We've had makeup...how about hair?

Ditto this.

Even if I could get may hair to do what it supposed to do, without a hat on my head, I end up with a sunburn on the part in my hair. Baseball hat for me.

I put sunscreen on my part where my bangs come forward, otherwise I get fried there. :) No hat for me.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have long thick curly hair. I use BedHead Control Freak level 3 when my hair is wet. Brush it through with a wide toothed comb then dry it straight with a round brush. Then I take a couple of bobby pins and put my bangs back.

I have longer, curly-ish hair. It's rather thin but I have LOTS of it. Living in a dry climate I don't have to worry alot about what humidity does to it and I am currently alternating between straightening it and wearing it curly.

You might find that your hair loves the humidity. Living in SC, VA, and WV, and visiting FL, allowed me to see just how curly my hair can get. It's something I never knew when growing up in CA or even going to school (and now living) in western WA. All I need is some aveda stuff that helps to hold in that moisture, and I'm good.

Now, if we are talking about what to do about the HEAT that goes along with having curly hair sitting on your head, then it's ponytail or bun all the way. :)

OH, and if you tend towards having a very sweaty head, don't put a cotton-based hat on your head. Went a whole day thinking I was the cutest thing ever (not really, but I hoped) until I saw my hat in a mirror, and it was just drenched in sweat. YUCK. Bought the more "tech" kind of hat quickly, so it at least hides the sweat and can dry better.

You might find that your hair loves the humidity. Living in SC, VA, and WV, and visiting FL, allowed me to see just how curly my hair can get. It's something I never knew when growing up in CA or even going to school (and now living) in western WA. All I need is some aveda stuff that helps to hold in that moisture, and I'm good.

I grew up in MA. My hair does not love the humidity. I didn't realize I could even have cute hair until I moved to AZ. I dread going "home" now because my hair freaks out and refuses to behave itself. It's hopeless.

Wish I could do a short pixie-ish style but I do not have a good face for super short hair :(

I love Florida, because I have the kind of hair that normally can't decide if it's curly or straight (and no, it rarely manages "wavy").

But the moment I step off the plane in Florida, it poofs right up and announces that it's curly. I really think this is the climate I was meant for - humid and hot! Even the issues I usually have with dry skin clear right up.

So I don't do anything in WDW. I just let my hair go wild and free and enjoy the results.

I have heavy, super-straight hair; there's not a lot I can do with it even when I want to. It's either a hat or a ponytail, plus throw a brush in my bag for when the wind messes it up. I bring my own shampoo and hairspray from home because I can't use anything with a scent.

I have heavy, super-straight hair; there's not a lot I can do with it even when I want to. It's either a hat or a ponytail, plus throw a brush in my bag for when the wind messes it up. I bring my own shampoo and hairspray from home because I can't use anything with a scent.

Same here but I think I will try these Goody Spin Pins, see if I can find them this weekend and test them out!!

Pony and baseball cap pretty much every park day. I do have a cute pink plaid bucket hat I got at BB. Sometimes I will straighten my partially wavy hair and wear that. I'm very fair so I always wear a hat at the parks.

Same here but I think I will try these Goody Spin Pins, see if I can find them this weekend and test them out!!

I have those pins. If your hair is heavy or thick, I would get two sets. I have one set (it came with two pins) and I have to use tons of bobby pins with them because my hair is thick and heavy.

Goody's Spin Pins. I don't leave home without them!

What is a Spin Pin? How does it hold your hair? In a twist or bun? I have very fine hair (but a lot of it) so things like usually just fall out of my hair. I rely on Goody no metal elastics.

Pony tail hanging out of a ball cap or just stuffed under the ball cap so it doesn't hang down and get sweaty on my neck and drive me crazy.

What is a Spin Pin? How does it hold your hair? In a twist or bun? I have very fine hair (but a lot of it) so things like usually just fall out of my hair. I rely on Goody no metal elastics.

This is my hair, too. I'm a wash-and-go gal. Usually by the time I get where I'm going, my hair is dry enough to pull into a ponytail and that's where it stays.

Both of us have wavy/curly long hair and its amazing (not in a good way) to what the humidity does to our hair. Most of the times I leave it down but bring an elastic to throw it up in if it bugs me too much. I wouldn't waste your time straightening it because 10 minutes in the humidity and poof :wizard: back to curly.
Also try frizzoff.com it has AMAZING not weigh your head down products (Curl Keeper) specifically designed for curly hair. Have a look...thankfully I live close enough to visit the salon. The products are a bit pricey but last a long time and so worth the money. And with a quick look they ship to the US and for sure ship to Canada.

Awesome thread! I'm a curly-head too. If you're familiar with naturallycurly.com, my hair is a combination of 3B and 3C. It's fine, tends towards dry, and a big pain in the rear.

I wear a ponytail a lot. My Disney look will be a ponytail. Sexy. ;)

Products:

Shampoo: I like the Ouidad Moisture Lock Shampoo.

Conditioner: I've been shopping around lately, but my current favorite is the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's cheap and leaves my hair smooth. Because of Frizz Issues, I decided to try the Ouidad Climate Control Conditioner. It's fine. I got it on sale. But I don't plan to repurchase once I run out.

Leave-in Conditioner: Ouidad Moisture Lock. It's hydrating and doesn't weigh my curls down.

Gel: The best gel for me is LA Looks Sports Gel. It's ridiculously cheap - like $5 for a huge bottle. First I smooth some gel onto my hair. Then I comb my hair with a wide tooth comb and put it in a ponytail. Then I apply more gel into the ponytail in sections and finger comb it. The gel really helps with frizz. It's the best gel I've found - and I've tried a lot of gels - for my hair. It can get crunchy but if it feels a bit stiff after it dries, I just twist my ponytail to break up the crunchiness.

That's it! If I find myself getting frizzy during the day, I wet my hands and glide it down the ponytail and twist it. If I have a bit of conditioner, I add that and that generally helps.

I have thick curly hair and I use Sabino Lok & Block. It is fantastic and REALLY works. It is not cheap, but a little goes a long way. Humidity will no longer effect your hairstyle and it keeps your hair soft and easy to manage. I have used it for over 5 years and have tried every product on the market. This stuff can not be beat.:thumbsup2

I wear mine up in a messy bun. I straighten the front of my hair, but other than that, it's up and out of the way, and cute for pictures.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter