We've made the decision (pg. 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are your children? I really don't think there is such a thing as too young for Disney. My youngest niece went for the first time at just over 2 months old. Along with her 5yr old sister and 9 yr old brother. What about your children's ages concerns you?

Oh, I see their ages now in your post. The youngest is over 1? I don't think that your children are too young. The 6 yr old and 4 yr old would have a great time. And you would have a great time seeing the expressions on all of their faces when they meet the characters, and see the shows. What is holding you back?

I would definitely take the 3 year old. Ds was almost three the first time we went and he still talks about it! Three and four are truly magical times at Disney.

I would agree with above posters, no one is too young for Disney ;) . Our kids have gone since they were very little. Some things to consider:

- your youngest will be just over 2 in Oct. and will still be "free"
- your other children will be 7, 5 and almost 4 which are all great ages for Disney

On the other hand if you bring all 4 kids you will need to change resorts. POR will accomodate 5 with the youngest in a pack-n-play so you'd pay the same for lodging however you'd have to have a pass for an extra kid.

I would wait to tell any of them about the trip for a while though, 8mos is a long time and kids have a hard time waiting.

Only you know what is best for your family. Don't feel guilty about your decision if you feel it is the right thing to do.

I just got back from a short trip with my husband as I had a conference in Orlando. My kids had a great time with grandma. We stayed at POFQ and I loved it. It is a great resort.

Have fun.

We took our oldest daughter when she was 2 and she LOVED it! She still talks about it, (she's 3) and asked me the other day when we are going to go back! We will probably go again in a few months with our 3 month old.

This is just my opinion, but I could not leave any of my kids at home. It wouldn't seem like a family trip to me.

We've done Disney when my DD was 3 and my DS was 1 - DS took his first steps to Tigger and we got it on videotape:love: It was a great trip - certainly different but so is life with kids.

We also went this past year with DD 6, DS 4 and DS 2 1/2 and it was fantastic. We stayed at POR with a trundle bed for extra space at night and spend 7 full days at the parks.

Every family is different and you know your family best, but there is definetely no such thing as too young for Disney and I would have missed my kids terribly as we saw the characters / rides /etc. and thought of how much the kids would love them. That and all the other kids every where, Disney isn't somewhere I could go w/othe kids when they're small. JMHO

If you think your kids would be happiest with their grandparents then absolutely do it. However, given that you sound unsure, I will say that I agree with the previous poster that I would be thinking of them every time I saw something that they might like and that would spoil my enjoyment. Have you thought of taking someone with you to help? My husband and I are both the oldest in fairly large families and having an Auntie, Uncle or 2 along allows us to have some break time. Would your parents be interested in coming? I know many families who have taken their regular baby sitter with them and it has saved their sanity. Good luck with your decision.:)

I would feel terribly guilty and I know I couldn't do it nor would I want to. Why don't you want to take them? They aren't babies. My DS was there at 2 , 5 and 7. If Disney isn't a place to take kids I don't know where is. I think you would have a great time with the kids and if you don't take them I know every time I saw a family with kids (which will be everywhere) I would feel guilty and not enjoy myself, especially if they have never been there.

I have to agree with the previous posters, I took my daughters for the first time when they were 5, 3 and 1 and we had the MOST wonderful vacation! I think that you would be thinking about them and missing them terribly the whole trip!! Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

If you don't take them, you may do what we did...take them 3 months later!
Of course, that was our honeymoon and the trip 3 months later was an awesome deal my DH couldn't resist. But I understand sometimes parents just need adult time. We had a great trip on our Disneymoon and I didn't feel guilty because it was the only trip I ever had without them.

If you don't take them, you may do what we did...take them 3 months later!
Of course, that was our honeymoon and the trip 3 months later was an awesome deal my DH couldn't resist. But I understand sometimes parents just need adult time. We had a great trip on our Disneymoon and I didn't feel guilty because it was the only trip I ever had without them.

I think the OP is planning to take her two oldest, and leave the two youngest at home with the grandparents.

I think the OP is planning to take her two oldest, and leave the two youngest at home with the grandparents.

I'm sorry but I couldn't imagine doing this. Especially with the 1 DD being 3. My DS was 2 1/2 first time he went and is now 8 and has been numerous times. DD was 17 months the first time. She is 3 now and is looking forward to her 3rd trip in June, and a 7 night DCL in the fall.

She can't wait to go back to WDW. She's asking to eat in the castle and everytime she sees a commercial for WDW, she asks , When are we going back to Disney World"? "I want to go back to Disney world". She definetly remembers our trip from last September.

DS doesn't remember his early trips as I'm sure DD will not remember these, but DH and I will. The memories are priceless when they are younger. I see so many things that DD still is in awe over but DS at 8 is more interested in riding Space Mountain. ;)

Don't get me wrong, its fun at every age, but there's just something about watching the magic through the eyes of the younger ones. There's nothing like it.

think of this, are all of your big riders. in my situation, it was an easy choice, my youngest was 20 months when we went the first time, but i don't do coasters, heights, or anything fast. i am extremly content watching what is going on around me instead of doing the rides. my daughter stayed with me, we did the carousel so many times and strangely enough, she absolutly adored the jungle cruise. my oldest loves the rides, just like my husband. even on this trip, we are planning on being separated for at least a while...my youngest is now almost 6 and still likes to watch the world go by, that is unless there is a pool nearby. don't think because of their age they're too young. children remember, it amazes me the things she remembers that noone even talks about. don't expect too much character interaction. she cried at everyone in a costume...everyone but mickey that is :) strange, but minnie, she screamed at. go figure. if money is not an issue, don't hesitate to take all of them, i guarantee you will come back with memories to last a lifetime!!! good luck.

I have to agree with the previous posters, I took my daughters for the first time when they were 5, 3 and 1 and we had the MOST wonderful vacation! I think that you would be thinking about them and missing them terribly the whole trip!! Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Totally agree with pp. My daughters were 8 months, 27 months and 9 years old and the little ones didn't hold us back. We LOVED it!
We will be there in October too, with a then 12 year old, 4 year old, just turned 3 year old and a newborn - I can't wait to see my preschoolers faces again - your girls are not too young. Mine still remember the 1st trip! If you are fine with it, great.....but I think you may be wishing you brought them the entire time! Good Luck with your decision.

I couldnt imagine going on a vacation without my 3 kids. Anything we do as a family we want to share...especially the magic of Disney. I can see why OP might feel a bit guilty.

Your kids might not remember going but you would remember taking your kids. :)

However, if you are still debating at all, I say TAKE THEM!!! I just can't imagine Disney without even a couple of my kiddos. We have five daughters ages 9 down to 22 months. We are all going in December. My youngest will just barely be 2 1/2 by then. You said your parents are planning to come stay with the younger ones. What about taking them with you???? We are paying my mom and her husband's way so that we can have help. With ours still being so young I just don't feel comfortable in that big of a place with our large family unless we have some extra hands. We told them we would pay for everything except food and they accepted. We are all so excited. If you don't want to or can't pay for them maybe see if they'd be willing to come along at their own expense or maybe you can pay for half. I know taking the younger ones can be quite a chore, but you are just going to love how the younger ones respond. It's just precious! Good luck in whatever you decide.

Melissa-mom to: Kaylee-9, Megan-7, Chelsea-5 1/2, Hannah 3 1/2, Sarah Grace 22months, & 4 Angels In Heaven

We went last November and DS had just turned 2. He had the best time. I wouldn't have left him home and missed that for anything.

I thought about taking a mommy-daughter trip next year with my DD (who will then be 6). But there is no way I could leave DS behind--he loved WDW so much.

If you are still trying to decide, take them! You will have a blast and they will too!

I couldnt imagine going on a vacation without my 3 kids. Anything we do as a family we want to share...especially the magic of Disney. I can see why OP might feel a bit guilty.

Your kids might not remember going but you would remember taking your kids. :)

I agree with this 110%! :thumbsup2

We are taking DD 4 days after she turns 4 years old and I can not wait to see it through her eyes!

I think you should definetely take the kids!

I could never do Disney without my 3 yo DS, soon to be 4...he had just turned 3 when we went last year and I am absolutely amazed at the stuff he remembers, down to the littlest detail...stuff I don't remember, its incredible and its ALL he has talked about, so he is sooooooo excited about going, I went through this debate last year, my mom offered to watch him and let us go, but I knew I would spend the entire week in tears because everytime I saw something it would remind me of him and I would be devastated that he didn't come with me, so we ALL went, and it was the most memorable vacation I have ever been on, I say take them, they will amaze you at how much they will remember and how much fun they will have....:wizard:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter