would hope that the smoker would have enough sense to close the patio door. If not, their bad and they would be responsible for the cost of housekeeping getting the smoke smell out of the room.

Not sure what you mean by "Do they advertise this?" If you mean do they state on their paperwork "No smoking in rooms. Smoking is permitted on the balcony" I don't know. I just know both times I stayed there I inquired about whether smoking was permitted on the balcony and I was told yes. I never encountered a problem during either stay.

Same goes for my summer apartment rental at the beach. Everyone knows that smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms or apartments in OC, NJ but smoking is permitted on patios/balconies/porches unless the owner states "No smoking on balcony, etc." which I have seen stated on some of the rental ads. I stay in an apartment rental that allows smoking on the porches of the apartments.

As far as someone forgetting to close their balcony door, then I would assume they would be fined if housekeeping smelled smoke in their unit. With today's climate of anti-smoking in enclosed spaces, I would hope that the smoker would have enough sense to close the patio door. If not, their bad and they would be responsible for the cost of housekeeping getting the smoke smell out of the room.

Smoke goes up not across. What about the people above you? I've had many occassions where I've been forced inside at a non-smoking resort due to someone smoking below me. Non-smoking means non-smoking in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter